• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No

Co-signed. 

He’s basically Michigan’s version of Dan Quinn right now and you want the Falcons to hire him?

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll didn't win Super Bowls their first go around either. Neither would have been welcomed here given that "requirement." The whole Michigan thing doesn't mean anything. I don't understand why people don't understand that coaching in college and coaching in the NFL are two dramatically different things. There's a reason a ton of college coaches have failed miserably in the NFL and then ran back to college. But it works both ways. We've seen great NFL head coaches struggle in college. Harbaugh isn't the first to do that. Bill Walsh is considered one of the 5 greatest NFL coaches ever but in 5 years across 2 stints in college coaching Stanford he posted a 34-24-1 record and won more than 8 games in a season only twice. His last 2 years in his 2nd stint there they won only 4 and 3 games.

Dennis Green is another pretty successful NFL coach that couldn't hack it in college. Green in college at Northwestern and Stanford posted a combined record of 26-63. He won more than 5 games in a season once. But in the NFL it wasn't until his 10th season before he finally had a losing season. Think about that for a second, a guy that couldn't win more than 3 games in a season in his first 6 seasons as a college head coach went his first 9 NFL seasons before he won fewer than 8 games. His record his first 9 NFL seasons was 92-52. A whooping 40 games over .500. A .639 winning percentage. To put that into prospective of just how good that is, Bill Belichick's career winning percentage is.676.

I know, I know, you're screaming "he didn't win the Super Bowl!!!!" But neither had Andy Reid until he finally did. You gotta get to the party before you can win the Super Bowl and Green did just that taking the Vikings to the playoffs in 8 of his first 9 seasons. I don't know about y'all, but I'd gladly take seeing the Falcons make the playoffs in 8 of the next 9 seasons with the worst season in there being a lowly 8-8. But that's just me, I've never been a Super Bowl or bust fan. If that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

@ya_boi_j, yes I did type this on my phone and it was ****, lol.

🤐

7 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

See but 1-3 years kinda makes sense with this current roster. Otherwise, the falcons should just blow it up and let a new coach and GM build from the ground up. But if they still believe Ryan and Julio are the guys, a coach like Harbaugh could win immediately and that’s necessary with the age of Matt and Julio

Any good coach is going to get the most out of those two. Again, he has a proven track record that he can’t win the big games that count. We’ve seen that time and time again with this franchise under Mora, Smitty, Quinn. I’d honestly rather stick with Raheem if we’re trying to get the most out of this current roster.

10 hours ago, Redjack said:

Literally could not care less about anything this dude has or hasn’t done at Michigan, he better be the first one here for an interview in the off-season. 

An NFL head coach through and through and even though he’s an offensive guy, his hard-nose style seems to always translate to the defensive side too.

FIRST ON THE LIST, Arthur.

NO. NO. NO.

If the college coaches have figured him out, the NFL coaches will absolutely own him.

Besides, we don't need another clown show after just firing DQ.

Edited by Zzzzz
2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll didn't win Super Bowls their first go around either. Neither would have been welcomed here given that "requirement." The whole Michigan thing doesn't mean anything. I don't understand why people don't understand that coaching in college and coaching in the NFL are two dramatically different things. There's a reason a ton of college coaches have failed miserably in the NFL and then ran back to college. But it works both ways. We've seen great NFL head coaches struggle in college. Harbaugh isn't the first to do that. Bill Walsh is considered one of the 5 greatest NFL coaches ever but in 5 years across 2 stints in college coaching Stanford he posted a 34-24-1 record and won more than 8 games in a season only twice. His last 2 years in his 2nd stint there they won only 4 and 3 games.

Dennis Green is another pretty successful NFL coach that couldn't hack it in college. Green in college at Northwestern and Stanford posted a combined record of 26-63. He won more than 5 games in a season once. But in the NFL it wasn't until his 10th season before he finally had a losing season. Think about that for a second, a guy that couldn't win more than 3 games in a season in his first 6 seasons as a college head coach went his first 9 NFL seasons before he won fewer than 8 games. His record his first 9 NFL seasons was 92-52. A whooping 40 games over .500. A .639 winning percentage. To put that into prospective of just how good that is, Bill Belichick's career winning percentage is.676.

I know, I know, you're screaming "he didn't win the Super Bowl!!!!" But neither had Andy Reid until he finally did. You gotta get to the party before you can win the Super Bowl and Green did just that taking the Vikings to the playoffs in 8 of his first 9 seasons. I don't know about y'all, but I'd gladly take seeing the Falcons make the playoffs in 8 of the next 9 seasons with the worst season in there being a lowly 8-8. But that's just me, I've never been a Super Bowl or bust fan. If that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

@ya_boi_j, yes I did type this on my phone and it was ****, lol.

