Jump to content

Bengals picked Takk up off waivers


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking news,  hurt his shoulder signing the contract

This is great news. Since we missed trading him at the deadline; which sucked, we can now alleviate a small amount from cap this year and contribute it towards rollover next year. That’s better than h

You whiners just don't get it do you? Shyte teams dont trade picks for players midseason, only good teams do that to make their final push. You trade Takk to a good team for a 6th round pick and

Posted Images

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

Raiders also put in a claim. That's 2 at minimum waiver claims, and I'm supposed to believe we didn't get any trade offers higher than a 6th.

claiming someone for free isn't the same thing as paying a pick. This is for free, big difference. No risk for them. Also I read we would've had to give Takk a qualifying offer to get a comp pick so that was a no-go anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why are people so butthurt that the Falcons didn't get a lousy 5th or 6th round pick for Takk? Sometimes getting rid of a locker room cancer is far more important than a draft pick.

Does pointing out something objectively true make someone butthurt? Maybes it’s that you’re annoyed at others opinions and could stand to let go rather than projecting? :shrug:

I’m sure some are making it a bigger deal but there is always value in draft capital vs losing a draft pick; Takk, for nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

claiming someone for free isn't the same thing as paying a pick. This is for free, big difference. No risk for them. Also I read we would've had to give Takk a qualifying offer to get a comp pick so that was a no-go anyway

Sure it’s a risk. Someone else claims him instead. Falcons “reportedly” turned down offers.

So, there’s that and the fact others had a claim for him if he fell to them in the waiver rights list...

So, writing was clearly on the wall. Most likely we were offered a low draft pick. He acted out. We got our hand forced by Takk. He goes to Bengals and we hopefully at least benefit from some slight cap relief; despite losing out on some draft capital.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Coulda been another cominsky or foye

There's something those guys have that Takk doesn't. It's called availability. You can have all the talent in the world but it doesn't mean squat if you can't stay on the field. Takk can't stay on the field. Off the field he's a PR nightmare. Good riddance!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Does pointing out something objectively true make someone butthurt? Maybes it’s that you’re annoyed at others opinions and could stand to let go rather than projecting? :shrug:

I’m sure some are making it a bigger deal but there is always value in draft capital vs losing a draft pick; Takk, for nothing.

There's a lot of butthurt in this thread and in the other thread. Seriously, someone explained a good reason for maybe why the Falcons passed up a trade and one of the responses was "whatever helps you sleep." That's straight butthurt when logic is ignored because someone is all up in their feelings because a team without a GM passed up a trade for a measly 5th or 6th round pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

There's something those guys have that Takk doesn't. It's called availability. You can have all the talent in the world but it doesn't mean squat if you can't stay on the field. Takk can't stay on the field. Off the field he's a PR nightmare. Good riddance!!

He is saying that because it's where we drafted THOSE players.

Stop downplaying 6th round picks lol

Especially for looking to get rid of Takk...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He is saying that because it's where we drafted THOSE players.

Stop downplaying 6th round picks lol

Especially for looking to get rid of Takk...

Stop acting like every 6th round pick turns into a stud player. The majority of 6th round picks never even play a real NFL game that counts. That is why I'm downplaying it. We didn't get rid of a useful player for nothing. We got rid of a locker room cancer for nothing. That's a big big big difference. Like I said, good riddance to him!! Don't let the door hit him on the way out. Dude was a clown from draft night to the last time he suited up in a game. Was a clown the whole time off the field. I put up with Roddy's antics while he was here because Roddy never publicly trashed the organization and on field was a complete stud. Takk ain't that. Falcons have sent a statement and the statement is they'll no longer put up with crap like Takk and I'm **** proud they're finally sending a different message.

Edited by AUTiger7222
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Stop acting like every 6th round pick turns into a stud player. The majority of 6th round picks never even play a real NFL game that counts. That is why I'm downplaying it. We didn't get rid of a useful player for nothing. We got rid of a locker room cancer for nothing. That's a big big big difference. Like I said, good riddance to him!! Don't let the door hit him on the way out. Dude was a clown from draft night to the last time he suited up in a game. Was a clown the whole time off the field. I put up with Roddy's antics while he was here because Roddy never publicly trashed the organization and on field was a complete stud. Takk ain't that. Falcons have sent a statement and the statement is they'll no longer put up with crap like Takk and I'm **** proud they're finally sending a different message.

We could of had both

Now we look like fools as a result

Complain about "butthurt" all you want. Nothing I've said has been wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why are people so butthurt that the Falcons didn't get a lousy 5th or 6th round pick for Takk? Sometimes getting rid of a locker room cancer is far more important than a draft pick.

Because they benched him the Carolina game so he wouldn't get hurt for a trade. They laid out their cards and then didn't act knowing they were dealing with a malcontent. 

It was AWFUL business. There have long been rumors that something is amiss with this franchise just as an organization. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stizz said:

Because they benched him the Carolina game so he wouldn't get hurt for a trade. They laid out their cards and then didn't act knowing they were dealing with a malcontent. 

It was AWFUL business. There have long been rumors that something is amiss with this franchise just as an organization. 

Nah, let's make up a bunch of pretend scenarios where we weren't idiots here. After all, if it could have happened, that means complaining about what actually happened means you're "butthurt"

Gotta love TATF

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Stop acting like every 6th round pick turns into a stud player. The majority of 6th round picks never even play a real NFL game that counts. That is why I'm downplaying it. We didn't get rid of a useful player for nothing. We got rid of a locker room cancer for nothing. That's a big big big difference. Like I said, good riddance to him!! Don't let the door hit him on the way out. Dude was a clown from draft night to the last time he suited up in a game. Was a clown the whole time off the field. I put up with Roddy's antics while he was here because Roddy never publicly trashed the organization and on field was a complete stud. Takk ain't that. Falcons have sent a statement and the statement is they'll no longer put up with crap like Takk and I'm **** proud they're finally sending a different message.

Have a good night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stizz said:

Because they benched him the Carolina game so he wouldn't get hurt for a trade. They laid out their cards and then didn't act knowing they were dealing with a malcontent. 

It was AWFUL business. There have long been rumors that something is amiss with this franchise just as an organization. 

Nah bro. We dont want no more shots in the draft. We want nothing but to release Takk dont pay us! Some people stuck in their feels.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Nah bro. We dont want no more shots in the draft. We want nothing but to release Takk dont pay us! Some people stuck in their feels.

 

Credit where credit is due @Kayoh called that all over the place when we drafted him; his bend. He got a lot of flack for it to, some from me too probably if I checked

Every year we hear about "workout warriors" and "measurables are overrated" but there's plenty of reason to put stock in combine numbers

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Credit where credit is due @Kayoh called that all over the place when we drafted him; his bend. He got a lot of flack for it to, some from me too probably if I checked

Every year we hear about "workout warriors" and "measurables are overrated" but there's plenty of reason to put stock in combine numbers

How did his testing compare to T? :ninja:

If he used more than power he might've saved himself some shoulder surgery tho that last one from the Carolina OT falling on him was dirty IMO.

I hope the best for Takk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...