• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every we

I wouldn’t have waived him. I would have place him inactive for every game for the rest of the season. Just an utter failure by the Front Office 

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

I really can't overstate how incredibly dumb this take is...

First, we didn't "let" him punk us on social media...we fined him and then fired him, so there's that...

Second, we didn't "reward" him by cutting him; that's an insult.  "Rewarding" him would have been trading him to another team, which is what every player REALLY wants when they start whining on social media...and Third, we didn't get "nothing."  We got respect, the respect of the locker room, which is worth far more than some shytty sixth or seventh round pick...but it seems Kevin Knight wouldn't know the value of respect, since he seems like the kind of guy that would wear makeup in prison

We got respect

Yeah sure, uh huh, whatever you have to tell yourself to have this sound not like it makes us looks like fools

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It's nuanced. More teams may be willing to sign him to their own contract. A team wanting rights and now not having to give a draft pick? Sure, the may jump though to get first dibs.

I'll go out on a limb, maybe tiny limb to some, but I don't think he clears waivers.

6 minutes ago, athell said:

And therein lies the problem.  Successful business men = / = successful football executives.  Maybe less Home Depot and more football minds.

So selling hammers and drywall doesn't mesh seamlessly into owning/managing a  pro football franchise? That's a shocker. 😆

He wanted off the team and he is now off the team, whether he was traded or released the end result in the SAME from his perspective; he is no longer on the team. He's only 25 so I am sure he will get another opportunity somewhere else, whether he makes something of the opportunity is tbd.

8 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Nope wish i did though because i've called some good picks in my mocks that we actually drafted :D  The year we took Debo and Neal i had both of them in my personal mock to us although i had them rounds 2 and 3 and we took them a round earlier.   I also was dead set against drafting Jamaal Anderson i couldn't stand him as a prospect and said i wouldn't take him in the 1st 4 to 5 rounds yet we took him at pick 8 which i was furious about.   No one can sit there and say they would have done perfect either as im 1000% sure you me and everyone else here has loved players coming out in round 1 or 2 that were complete trash in the nfl. 

10-4 I guarantee you would’ve found a pass rusher in 13 yrs even if Takk and Beasley failed you...TD didn’t 

1 hour ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every week and then maybe you get a comp pick. You just gave him what he wanted and you got nothing in return! 

You have no clue what went on before they got rid of him. I guarantee you they tried every avenue available to get something in return for him.

But he is that big of a bust that no team in the NFL was stupid enough to even trade a box of jockstraps for him.

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This tells me something happened behind the scenes yesterday or today.   Our FO is comprised of successful businessmen, not dolts

Nah, Raheem Morris said he would be inactive vs Denver, then they would decide what they'd do with Takk so this has been coming.

3 minutes ago, octoslash said:

You have no clue what went on before they got rid of him. I guarantee you they tried every avenue available to get something in return for him.

But he is that big of a bust that no team in the NFL was stupid enough to even trade a box of jockstraps for him.

Exactly no one knows what goes on behind the scenes. 

8 minutes ago, athell said:

Normally with you bro but in this circumstance Takk 1 ) got what he wanted which is not being here and 2 ) will get his entire paycheck for not being here while 3 ) the Falcons got nothing in return.

It's a bad business decision, no way around it.  They got offers for him, they turned them down.  They knew he wanted out, he's been chirping for years.  If they had willing parties to send a pick in return, even if it was a low round pick, and they turned them down only to cut him?  Dumb.  For all the drama, he is 25, a former first round pick, and has some success while working with nothing opposite him...some team will pay him, so we would have gotten a comp pick in return but again, we got nothing in return.

I agree on the good riddance part, but if we are grading this like we grade trades...Takk won...Takk won big.

9 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Just like with wins and losses, it's not that they happen that irritates or makes you happy, so much as how

7 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Somewhere in between these two posts.

It's just a bad situation and doesn't mean Takk isn't the actual villain here. He is. Glad he is gone.

Wish we could've got something. Maybe some team will claim the waiver and give us some form of cap relief. We can use any. That'd be SOMETHING heading into next year.

Heck, if we somehow manage to make the playoffs then the anti-cancer was even more worth it. Either way, he wasn't playing another down here.

