• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No

Co-signed. 

He’s basically Michigan’s version of Dan Quinn right now and you want the Falcons to hire him?

Posted Images

If you want to go all in and try and win with Ryan and Julio (which financially makes the most sense) then Harbaugh is actually a good choice. He’s a guy that will be successful early but his window is 2-3 years tops. That’s exactly the Ryan and Julio window right now too. 

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

......and then teams figured out how to stop Kaepernick and that was the decline of him.

Kaepernick is in a long line of running QBs who aren't that good passers.

Agreed, and ok? Harbaugh coached that dude to a Super Bowl.

Edited by Redjack

If Harbaugh was coming straight here after the 49ers job and Michigan had never happened people would have an entirely different opinion of him. For some reason Michigan means something and the 49ers job doesn't mean squat to people around here. I haven't seen one legit argument against that actually carries weight behind it. Didn't win a Super Bowl in 4 years with the 49ers so that automatically means he can't ever win the Super Bowl? What sense does that make? This same fan base wouldn't have ever hired Pete Carroll or Bill Belichick but now both are considered 2 of the all-time greats. It's hilarious.

39 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

We’re gonna be singing the same song we are now in a few years if he’s brought in. I get why he’s exciting to folks but he’s had enough of a track record in the NFL and now college to show why he isn’t the guy. It’ll be great for 1-3 years then it’s gonna suck. I’m honestly surprised Carroll has stuck around for as long as he has but he’s proving to be an outlier as each season passes

See but 1-3 years kinda makes sense with this current roster. Otherwise, the falcons should just blow it up and let a new coach and GM build from the ground up. But if they still believe Ryan and Julio are the guys, a coach like Harbaugh could win immediately and that’s necessary with the age of Matt and Julio

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

If you want to go all in and try and win with Ryan and Julio (which financially makes the most sense) then Harbaugh is actually a good choice. He’s a guy that will be successful early but his window is 2-3 years tops. That’s exactly the Ryan and Julio window right now too. 

This is all I want. Give Ryan and Julio an actual chance one more time. 

if y’all want some dude who watches Andy Reid call plays then let’s do that when we are in complete rebuild mode and have traded Ryan and Julio.

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

If Harbaugh was coming straight here after the 49ers job and Michigan had never happened people would have an entirely different opinion of him. For some reason Michigan means something and the 49ers job doesn't mean squat to people around here. I haven't seen one legit argument against that actually carries weight behind it. Didn't win a Super Bowl in 4 years with the 49ers so that automatically means he can't ever win the Super Bowl? What sense does that make? This same fan base wouldn't have ever hired Pete Carroll or Bill Belichick but now both are considered 2 of the all-time greats. It's hilarious.

Sorry you were supposed to type “Next” after this whole post to make it matter.

Edited by Redjack

These comparisons of Harbaugh to DQ because they are both "rah rah" guys are ridiculous... But I'll go there with you guys then is it that you want a more "subdued" head coach... You know like Mike Smith... because we definitely already know how that will end too. But if you don't want a rah rah coach cuz that was DQ and you don't want a calm coach cuz that was Smith... What the **** type of coach does that leave 

It makes absolutely no sense for the critique of a potential head coach to be "he's rah rah and we've had that before"... The schemes Harbaugh run and defensive philosophy is night and day from DQ... But hey they both like to shout so I guess they must be the same

Edited by ramonezy
1 minute ago, ramonezy said:

These comparisons of Harbaugh to DQ because they are both "rah rah" guys are ridiculous... But I'll go there with you guys then is it that you want a more "subdued" head coach... You know like Mike Smith... because we definitely already know how that will end too. 

It makes absolutely no sense for the critique of a potential to be "he's rah rah and we've had that before"... The schemes Harbaugh run and defensive philosophy is night and day from DQ... But hey they both like to shout so I guess they're the same

I want to hire a head coach who is literally the exact opposite of everything we have hired in the last decade.

