Bengals picked Takk up off waivers

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking news,  hurt his shoulder signing the contract

This is great news. Since we missed trading him at the deadline; which sucked, we can now alleviate a small amount from cap this year and contribute it towards rollover next year. That’s better than h

You whiners just don't get it do you? Shyte teams dont trade picks for players midseason, only good teams do that to make their final push. You trade Takk to a good team for a 6th round pick and

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Raiders also put in a claim. That's 2 at minimum waiver claims, and I'm supposed to believe we didn't get any trade offers higher than a 6th.

They didn't learn from the Vic trade offers.  At least they didn't extend the 5th year option for Takk like they did Vic, but this was a puzzling decision for me.

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Raiders also put in a claim. That's 2 at minimum waiver claims, and I'm supposed to believe we didn't get any trade offers higher than a 6th.

Teams already knew that the Falcons were in a bad situation and that they would ultimately have to release him.

By teams knowing that, they sat and waited to put in a waiver claim once he was released instead of giving up a pick for him.

It's a pretty common strategy when teams have a disgruntled player who isn't a star.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Teams already knew that the Falcons were in a bad situation and that they would ultimately have to release him.

By teams knowing that, they sat and waited to put in a waiver claim once he was released instead of giving up a pic for him.

It's a pretty common strategy when teams have a disgruntled player who isn't a star.

Whatever you have to tell yourself

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

By teams knowing that, they sat and waited to put in a waiver claim once he was released instead of giving up a pic for him.

True. I do think it’s a decent chance someone offered a 6th or 7th but we’ll never know. NFL media members that get intel say we had offers but that we were looking for a 4th rounder. 

:shrug: 

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:
This is great news. Since we missed trading him at the deadline; which sucked, we can now alleviate a small amount from cap this year and contribute it towards rollover next year. That’s better than him passing through waiver wire.

I always get confused when it comes to the cap. Do we just get his game checks back for the rest of the season and a portion of his bonus or is it contingent on playing time/stats for the Bengals?

4 hours ago, hjerry said:

Whatever you have to tell yourself

A trade deal obviously couldn't get done if there were some.

The Falcons also not having a sitting full-time GM might've played a role in not getting a deal done as well. But teams are going to start pulling back on offers if they get any kind of idea they can wait to get him without giving up any capital.

It isn't like Takk is a proven player or star that a team must have at this point in his career.

If teams offered a 6th or 7th and we passed it was because of the potential comp pick. They didn't know Takk would act a fool publicly and force their hand. I still would have just benched him or put him on IR but if they passed up on draft picks, that has to be why. 

6 minutes ago, Snozberies17 said:

I always get confused when it comes to the cap. Do we just get his game checks back for the rest of the season and a portion of his bonus or is it contingent on playing time/stats for the Bengals?

I believe they only pay him the rest of his weekly salary this year. Whatever we save can be rolled over cap for 2021; if we don’t sign anyone else to the active roster afaik. Those are usually 1 year and not guaranteed deals as well. Partly why tracking actual cap space is hard without following every single transaction and calculating what was counted on the cap vs never hit the cap based on contract structure at signing and any trade or cut/release after a deal...

3 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

If teams offered a 6th or 7th and we passed it was because of the potential comp pick. They didn't know Takk would act a fool publicly and force their hand. I still would have just benched him or put him on IR but if they passed up on draft picks, that has to be why. 

That’s the only way it makes sense. He acted out when the goal was to get him healthy and play the 2nd half of the schedule.

His play would potentially boost compensatory formula size contract and we benefit from needed edge help (he was our most effective DL other than Grady before the nagging injuries came up, again) but him going crazy made that plan blow up even with the chance his health would have allowed him to finish 2020.

Tough situation for Atlanta. Takk needs help.

18 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

That’s the only way it makes sense. He acted out when the goal was to get him healthy and play the 2nd half of the schedule.

His play would potentially boost compensatory formula size contract and we benefit from needed edge help (he was our most effective DL other than Grady before the nagging injuries came up, again) but him going crazy made that plan blow up even with the chance his health would have allowed him to finish 2020.

Tough situation for Atlanta. Takk needs help.

I always thought he was a bit unhinged when I saw him on draft night

Really 2 ways I look at it. The team did something DIFFERENT and made a football decision that they thought would better the team by releasing a whiny, unproductive malcontent and show that they are committed to a winning program.

Or they let an asset leave without compensation, one who thought he could say and do whatever he wanted because of the draft pick he thought the team would hold in reverence while allowing him to bring management down.

I am going with the DIFFERENT thing. Hopefully this a move the franchise looks back on and can say the narrative changed. Morris not being punk'd.