31 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I’ve just dealt with types like this before and based on that experience they love attention and act like they got ya by the juevos, accountability is a foreign word to them. 

Its the equivalent of playing chess with a pigeon. You can win and they’ll still **** on the board and strut around like they won anyway. 

This is the best thing I have ever read on these boards.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every we

I wouldn’t have waived him. I would have place him inactive for every game for the rest of the season. Just an utter failure by the Front Office 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Even if he could pass a physical (and I agree this is the most likely reason they didn't trade him), I could see the FO saying "no, for a 6th we'll keep him and let him hit FA next season.

And then Takk surprised everyone by calling them clowns on social media and was not remorseful when called on it.  So they cut him to get rid of the locker room cancer.

I'm not mad about it.  He needed to be gone.  He isn't in the team's future plans.  Better for him and us to ship him out now.

This is the most logical conclusion I can come to.  I hope a team that I don’t like gives him a chance and he sucks and stays injured for them too lol.  

12 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Everyone obviously wishes we had drafted TJ! :doh:

In hindsite, yes. But Watt had major injury concerns which caused a lot of smart organizations to pass on him.

I remember a lot of TAFTers wanting Takk, a fairly big contingent also wanted OG Forrest Lamp (yikes!). Many of the peeps now claiming they knew Takk was gonna bust were projecting Haisson Reddick as the next great NFL  LBer, (ala as many were Isaiah Simmons in this past draft) ,with daily threads devoted to trading up to draft him.

Some respected posters were insisting on drafting one Obi Melifonwu with our 1st pick as our safety to replace Rico. S Malik Hooker was called a sure thing future HOFer by a long/time respected  poster, and he would have paid a king’s ransom to move up to take him ahead of Indy. I personally liked Budda baker better than either, but I was so convinced DQ knew what he was doing with Rico, I went in pounding the table for ......................................(Drumbeat)..........................Rueben Foster............shows what little I know. :ninja:

Wonder how this will affect his contract negotiations next year. I don't think he was going to get a very sizable contract anyway, but being cut like this may limit him even more.

Not only is he an often injured DE with obvious mental issues that never lived up to his potential. He also lacks maturity and will try to cast a negative light on the organization when things don't go his way. His mere presence in the locker room was so negative that it lead to us cutting him after not being willing to trade him before the deadline. 

I dont see many GM's beating down that door. I know teams will want to give him a shot, but I think it'll likely be on a relatively cheap 1 year deal. 

Edited by Snafu
26 minutes ago, Vandy said:

In hindsite, yes. But Watt had major injury concerns which caused a lot of smart organizations to pass on him.

I remember a lot of TAFTers wanting Takk, a fairly big contingent also wanted OG Forrest Lamp (yikes!). Many of the peeps now claiming they knew Takk was gonna bust were projecting Haisson Reddick as the next great NFL  LBer, (ala Isaiah Simmons in this past draft) ,with daily threads devoted to trading up to draft him.

Some respected posters were insisting on drafting one Obi Melifonwu with our 1st pick as our safety to replace Rico. S Malik Hooker was called a sure thing future HOFer by a long/time respected  poster, and he would have paid a king’s ransom to move up to take him ahead of Indy. I personally liked Budda baker better than either, but I was so convinced DQ knew what he was doing with Rico, I went in pounding the table for Rueben Foster....shows what little I know. :ninja:

I was one of the guys advocating hard for Reddick. Finally looking good this year, though I still think he could've been elite somewhere else like Baltimore...but I'll admit he didn't turn out great right away. After Reddick was off I got on the Watt train, though I was also into Budda Baker and Reuben Foster (the latter has had a weird trajectory).

I was glad we didn't get Taco Charlton or Jordan Willis, but Takk hasn't been much better.

7 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I was one of the guys advocating hard for Reddick. Finally looking good this year I'll, though I still think he could've been elite somewhere else like Baltimore...but I'll admit he didn't turn out great right away. After Reddick was off I got on the Watt train, though I was also into Budda Baker and Reuben Foster (the latter has had a weird trajectory).

