Bengals picked Takk up off waivers

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking news,  hurt his shoulder signing the contract

This is great news. Since we missed trading him at the deadline; which sucked, we can now alleviate a small amount from cap this year and contribute it towards rollover next year. That’s better than h

You whiners just don't get it do you? Shyte teams dont trade picks for players midseason, only good teams do that to make their final push. You trade Takk to a good team for a 6th round pick and

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Stop acting like every 6th round pick turns into a stud player. The majority of 6th round picks never even play a real NFL game that counts. That is why I'm downplaying it. We didn't get rid of a useful player for nothing. We got rid of a locker room cancer for nothing. That's a big big big difference. Like I said, good riddance to him!! Don't let the door hit him on the way out. Dude was a clown from draft night to the last time he suited up in a game. Was a clown the whole time off the field. I put up with Roddy's antics while he was here because Roddy never publicly trashed the organization and on field was a complete stud. Takk ain't that. Falcons have sent a statement and the statement is they'll no longer put up with crap like Takk and I'm **** proud they're finally sending a different message.

Exactly, and I maintain that we did not get rid of him for "nothing"... we showed a locker room something that they haven't seen in three-plus years... accountability

You whiners just don't get it do you?

Shyte teams dont trade picks for players midseason, only good teams do that to make their final push. You trade Takk to a good team for a 6th round pick and you give him exactly what he wanted and THAT'S when you look like an idiot or a fool... You fire that dude and let a shyte team pick him out of the dumpster (because THEY get first crack at waiver claims) and you've let the entire locker room know that things have changed.

Pffft on your crying over a late round 2022 pick, give it a rest...

5 hours ago, itsryanwonder said:

If Takk thought his situation was bad in Atlanta, wait to see how he does with the Bengals.  He will probably start crying once the offense goes 3 and out.  

Imo, it deserves him right to end up in Cincinnati.. Thats exactly where he should be.. Hope his sorry rump can't find any southern fried chicken up there 

27 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

You whiners just don't get it do you?

Shyte teams dont trade picks for players midseason, only good teams do that to make their final push. You trade Takk to a good team for a 6th round pick and you give him exactly what he wanted and THAT'S when you look like an idiot or a fool... You fire that dude and let a shyte team pick him out of the dumpster (because THEY get first crack at waiver claims) and you've let the entire locker room know that things have changed.

Pffft on your crying over a late round 2022 pick, give it a rest...

We drafted Foye & Gage in the 6th round of 2018 draft.  Drafted Grady, Rico & Kazee in the 5th.   I’ll take as many draft picks as possible

I'm not sure why people think Takk had any value at all.  The fact that he was picked up and maybe the Raiders wanted him means nothing.  Actually, it means that he had less value.  The Bengals are in desperation mode.  This is a blind shot to see if they can get anything out of the scrap heap.  The Falcon's have done this for years.  Takk only has value, IF he signs a contract next year.  He won't.  The dude is a bum.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

We drafted Foye & Gage in the 6th round of 2018 draft.  Drafted Grady, Rico & Kazee in the 5th.   I’ll take as many draft picks as possible

I get it, but counterpoint: Olamide Zaccheaus, Matt Gono and Brian Poole were all UDFA's... (and let's not pretend this board isn't chock full'o' dudes that think Rico and Kazee are bums...).  Point is, we don't need a sixth round draft pick to find sixth round talent; they're all over UDFA...

GM or no GM, I highly doubt that on deadline day the Falcons looked at the offers of a 6th and said “nah, we’ll take nothing instead”.  

Think through the chain of events for a second.  They gambled that a healthy Takk would provide a comp pick better than the trade offers, or that he wouldn’t pass the physical, so they decided to hold on to him.  But then something happened behind closed doors that compelled them to cut him outright.  

Given two legit choices, they picked the wrong one, which fits in with nearly every other decision the last 54 years

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville
15 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

I get it, but counterpoint: Olamide Zaccheaus, Matt Gono and Brian Poole were all UDFA's... (and let's not pretend this board isn't chock full'o' dudes that think Rico and Kazee are bums...).  Point is, we don't need a sixth round draft pick to find sixth round talent; they're all over UDFA...

Rico and Kazee are bums!!! First class bums!!

20 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why are people so butthurt that the Falcons didn't get a lousy 5th or 6th round pick for Takk? Sometimes getting rid of a locker room cancer is far more important than a draft pick.

I would say, because it looks like they could have, and they would have accomplished both goals - getting rid of him, and received some compensation.