35 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Personally, I don't really have a preference of who should be the new Falcons HC.

If Harbaugh was hired, I'd support him despite me being on the fence about him.

Basically where I stand as well. In my eyes, none of these potential candidates are very enticing. I just hope we pick the right one. Or maybe Raheem proves himself worthy 🤷🏻‍♂️

48 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

This is the route we're almost forced to take. We need a win now guy. Harbaugh and Kubiak (if we could interest him in coaching again knowing it'd be a short term gig) would be two of my top choices.)

3 hours ago, Redjack said:

Literally could not care less about anything this dude has or hasn’t done at Michigan, he better be the first one here for an interview in the off-season. 

An NFL head coach through and through and even though he’s an offensive guy, his hard-nose style seems to always translate to the defensive side too.

FIRST ON THE LIST, Arthur.

I'd be down

The only person you’d have to satisfy is AB.

I’m not sure thee abrasive nature would sit comfortably with AB or Rich McKay who no doubt will hold a lot of sway with AB.

Do I think Harbaugh can coach yes I do.

Do I think there are better round maybe.

I’d still have to be swayed by the guys he brings in for us to flourish.

6 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I would prefer he not be on the list at all. Got a feeling he would not do well here and his grating personality would grow old quickly. 

Blank has tried go-along, get-along coaches.  They have failed in -epic- fashion. 

It's time for some tough guy beat the other team down style coaching.   

It doesn't matter if Harbaugh only lasts four years.   The goal is to win a Super Bowl ASAP, before our best players get too old.

4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

No more HC's-in-training!

Harbaugh would match up with the Andy Reid's and Sean Peyton's, now.... right now.   We need that.

4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I was gonna post this but instead I'll just quote you. Harbaugh annoys people after a while so a team only has that window which fits with Atlanta if AB wants Ryan to stay around. If we go all in, then Harbaugh now and a total rebuild in 2023. 

4 hours ago, treboyplay said:

So.... you’re saying he didn’t win a SB and now he’s the coach of college team that has been everything but competitive with him as HC. 

Got you. 

Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll didn't win Super Bowls their first go around either. Neither would have been welcomed here given that "requirement." The whole Michigan thing doesn't mean anything. I don't understand why people don't understand that coaching in college and coaching in the NFL are two dramatically different things. There's a reason a ton of college coaches have failed miserably in the NFL and then ran back to college. But it works both ways. We've seen great NFL head coaches struggle in college. Harbaugh isn't the first to do that. Bill Walsh is considered one of the 5 greatest NFL coaches ever but in 5 years across 2 stints in college coaching Stanford he posted a 34-24-1 record and won more than 8 games in a season only twice. His last 2 years in his 2nd stint there they won only 4 and 3 games.

Dennis Green is another pretty successful NFL coach that couldn't hack it in college. Green in college at Northwestern and Stanford posted a combined record of 26-63. He won more than 5 games in a season once. But in the NFL it wasn't until his 10th season before he finally had a losing season. Think about that for a second, a guy that couldn't win more than 3 games in a season in his first 6 seasons as a college head coach went his first 9 NFL seasons before he won fewer than 8 games. His record his first 9 NFL seasons was 92-52. A whooping 40 games over .500. A .639 winning percentage. To put that into prospective of just how good that is, Bill Belichick's career winning percentage is.676.

I know, I know, you're screaming "he didn't win the Super Bowl!!!!" But neither had Andy Reid until he finally did. You gotta get to the party before you can win the Super Bowl and Green did just that taking the Vikings to the playoffs in 8 of his first 9 seasons. I don't know about y'all, but I'd gladly take seeing the Falcons make the playoffs in 8 of the next 9 seasons with the worst season in there being a lowly 8-8. But that's just me, I've never been a Super Bowl or bust fan. If that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

@ya_boi_j, yes I did type this on my phone and it was ****, lol.

Edited by AUTiger7222