2020 - 2021 Hawks Free Agency News

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

Hawks won't have any capspace next offseason even without resigning Collins now.  His caphold for next season is $12 million, which would put us right at the expected salary cap of $112 millon.

What the Hawks do have, are contracts of players on reasonable deals, young players on rookie deals and picks to offer for Giannis.

Giannis will be a free agent. He wants to go to a team to win a chip.   We are over the cap, but barely. A better strategy is doing what the nets did. Package Contracts with a 1st or an asset to clear cap space. Knicks have 71 mil in cap space next year and aren't gonna entice a superstar.  Package either Huerter or our 1st with Capela for a protected 2nd and cash considerations. Then package a future 1st with Gallo to another team. That clears 37.5 Mil( plus huerter's contract if traded). That will give us the room to get Giannis under the cap, then sign Collins over the cap.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my first time posting about Hawks but as Bogi is my homie I feel obligated to chip in I watched him as a youngster playing for Partizan, Serbia and for our national team as well. Tremendo

Kind of hard to convince people you know something about Gallinari when you spell it Dalinnari. Just sayin.   That said, I actually agree there are folks here who clearly don’t know squ

Ressler can fund a team like Blank, but thankfully stays way away from operations. Schlenk is miles ahead of Dimi and approaching Thop status. Just look at what he's done in four years: Brought

15 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I think they need to extend Collins long term, not sure why he is always being rumored as trade bait and being let go but he is a core player to the long term success of this team and needs to kept long term.

Two things:

1. Collins saying that he thinks he is worth a max that the Hawks might not be willing to offer have the buzzards circling.  

2. Most people who don't follow the Hawks thinks he's a full time Center. So once we traded for Capela they jumped to the 'Hawks don't want him narrative'...when he's a PF that can play some center.