2020 - 2021 Hawks Free Agency News

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ressler can fund a team like Blank, but thankfully stays way away from operations. Schlenk is miles ahead of Dimi and approaching Thop status. Just look at what he's done in four years:

• Brought in Trae, Collins and Gallo as our big three
  • Put Cam, Hunter, Huerter and Allen on the wings
  • Added Capela, Onyeka, Dunn and Mays for defensive help
  • Now has 8 players that can shoot 35%+ on 3s and 8 that shoot 80%+ from the line
  • Has at least five penetrators and two or three post players
  • Added a much needed vet presence and still stayed young
  • Has future assets 

Good job!

Who is Allen?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my first time posting about Hawks but as Bogi is my homie I feel obligated to chip in I watched him as a youngster playing for Partizan, Serbia and for our national team as well. Tremendo

Kind of hard to convince people you know something about Gallinari when you spell it Dalinnari. Just sayin.   That said, I actually agree there are folks here who clearly don’t know squ

Ressler can fund a team like Blank, but thankfully stays way away from operations. Schlenk is miles ahead of Dimi and approaching Thop status. Just look at what he's done in four years: Brought

Just now, Ransack said:

I would expect another move to be made if the signing goes through.

I don’t think I would this year. Not until around the trade deadline anyway. I think they want to see who shines through. Huerter has a bunch to prove but could be a valuable chip down the road.

Before they start consolidating and trading, I think they want to see what they have with all this talent. But the young talent on rookie contracts, just no reason to move them yet. And honestly, too much depth really is not a problem, particularly with injuries and Covid and guys like Gallo/Rondo taking nights off to preserve their bodies.

1 minute ago, The Monarch said:

I don’t think I would this year. Not until around the trade deadline anyway. I think they want to see who shines through. Huerter has a bunch to prove but could be a valuable chip down the road.

Before they start consolidating and trading, I think they want to see what they have with all this talent. But the young talent on rookie contracts, just no reason to move them yet. And honestly, too much depth really is not a problem, particularly with injuries and Covid and guys like Gallo/Rondo taking nights off to preserve their bodies.

Huerter is really the Core5 guy I worry about being the odd man out. 

7 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Huerter is really the Core5 guy I worry about being the odd man out. 

Me too. But he has a skill that could be valuable in a trade, or at least the appearance of one: 3 point shooting. But yeah, of all the guys I would expect to be packaged in a trade down the line, I think he would be the one, unless he really flashes this year. And even then, maybe.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:50 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

So we traded 3 first round picks + ate 8 figures in cap space to move up for a backup? Also Gallo is a PF. He can play some SF, but no way is he a starter. 

I think you underestimate just how good Galinnari is.  

4nhgeq.jpg
Then add Reddish who has 13th best odds to win NBA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER.  He is ranked 3rd amongst his rookie class heading into 2021 season

1 hour ago, The Monarch said:

It all depends on what you can get in return. Get offered the right guy and you make the move otherwise I agree you hold and see what you've got.

46 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think you underestimate just how good Dalinnari is.  

4nhgeq.jpg
Then add Reddish who has 13th best odds to win NBA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER.  He is ranked 3rd amongst his rookie class heading into 2021 season

Kind of hard to convince people you know something about Gallinari when you spell it Dalinnari.

Just sayin.

That said, I actually agree there are folks here who clearly don’t know squat about him, suggesting he’s a 4 and a defensive liability is just ignorant.

2 hours ago, Beef said:

Kind of hard to convince people you know something about Gallinari when you spell it Dalinnari.

Just sayin.

That said, I actually agree there are folks here who clearly don’t know squat about him, suggesting he’s a 4 and a defensive liability is just ignorant.

That’s twice I’ve done that now.  Not sure why I keep typing that.  I must have an alliteration fetish or something.  Just sounds smooth

Clint Capela

Bogdon Bogdonavic

Danilo Dalinnari

7 hours ago, Beef said:

Just sayin.

He played 98% of his minutes at the 4 last year.  

8 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think you underestimate just how good Galinnari is.  

4nhgeq.jpg

Nope. You are assuming because I view him as our backup that it implies he is bad.  You do realize in the NBA there is a thing called 6th man of the year for nonstarting players to be recognized as good. 

You have claimed Cam will be our 2nd best player by years end.  So do you believe Cam as our 2nd best player would be coming off the bench or are you envisioning either Bogi(18mil) or Gallo(20ml) will be backups by that time. Both of which are arguments you have used to claim that prove Gallo isn't a backup. 

Or maybe you will realize that Schlenk is overpaying guys for complementary roles because our core 5 are on super cheap contracts. Same strategy NFL teams use when they realize they have a great QB on a rookie deal. 

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Nope. You are assuming because I view him as our backup that it implies he is bad.  You do realize in the NBA there is a thing called 6th man of the year for nonstarting players to be recognized as good. 

You have claimed Cam will be our 2nd best player by years end.  So do you believe Cam as our 2nd best player would be coming off the bench or are you envisioning either Bogi(18mil) or Gallo(20ml) will be backups by that time. Both of which are arguments you have used to claim that prove Gallo isn't a backup. 

Or maybe you will realize that Schlenk is overpaying guys for complementary roles because our core 5 are on super cheap contracts. Same strategy NFL teams use when they realize they have a great QB on a rookie deal. 

^This. Gallo can theoretically play some 3 on offense, but someone will have to cover him on defense. He's a 4 only on d (maybe a small ball 5 in some weird circumstances?), so basically you'll always need someone who can guard 3s in the game.

And Gallo coming off the bench makes a bunch of sense. This is a slightly older guy who misses like 15-20 games a year anyway. You bring him off the bench as an offensive spark plug when JC sits, he plays between 25-30 minutes a night on nights he plays, and he probably plays a bit and finishes several games with JC as the 5, given the opposition. He takes some nights off (one end of a b2b for example).  This also works because CC will probably only play 25-30 minutes a game.

So again, you probably start most games with Trae, Bogi (iffin), Cam/Hunter, JC, CC, and now have a solid bench of Rondo/Dunn/Cam or Hunter/Gallo/OO/Fernando/Snell.

12 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The starting 5 will likely be Trae, Reddish, Bogdon, Collins & Capela with Galinnari getting 28-30 minutes and Hunter 22-25 minutes off the bench