Top 5 QB’s: IAY and CAY

The more I dig into Ryan’s numbers this year and how he is getting them, the more impressed I become.

I can’t lie, this is impressive for a “game manager” who “needs everything to be perfect in order to succeed.”  This is pretty dang impressive.  The data below shows we are running a Coryell scheme again.  Tons of intended/completed air yards and minimal YAC.  Ryan is getting few easy check downs to boost/pad his stats.

The fact Ryan has a 67% completion rate and just 4 INT’s despite making longer, more difficult throws than any other quarterback is incredible.  

You’ll notice Koetter & Arians offense are 1st & 2nd in the NFL intended snd completed air yards by a large number.  Another reason I dislike the offense.  Requires your QB to be special in order to win

Glossary:
(IAY) Intended air yards - Air yards on all pass attempts, whether completed or incomplete

(CAY) Completed air yards - Total yards completed passes traveled in the air past the line of scrimmage before being caught

• Josh A. (9 Games)  IAY: 2,569  CAY: 1,540

•  Phillip R. (9)           IAY: 1,969    CAY: 1,245

• Aaron R. (8):           IAY 2,325    CAY: 1,298

• Patrick M. (9):         IAY 2,590   CAY: 1,361

• Russell W (8):          IAY: 2,654.  CAY: 1,511

• Brees (9):                 IAY: 1,508  CAY: 1,059

• Tom Brady (9):       IAY: 3,018.    CAY: 1,512

• Matt Ryan (9):        IAY:  3,069.  CAY: 1,801

59 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The more I dig into Ryan’s numbers this year and how he is getting them, the more impressed I become.

I can’t lie, this is impressive for a “game manager” who “needs everything to be perfect in order to succeed.”  This is pretty dang impressive.  The data below shows we are running a Coryell scheme again.  Tons of intended/completed air yards and minimal YAC.  Ryan is getting few easy check downs to boost/pad his stats.

The fact Ryan has a 67% completion rate and just 4 INT’s despite making longer, more difficult throws than any other quarterback is incredible.  

You’ll notice Koetter & Arians offense are 1st & 2nd in the NFL intended snd completed air yards by a large number.  Another reason I dislike the offense.  Requires your QB to be special in order to win

Glossary:
(IAY) Intended air yards - Air yards on all pass attempts, whether completed or incomplete

(CAY) Completed air yards - Total yards completed passes traveled in the air past the line of scrimmage before being caught

Pressure, Accuracy & Bad Throw%
• Brees: 83% on target; 12.6% bad throws with 13% pressure rate & 31 Hits
• Ryan: 78% on target: 14% bad throws l with 23% pressure & 31 Hits
• Rivers: 75% on target; 17.7% bad throws with 13% pressure & 15 Hits
• Wilson: 81% on target; 14.7% bad throws with 25% pressure & 32 Hits
• Rodgers: 77% on target; 19% bad throws with 14% pressure & 14 Hits
• Mahomes77% on target; 20% bad throws with 20% pressure & 25 Hits
• Brady: 74% on target; 17% bad throws with 18% pressure & 30 hits
• Allen: 81% on target; 14.7% bad throws with 21% pressure and 30 hits
14 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Glossary:

Drew Brees: king of the shuttle pass.

13 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Pressure, Accuracy & Bad Throw%
• Brees: 83% on target; 12.6% bad throws with 13% pressure rate & 31 Hits
• Ryan: 78% on target: 14% bad throws l with 23% pressure & 31 Hits
• Rivers: 75% on target; 17.7% bad throws with 13% pressure & 15 Hits
• Wilson: 81% on target; 14.7% bad throws with 25% pressure & 32 Hits
• Rodgers: 77% on target; 19% bad throws with 14% pressure & 14 Hits
• Mahomes77% on target; 20% bad throws with 20% pressure & 25 Hits
• Brady: 74% on target; 17% bad throws with 18% pressure & 30 hits
• Allen: 81% on target; 14.7% bad throws with 21% pressure and 30 hits

Interesting Ryan has very similar numbers to an MVP candidate in Wilson. We have some good speed, a WCO would be great for guys like Julio who are very physical after the catch. The trick obviously is to hit them in stride consistently.

5 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Interesting Ryan has very similar numbers to an MVP candidate in Wilson. We have some good speed, a WCO would be great for guys like Julio who are very physical after the catch. The trick obviously is to hit them in stride consistently.

We’ve already seen this offense peak in that system and hitting on shots wasn’t a problem. Ryan is deadly in that 10-25 yard range for what Kyle installed here. That’s where YAC come in. We would hit the shots we took because they were more timed and rhythm based as the offense was less clunky.

Dirk’s routes aren’t YAC friendly. It’s make the catch and maybe you are already in the endzone.