12 minutes ago, BennyBoom said:

He wanted off the team and he is now off the team, whether he was traded or released the end result in the SAME from his perspective; he is no longer on the team. He's only 25 so I am sure he will get another opportunity somewhere else, whether he makes something of the opportunity is tbd.

Takk? That you?:ninja:

59 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

I really can't overstate how incredibly dumb this take is...

First, we didn't "let" him punk us on social media...we fined him and then fired him, so there's that...

Second, we didn't "reward" him by cutting him; that's an insult.  "Rewarding" him would have been trading him to another team, which is what every player REALLY wants when they start whining on social media...and Third, we didn't get "nothing."  We got respect, the respect of the locker room, which is worth far more than some shytty sixth or seventh round pick...but it seems Kevin Knight wouldn't know the value of respect, since he seems like the kind of guy that would wear makeup in prison

Yikes. You guys go through pretty big lengths to defend the ineptitude of the FO. He punked the team on Twitter by putting their business out there and saying there wouldn't be a trade before the deadline. As if he's the one calling the shots. They knew about his personality before this.

This was an awful business handling all the way around. 

28 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I mean the injuries and twitter rants are great! /s :lol:

It's bad management by the team. Most reports say the Falcons were offered something. Him claiming a 2nd was always hog wash.

The Falcons were going to let him walk and try to get more than what may have been offered; assuming he could pass a physical...

It's never optimal asset management to let a player go that was going to walk for possible comp formula because you couldn't trade them; whether they chose not to (too low compensation so "couldn't" ) or circumstances (like injury) dictating being able to are different.

We don't really have all the facts.

Takk complained and wanted out. He gets what he wants. If no team claims him? We have to pay him his salary anyway.

Who knows, it’s all speculation. Like you said, we don’t have all the facts.

Knowing what I do know, I don’t agree with the takes (not saying you are one) claiming falcons were idiots cutting him loose. Sometimes you’re left with no choice but to get the cancer out of there, and fight the battles with the troops you’ve got. 

Sometimes the message sent to organization as a whole is more important than the particular asset and what it might would have brought later if you held onto it. 

Personally, I think if everything was disclosed on all that has transpired, we wouldn’t be blaming team for releasing him. But that’s my speculation too. 

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

You mean just another epic TD  bust....but but but they say it’s coaching. Yeah right ifTJ Watt would’ve been pick would the same problem exist? Not no but hello no

I can be forgiving of busts. Sometimes you just don’t have many good choices, like the Beasley pick. But it costs you when you miss and there are lots of good players available, particularly at the exact same position you missed on. 

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If they actually turned down a second round pick for him....that’s insane. That’s a no brainer trade. But good riddance. This guy was a total locker room cancer and another player on the long line of horrible Dimitroff draft picks.

If that's true (and I'm not taking his word for it), he should have felt like he was wanted by the team that gave him a chance instead of moaning about it. Dude can't go two games without hurting himself and his butt was hurt that he wasn't extended. I have a hard time believing we turned down anything more than a 6th for him before he ruined his own market with his broken mind and broken body. God bless him if he goes somewhere and shows out. But if he does, it'll be because he suddenly healed. So also: Screw him if he goes somewhere and shows out because if he does, it'll be because he suddenly healed. Emphasis intended.

8 minutes ago, athell said:

Normally with you bro but in this circumstance Takk 1 ) got what he wanted which is not being here and 2 ) will get his entire paycheck for not being here while 3 ) the Falcons got nothing in return.

It's a bad business decision, no way around it.  They got offers for him, they turned them down.  They knew he wanted out, he's been chirping for years.  If they had willing parties to send a pick in return, even if it was a low round pick, and they turned them down only to cut him?  Dumb.  For all the drama, he is 25, a former first round pick, and has some success while working with nothing opposite him...some team will pay him, so we would have gotten a comp pick in return but again, we got nothing in return.

I agree on the good riddance part, but if we are grading this like we grade trades...Takk won...Takk won big.

Do we have confirmation that we were actually offered anything for him? Legitimately asking as I really don’t believe Takk. I’m more inclined to believe the 2nd rounder last year being that he was probably more attractive to potentially flip. I have a hard time blaming the current FO for this decision because the people responsible for bringing him in are gone too. 

This does look bad all around but I don’t see this as he got the better of us like people are making it out to be. He’s acting a fool and he got cut, it’s over.