Bengals picked Takk up off waivers

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking news,  hurt his shoulder signing the contract

This is great news. Since we missed trading him at the deadline; which sucked, we can now alleviate a small amount from cap this year and contribute it towards rollover next year. That’s better than h

You whiners just don't get it do you? Shyte teams dont trade picks for players midseason, only good teams do that to make their final push. You trade Takk to a good team for a 6th round pick and

Posted Images

i think a lot of it has to do with the type of athlete he is. super explosive, but not overly flexible. he can get by or power through a tackle but the chase down to convert to a sack is hard for him

Yeah, and those 2 bad shoulders when game is power are not going to lend themselves to easy going banging on NFL OT, pulling guards and sweeping RBs. 

He could find the medical fountain of youth but I doubt it

But yeah guys let’s just not trade him and then when he talks crap on the team we will just cut him and get nothing. 

and before you say this doesn’t mean these teams would’ve given us anything for him, that’s bull. This many teams put in a waiver claim for them, they were offering SOMETHING. 

Great job rich. 

4 hours ago, TheFalcoholic said:

But yeah guys let’s just not trade him and then when he talks crap on the team we will just cut him and get nothing. 

and before you say this doesn’t mean these teams would’ve given us anything for him, that’s bull. This many teams put in a waiver claim for them, they were offering SOMETHING. 

Great job rich. 

You know no one offered upwards of a 4th or 3rd you could potentially gotten as compensation. As I said before, they obviously didn't know how disgruntled he was and didn't expect someone in THIS locker room to force their hand. And those discussions may have been with TD. 

On 11/11/2020 at 4:49 PM, DonOfThemBirds said:

Teams already knew that the Falcons were in a bad situation and that they would ultimately have to release him.

By teams knowing that, they sat and waited to put in a waiver claim once he was released instead of giving up a pick for him.

It's a pretty common strategy when teams have a disgruntled player who isn't a star.

This^^^ Thanks for setting it straight. 

On 11/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, OrthoPTSD said:

Really 2 ways I look at it. The team did something DIFFERENT and made a football decision that they thought would better the team by releasing a whiny, unproductive malcontent and show that they are committed to a winning program.

Or they let an asset leave without compensation, one who thought he could say and do whatever he wanted because of the draft pick he thought the team would hold in reverence while allowing him to bring management down.

I am going with the DIFFERENT thing. Hopefully this a move the franchise looks back on and can say the narrative changed. Morris not being punk'd.

Yes. It was worth not testing a market (a low end market at that) to make a statement of “you are so dead to us that we are cutting you like a UDFA on the first round of cuts”. It just shows we ain’t putting up with BS anymore. I like it. Plus, it’s not like anything we get for him is gonna make the team anyway. 

On 11/12/2020 at 7:37 PM, TheFalcoholic said:

Great job rich. 

Lol what the Falcons wanted 😅🤦‍♂️

7 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

I think the front office should at least explain to the fans why they gave him up for nothing. After all just bench him and when he signs elsewhere next year we get a comp pick. The only reason  I can think of is that they realize they will sign more fa’s than they lose so we wouldn’t get any comp picks anyway. 

They cannot publicly speak if it is what I think.  My guess, Takk had a melt down and they needed the distraction eliminated as soon as possible.  I think he forced their hands.  And, that is why I am pleased he is a Bengal.  I don't normally have emotions about someone who leaves, but Takk and Vic seemed to purposely attempt to damage this Falcons team.  I no longer care about the picks.  I am glad they are gone and we can focus on the future.

On 11/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, OrthoPTSD said:

Really 2 ways I look at it. The team did something DIFFERENT and made a football decision that they thought would better the team by releasing a whiny, unproductive malcontent and show that they are committed to a winning program.

Or they let an asset leave without compensation, one who thought he could say and do whatever he wanted because of the draft pick he thought the team would hold in reverence while allowing him to bring management down.

I am going with the DIFFERENT thing. Hopefully this a move the franchise looks back on and can say the narrative changed. Morris not being punk'd.

I agree 100%. Remember, they started by fining him after he was dumb enough to make his trade tweets. I am guessing Takk further escalated the situation after that, which forced their hand to cut him. Dude is a friggin nut job.

on top of that the team doesn’t owe the fans **** to explain their roster moves. They don’t give the dirty details on any other player release, why would they in a more delicate situation?

18 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

I think the front office should at least explain to the fans why they gave him up for nothing. After all just bench him and when he signs elsewhere next year we get a comp pick. The only reason  I can think of is that they realize they will sign more fa’s than they lose so we wouldn’t get any comp picks anyway. 

They don’t owe us an explanation anyway, but especially for cutting a player who has been a non- factor on team.

We can figure it out.