I was glad we didn't get Taco Charlton or Jordan Willis, but Takk hasn't been much better.

I forgot about Willis. A lot of folks in here were on that train too. 

Want to see an ugly 2017 draft? Check out the Patriots.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/new-england-patriots-social-media-video-podcasts/2020/6/10/21286334/new-england-patriots-2017-draft-class-ranked-worst-in-the-nfl

51 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The trashing comes regardless it comes with the job title but bugger all people talk about picks like Olukoun Gage Schweitzer and alike you won’t hear it from a lot.That’s why I laugh at some of the comments and the hindsight mentality that reigns about draft picks.

Exactly bro im a realist and i'll be the 1st to own up to a player i liked rather they fail or succeed.  People act like GM's are perfect on other teams when i can almost guaranteed TD's hit miss rate was probably about on par with the avg of the league in the draft.  Im not gonna say he was great and he also did struggle with some lineman picks.  But he excelled in other areas to try and make up for it i think.   Honestly he might have done a **** of a leaving job on our O-line as a last your welcome to us lol.  Matthews, Lindstrom, and McGary are looking pretty **** good so far this year Mack is what Mack is no complaints there.   I had Hennessey as my #1 Center in the draft last year and a late 1st early 2nd round grade on him so if he fails thats on me as well but i wanted him in the 2nd to 3rd round and am glad we got him.  He hasn't done amazing most of these years on the O-line but he might have went out with a bang if the guys i see on the field now keep getting better over the next few years.

42 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I remember a lot of TAFTers wanting Takk, a fairly big contingent also wanted OG Forrest Lamp (yikes!). Many of the peeps now claiming they knew Takk was gonna bust were projecting Haisson Reddick as the next great NFL  LBer, (ala Isaiah Simmons in this past draft) ,with daily threads devoted to trading up to draft him.

Some respected posters were insisting on drafting one Obi Melifonwu with our 1st pick as our safety to replace Rico. S Malik Hooker was called a sure thing future HOFer by a long/time respected  poster, and he would have paid a king’s ransom to move up to take him ahead of Indy. I personally liked Budda baker better than either, but I was so convinced DQ knew what he was doing with Rico, I went in pounding the table for ......................................(Drumbeat)..........................Rueben Foster............shows what little I know. :ninja:

I love it man owning up to all those bad picks we wanted XD  No shame in that at all as we have also asked for tons of really good ones that went on to other teams that did well.   I was pretty big on baker as well and thought he would be good in the nfl although i'll admit i didn't think he would be as good as he is nor get there as fast as he has.   I absolutely 100% HATEDDDDDDDD the Matt Ryan pick i thought he looked like a bum coming out of college.  Brian Brohm was my dude that year and we all see ho that turned out for me on both picks 😛

23 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I forgot about Willis. A lot of folks in here were on that train too. 

Want to see an ugly 2017 draft? Check out the Patriots.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/new-england-patriots-social-media-video-podcasts/2020/6/10/21286334/new-england-patriots-2017-draft-class-ranked-worst-in-the-nfl

lord i remember how everyone was up in arms about Derek Rivers falling so much and we HAD to have him but i think fans of most teams were thinking that at the time.

56 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I wanted Watt because I'm a big bloodlines person. Never even heard of Takk until the Falcons drafted him. But that's the way it always goes. It's why I don't claim to be a "draft expert."

4 hours ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every week and then maybe you get a comp pick. You just gave him what he wanted and you got nothing in return! 

Which is why Mckay need to be fking gone yesterday - Takkarbage is going to get signed by someone, you take the compensatory pick at this point. Its already a lost season, so whats the worst that is going to happen?

His comments came after the trade deadline.  Our options became:

He stays and maybe gets us a comp pick next year.  It would be a late rounder and any signings we do would cancel it out.  Basically he sits on the team unhappy and we might get something for it.

We release him and if anyone takes him they have to partially or fully pay his remaining salary.

Considering our money situation option 2 looks like it was the right call.  That isn't factoring in if there was additional behind the scenes conflicts.  It wouldn't surprise me if they later say Takk didn't show up after getting fined to force being cut.