Bengals picked Takk up off waivers

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking news,  hurt his shoulder signing the contract

This is great news. Since we missed trading him at the deadline; which sucked, we can now alleviate a small amount from cap this year and contribute it towards rollover next year. That’s better than h

You whiners just don't get it do you? Shyte teams dont trade picks for players midseason, only good teams do that to make their final push. You trade Takk to a good team for a 6th round pick and

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Not the most grounded and eloquent speech I've ever heard from a player on draft night.  :lol:

I was probably one of the few that liked it, I liked the energy he was bringing and it seemed like he was going to take somebody’s head off.

Now I’m interested to see what his pre draft profile looked like as I’m sure there were some signs of his immaturity that we have seen play out here. 

1 hour ago, Dem Birds said:

If teams offered a 6th or 7th and we passed it was because of the potential comp pick. They didn't know Takk would act a fool publicly and force their hand. I still would have just benched him or put him on IR but if they passed up on draft picks, that has to be why. 

Man please. Do you really think we were thinking about a comp pick at that time? A comp pick would’ve netted us the same thing we should’ve traded him for. A 6-7. Now we get nothing. That’s why TD is fired and everybody else should be.

27 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Not the most grounded and eloquent speech I've ever heard from a player on draft night.  :lol:

I was pretty floored. I paused it and had my wife come and check it out. Re winded several times, serious laughs there. One of my favorite things to watch for a laugh is public idiocy. He nailed it.

At the time tho was pumped, thought we had a psycho who could make plays.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Why give up something if you can get him for free?

So this doesn't happen.  If the Raiders, or any of those teams, were really interested in him they could/should have offered a pick to secure the player so he doesn't end up elsewhere.  Takk is still young, has nfl ability, and for a team with cap space next year in need of some pass rush it would make sense to not risk the waiver process.  Trade away a low pick, see what he has, leg up on extending him.

Just now, athell said:

So this doesn't happen.  If the Raiders, or any of those teams, were really interested in him they could/should have offered a pick to secure the player so he doesn't end up elsewhere.  Takk is still young, has nfl ability, and for a team with cap space next year in need of some pass rush it would make sense to not risk the waiver process.

Yeah but then you risk him  it resigning .

And then you have up a pick for 7 or 8 games .

I mean I understand what you are saying but he falls into one of those deals where if you can get him for nothing...sure grab him.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Yeah but then you risk him  it resigning .

And then you have up a pick for 7 or 8 games .

I mean I understand what you are saying but he falls into one of those deals where if you can get him for nothing...sure grab him.

Yea, I edited.  The logic would be trade for him, give him the warm and fuzzies he is wanted, maybe he produces and feels loyalty to the team and would give them first crack in free agency?

But yea, I hear you.

8 minutes ago, athell said:

So this doesn't happen.  If the Raiders, or any of those teams, were really interested in him they could/should have offered a pick to secure the player so he doesn't end up elsewhere.  Takk is still young, has nfl ability, and for a team with cap space next year in need of some pass rush it would make sense to not risk the waiver process.  Trade away a low pick, see what he has, leg up on extending him.

Exactly it's all about control. **** we paid a 6th for Jonathan Cyprein who had 1 year left. That was during 1-7.

More so for a team wanting playoff help and obviously less likely to win waiver wire.