Just now, A Dog Named Brian said:

Do we have confirmation that we were actually offered anything for him? Legitimately asking as I really don’t believe Takk. I’m more inclined to believe the 2nd rounder last year being that he was probably more attractive to potentially flip. I have a hard time blaming the current FO for this decision because the people responsible for bringing him in are gone too. 

This does look bad all around but I don’t see this as he got the better of us like people are making it out to be. He’s acting a fool and he got cut, it’s over. 

I posted this before. I don't believe he demanded a trade last year and we were offered a 2nd as this message was at the beginning of this year, but I absolutely believe we were offered something this year, benched dude for Carolina so he wouldn't get hurt and for some reason just didn't go through with the move.

Screenshot_20201104-190657_Twitter.jpg

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every we

I wouldn’t have waived him. I would have place him inactive for every game for the rest of the season. Just an utter failure by the Front Office 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Do we have confirmation that we were actually offered anything for him? Legitimately asking as I really don’t believe Takk. I’m more inclined to believe the 2nd rounder last year being that he was probably more attractive to potentially flip. I have a hard time blaming the current FO for this decision because the people responsible for bringing him in are gone too. 

This does look bad all around but I don’t see this as he got the better of us like people are making it out to be. He’s acting a fool and he got cut, it’s over. 

I don't know tbh that's the rumor lol

But yeah it's done.  Time to move on.

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Who knows, it’s all speculation. Like you said, we don’t have all the facts.

Knowing what I do know, I don’t agree with the takes (not saying you are one) claiming falcons were idiots cutting him loose. Sometimes you’re left with no choice but to get the cancer out of there, and fight the battles with the troops you’ve got. 

Sometimes the message sent to organization as a whole is more important than the particular asset and what it might would have brought later if you held onto it. 

Personally, I think if everything was disclosed on all that has transpired, we wouldn’t be blaming team for releasing him. But that’s my speculation too. 

Sure That's only fair.

It may have just shook out this way and in hindsight it's easy to attack the organization out of frustration. But, that's what fans do. Hindsight attack in one way or another.

Everyone obviously wishes we had drafted TJ! :doh:

5 minutes ago, athell said:

I don't know tbh that's the rumor lol

But yeah it's done.  Time to move on.

I’ve just dealt with types like this before and based on that experience they love attention and act like they got ya by the juevos, accountability is a foreign word to them. 

Its the equivalent of playing chess with a pigeon. You can win and they’ll still **** on the board and strut around like they won anyway. 

Edited by A Dog Named Brian

I know it's typically better to get what you can rather than getting nothing, but sometimes it's just better to cut bait

The dude didn't want to be here anymore and the feeling had become mutual. Teams around the league aren't stupid, they weren't going to give the Falcons anything resembling value for him.

He was becoming more of a problem than he was worth. 

8 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I’ve just dealt with types like this before and based on that experience they love attention and act like they got ya by the juevos, accountability is a foreign word to them. 

Its the equivalent of playing chess with a pigeon. You can win and they’ll still **** on the board and strut around like they won anyway. 

Dude I LOVE that quote!  Lol I've used it several times on these boards 😃

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

You know im honestly not mad at the pick of Takk nor Beasley.  They were both the guys i wanted at DE in each of their drafts over other players.  So i got exactly what i wanted and im not gonna be a liar and say otherwise.   I watched alot of tape on both of them in college as the draft is my favorite time of the year and my favorite thing about football.  Sometimes it doesn't work out but i personally still think TD wasn't wrong for picking them at the time he did it and who's to say if we took Watt or any other DE they get here and suck under Quinn and his Scheme as well and were trashing on them then. 

The trashing comes regardless it comes with the job title but bugger all people talk about picks like Olukoun Gage Schweitzer and alike you won’t hear it from a lot.That’s why I laugh at some of the comments and the hindsight mentality that reigns about draft picks.

Well, I am very late to the party...but good riddance. He can go elsewhere and act like a tool. 

He isn’t getting a sizable deal in FA so the any potential comp pick in the 2022 draft isn’t worth it if he has become this much of a malcontent...especially since it would like be a 6 or 7 at best.

I do think a pass rush desperate team like TEN could roll the dice on him though in waivers for half a season.

33 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Who knows, it’s all speculation. Like you said, we don’t have all the facts.

Knowing what I do know, I don’t agree with the takes (not saying you are one) claiming falcons were idiots cutting him loose. Sometimes you’re left with no choice but to get the cancer out of there, and fight the battles with the troops you’ve got. 

Sometimes the message sent to organization as a whole is more important than the particular asset and what it might would have brought later if you held onto it. 

Personally, I think if everything was disclosed on all that has transpired, we wouldn’t be blaming team for releasing him. But that’s my speculation too. 

From a team perspective, they were smart to cut him, but the end result, all included, is that we look like fools.

Is that hindsight bias? Maybe, but the fact still remains

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't trust Takk as the source that the Falcons were offered a 2nd for him. Don't have any reason to trust and believe anything he says.

Anybody offered a second round pick, Falcons would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. Think it may be a low grade version of what happened to the panthers with Cam. Cam couldn't be traded because he couldn't pass a physical, ended up being cut. Think the same thing happened here, he wasn't healthy enough to trade.

Man, I wish the Falcons could draft a pass rusher.