Jump to content

Falcons QB of the future


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me Ryan,defense and better coaching please.

No... our future QB is in 9th grade right now

LOL the MR haters all just soiled themselves 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Todd Gurley runs like he's running in quick sand. He's got absolutely no burst through the hole. You can see a vast difference between Gurley and Hill when they get the handoff and hit the holes (even though they are very few and far between). The other thing is Gurley can't make anyone miss in the open field anymore. You put Gurley 1-on-1 with a defender and he loses that battle nearly every time. He doesn't have the speed to get around the edge. There's a reason Gurley is averaging only 3.7 yards per carry while Hill is averaging 4.3 yards per carry. And Hill sucks!! Can't stand hill. Gurley has also been a major disappointment in the passing game catching only 15 of the 22 passes thrown his way. Even then, he's only averaging 5.3 yards per reception. The only positive value Gurley has brough to the table this year is his ability to score touchdowns around the goal line. Other than that he's been no better than Freeman.

Big positive to be great inside the 10, plus his pass protection is world's away from Freeman. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Yes. I was going to ask about this Ridder kid out if Cincinnati. I haven't seen him throw much, but doesn't he lead the NCAA in rushing TDs or something? He looks like a QB when I've seen highlights on tv. Anyone know where he's projected to go in the draft? I'd be interested to know what he's got for an arm.

He doesn't possess the biggest arm and like I did say he is a bit rough around the edges, but his dual threat ability is one of the main reasons Cincy is where they are now. And he does make good use of his size. He seems to be in the rise especially with measurables. I think he may be a 3rd or 4th round pick right now imo, but that would definitely change if he continues performs well.

 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/desmond-ridder/egzbnFBW6X

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Crazy lol. King **** sure doesn’t suck. He didn’t at Houston and he doesn’t at Miami. If King had a consistent oline and good WR play consistently he would be the front runner in the Heisman discussion 

Exactly. He was being talked up as a heisman hopeful before the season. He can’t help what his playmakers do

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Todd Gurley runs like he's running in quick sand. He's got absolutely no burst through the hole. You can see a vast difference between Gurley and Hill when they get the handoff and hit the holes (even though they are very few and far between). The other thing is Gurley can't make anyone miss in the open field anymore. You put Gurley 1-on-1 with a defender and he loses that battle nearly every time. He doesn't have the speed to get around the edge. There's a reason Gurley is averaging only 3.7 yards per carry while Hill is averaging 4.3 yards per carry. And Hill sucks!! Can't stand hill. Gurley has also been a major disappointment in the passing game catching only 15 of the 22 passes thrown his way. Even then, he's only averaging 5.3 yards per reception. The only positive value Gurley has brough to the table this year is his ability to score touchdowns around the goal line. Other than that he's been no better than Freeman.

Now the passing game is on the OC. I understand the burst is gone but he still will garner more respect from defenses whether he catches a pass or not... Nobody is scared of Hill period.

As for Gurley he has 9tds at the bye..not bad at all.

It's definitely time for a change period overall.

I like Matt but I'm split I feel like we can go another 2-3 years then I'll see some things that maybe we can trade him to a QB needy team who is tired of taking young QBs alas Washington,NewYork,49ers, Bears if there is a possibility to keep our core and part from Matt with a picks. I feel that is the move.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Now the passing game is on the OC. I understand the burst is gone but he still will garner more respect from defenses whether he catches a pass or not... Nobody is scared of Hill period.

As for Gurley he has 9tds at the bye..not bad at all.

It's definitely time for a change period overall.

I like Matt but I'm split I feel like we can go another 2-3 years then I'll see some things that maybe we can trade him to a QB needy team who is tired of taking young QBs alas Washington,NewYork,49ers, Bears if there is a possibility to keep our core and part from Matt with a picks. I feel that is the move.

Falcons are in desperate need of a Alvin Kamara type back. In that case then you could keep Gurley for the goal line situations like the Steelers did with Jerome Bettis at the end of his career. But I don't want to see another year with Gurley as the featured back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Falcons are in desperate need of a Alvin Kamara type back. In that case then you could keep Gurley for the goal line situations like the Steelers did with Jerome Bettis at the end of his career. But I don't want to see another year with Gurley as the featured back.

Exactly add like a Harris or Etienne with Gurley

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Now the passing game is on the OC. I understand the burst is gone but he still will garner more respect from defenses whether he catches a pass or not... Nobody is scared of Hill period.

As for Gurley he has 9tds at the bye..not bad at all.

It's definitely time for a change period overall.

I like Matt but I'm split I feel like we can go another 2-3 years then I'll see some things that maybe we can trade him to a QB needy team who is tired of taking young QBs alas Washington,NewYork,49ers, Bears if there is a possibility to keep our core and part from Matt with a picks. I feel that is the move.

so trade Matt to a team, tired of taking young QBs, for a pick to take a young QB. Genious

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

That's the problem. This team is simply not good enough to compete. But Ryan, who is on borrowed time, is just keeping them slightly relavant so they won't get a top five pick. It's the story of this franchise. 

That's why i say we roll with what we got on offense next year, and pump all of our resources and draft into bolstering the defense. 

One last hurrah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

He’s still unproven too. He’s an unknown hot rookie which is great but let’s see if it stays during the year and if he does it again next year and the year after. Sanchez was good too remember? Bradford, Mayfield, etc

Sanchez was ***. Literally. He was bailed by a great run game 

https://youtu.be/82RIfy-gRa4

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't a fan of King at Houston. His passing has been much improved this year at Miami.

That being said, I'm not very high on him as an NFL QB. I'm not gonna throw out any comparisons or names cause I don't have any right off the top of my head.

I will qualify this statement by saying I could be wrong. I own that I was wrong about Justin Herbert. He's been so much better with the Chargers than I ever thought he would be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Yeah Sanchez was bad but some thought he could do it and improve. Though he didn’t have a season like Burrow.

Back then I had a rule of thumb. Always be wary of Heisman winning quarterbacks and quarterbacks who played for national title contenders. 
 

These days I look at the talent surrounding and their schedule. Burrow had a tough schedule with all star talent but he produced. King has sub par talent and is producing and still time to improve before declaring. Give him what Tua and Burrow had last year and Miami is 8-0

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...