Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

 What a blessing man. Dude is coming along pretty darn nicely!  
We actually have a pretty good core of young talent that we can build upon.

It’d be awesome to see Mykal Walker become the 3rd link to Atlanta’s triple threat LBer corps.

I’m loving our LB unit.  Not having edge rushers the past few weeks has forced the coaches to blitz the LB’ers.  Coaches lucked into this boon

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jesus said:

If you’re finding talent in rounds 4-7 consistently you’re a great drafter. Any team would be crazy to fire you.

Yeah, I'm really gonna miss people insisting this team has "talent" because we play our round 1-3 guys regardless of whether they deserve to be on the field. TD made some great picks, no doubt, but he's also had undeniable blind spots. No good secondary (esp safety, good Lord) or pass rush (esp DE) for 12 years with defensive coaches can't be chalked up to coaching alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’m loving our LB unit.  Not having edge rushers the past few weeks has forced the coaches to blitz the LB’ers.  Coaches lucked into this boon

Right on 2012.  What’s so darned puzzling & maddening is why did DQ sit on his hands for all those years?  You know, the Seattle defensive “guru”?

I think most all of us Falcon die hards just want to see us taking the game to other teams by being aggressive.  So it takes RM & Jeff Ulbrich to come in & save this team for the 2nd time to figure this out?  Sigh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Right on 2012.  What’s so darned puzzling & maddening is why did DQ sit on his hands for all those years?  You know, the Seattle defensive “guru”?

I think most all of us Falcon die hards just want to see us taking the game to other teams by being aggressive.  So it takes RM & Jeff Ulbrich to come in & save this team for the 2nd time to figure this out?  Sigh.

Honestly, the Quinn/Carroll defense has been solved.  I saw a stat yesterday.  The Falcons are on pace to break the record for most passing yards allowed by 100 yards while the Seahawks are on pace to break the record by 1,000 yards.  Just terrible 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Honestly, the Quinn/Carroll defense has been solved.  I saw a stat yesterday.  The Falcons are on pace to break the record for most passing yards allowed by 100 yards while the Seahawks are on pace to break the record by 1,000 yards.  Just terrible 

I’m a fan of inventiveness rather than copycats.  It’s good to use things that have worked for others, it’s another to adapt it to your personnel & then use your creative genius to devise your own fresh ideas. 

Talk is always going to be cheap.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Honestly, the Quinn/Carroll defense has been solved.  I saw a stat yesterday.  The Falcons are on pace to break the record for most passing yards allowed by 100 yards while the Seahawks are on pace to break the record by 1,000 yards.  Just terrible 

It's a bad scheme overall. There's a reason the Tampa 2 went extinct. Carroll's cover 3 is heading that way as well. The receivers and backs are too versatile and athletic to sit back in zone all day. You need corners that can play press man, get physical and pressure the quarterback from all sorts of directions. Holding virtually isn't called anymore from an offensive line standpoint either, so if you rush head on, you're going to have a bad time. There's a reason the best defensives in the league are the ones that blitz the most and blitz from virtually any position. The Colts are the only anomaly right now but I think that boils down to a really weak schedule more than anything.

Edited by Rampage
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...