*slow claps*

53 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

NO. NO. NO.

If the college coaches have figured him out, the NFL coaches will absolutely own him.

Besides, we don't need another clown show after just firing DQ.

How many coaches have done terrible in college, but went on become SB winning HCs?

Honestly, I can't name any.

Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, and Pete Carroll(returned to the NFL) all won National Championships and we're really good college HCs before winning SBs in the NFL.

I'd give Harbaugh a shot if he ends up being the guy for the Falcons HC job, but the odds are against him.

10 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Difference being Pete can win the big games. Harbaugh can’t unless you’re talking about his brother John 

I’m not saying I love Harbaugh but all coaches lose big games. The question becomes does this coach who lost this big game have what it takes to get back there and win it? Andy Reid couldn’t win the big game and then he did it. 

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

This is the route we're almost forced to take. We need a win now guy. Harbaugh and Kubiak (if we could interest him in coaching again knowing it'd be a short term gig) would be two of my top choices.)

Kubiak would be siiiick. Or even Harbaugh with Kubiak as OC

1 hour ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Any good coach is going to get the most out of those two. Again, he has a proven track record that he can’t win the big games that count. We’ve seen that time and time again with this franchise under Mora, Smitty, Quinn. I’d honestly rather stick with Raheem if we’re trying to get the most out of this current roster.

I think you’re looking at it the wrong way homie. With San Francisco, he went to 3 conference championships in 4 seasons with Alex Smith....and Colin Kaepernick as his QB’s. The coach prior to him, Singletary, couldn’t win with that stacked defense and stud RB in Gore. And the coaches who replaced him, Tomsula and Kelly also couldn’t win. 

You know who also had a reputation in the NFL of “couldn’t win the big game” for a long time? Andy Reid. He was labeled as a choker. But the thing is, he won consistently with McNabb, Alex Smith, Vick, etc. Those guys didn’t make Reid look good....it was definitely the other way around. And then he wins the SB when he finally gets a REAL quarterback.

Winning is hard to do man. And if you can do it for 3-5 years with an average QB? That’s pretty damn impressive. Take my word on it if this happens, the Vikings will deeply regret letting Mike Zimmer go. They will never find another coach who will win with Case Keenum and Kirk Cousins 

34 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

How many coaches have done terrible in college, but went on become SB winning HCs?

Honestly, I can't name any.

Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, and Pete Carroll(returned to the NFL) all won National Championships and we're really good college HCs before winning SBs in the NFL.

I'd give Harbaugh a shot if he ends up being the guy for the Falcons HC job, but the odds are against him.

Define ‘terrible’? 

Would you prefer Kliff Kingsbury? His college W-L record was 35-40. Matt Ruhl? 47-43. 

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Define ‘terrible’? 

Would you prefer Kliff Kingsbury? His college W-L record was 35-40. Matt Ruhl? 47-43. 

I think the issue is that Harbaugh was so great in SF that when he left for Michigan, the expectations were for him to dominate the Big 10 and win 1-2 national championships. Because he failed to meet the super high expectations, the stock is low. Recency bias 

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think the issue is that Harbaugh was so great in SF that when he returned to Michigan, the expectations were for him to dominate the Big 10 and win 1-2 national championships. Because he failed to meet the super high expectations, the stock is low. Recency bias 

And I agree it is a concern. But I would still grab him as our next HC in a microsecond.

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Oh I’m not saying it’s MY concern, I’m just saying it could be why so many fans are writing him off. I think hiring Harbaugh with this current roster would be a no brainer

I knew it wasn’t. 

Harbaugh (if even interested)  gives Blank/Ryan/Julio et al one last (best) shot at a ring. I would be all in with him. If it doesn’t work, blow it all up. 

18 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Define ‘terrible’? 

I'm talk about having a losing record on the college level and going on to be a SB winning NFL HC.

I don't think it's been done yet. It could happen though. Harbaugh does have some good NFL experience as a HC.

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm talk about having a losing record on the college level and going on to be a SB winning NFL HC.

I don't think it's been done yet. It could happen though. Harbaugh does have some good NFL experience as a HC.

His ONLY experience as a HC is good. He left San Fran because of disagreements with the GM. I know plenty of Niner fans who were soooooo pissed when he left.