2 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

There was no perfect answer, but today’s action was better than “come to Atlanta:  underperform and clown us on Twitter and we’ll keep paying you”

This is most likely the right answer but I'm petty so I'd have made him play hurt as long as the team physician said he could go. 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every we

I wouldn’t have waived him. I would have place him inactive for every game for the rest of the season. Just an utter failure by the Front Office 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Then keep him inactive and let him pout or run him into the ground and ruin him.

He doesn't deserve to possibly pick a team.

But in this scenario he's still in the locker room causing trouble, still on social media badmouthing the team, still on the practice field being a distraction...

Lol at all you guys saying he punked us on social media and we gave him what he wanted. Raheem made him inactive this past game (I know he was still dealing with an ‘injury’) and I bet dollars to donuts he started acting a fool again and we just said f it and cut him. Dude is a cancer, good riddance 

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

This is most likely the right answer but I'm petty so I'd have made him play hurt as long as the team physician said he could go. 

Now that you mention it, I do regret that we missed a chance to see Takk go berserk on the trainer in the middle of a game. . . 

This team is the Picasso of painting itself into a corner

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

So we won't take picks for him because they're lower then he's worth to us, but then we waive him and get nothing?

If we were going to waive him, then why didn't we just take the low offers? Now we look like (spelled: are) dumbasses

This FO, just wow

Doesn't bode well for the future. Now the execs are lumping themselves in with the 4th Qtr collapses in terms of being a league laughingstock. I was kind of meh on McKay being kept but now I really want him punted.

Def of Tacky (Takky)

TOP DEFINITION

Vulgar, of bad taste, loud, flashy, stupid and ugly. Bogans and female chavs often display outrageous tackiness without an ounce of shame. A vestimentary choice that says "I'm an ignorant, tasteless idiot and I'm pretty proud of it, thank you very much". A way to show your economic and intellectual poverty by dressing up in a way that immediately grabs attention, but also stabs you in both the retinas. A tacky person not only obviously lacks taste (and doesn't give a fù*$) but also really, really stands out in a crowd, and not in a good way. Someone who is very bad at basic fashion and has a totally delusional innate sense of self worth.
"David was so embarrassed when his tacky, drunken girlfriend started insulting the barman because he picked up and gave her back the panties she voluntarily dropped while obviously hitting on him that he is now is a monastery in the south of Italy, care
1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This tells me something happened behind the scenes yesterday or today.   Our FO is comprised of successful businessmen, not dolts

Folks on this board act like it’s madden and anybody can run an organization. It’s a basic principle of management, you cut out the cancer in your organization. Sometimes no matter the opportunity cost 

There's no 'good' version of this.

Worst-case scenario, Falcons got played by a malcontent 1st round draft pick and won't get any compensation. 

Best-case scenario, Falcons struck out (again) on a 1st round draft pick expected to help the pass rush.

Either way, the Falcons made a terrible decision with their 1st round pick. Impossible to be a great franchise when you stink at evaluating talent in the most talent-rich round of the draft.

1 minute ago, Falconcheff said:

This is a fairly standard take about every cut/trade/released Falcon player...and I have yet to see it truly materialize...

Agree. If it didn't happen with Beasley, it's extremely difficult to see it happening with Takk. Not impossible but not likely and who cares if he does anyway?

21 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not exactly the best thing to have on his resume. 

I mean the injuries and twitter rants are great! /s :lol:

It's bad management by the team. Most reports say the Falcons were offered something. Him claiming a 2nd was always hog wash.

The Falcons were going to let him walk and try to get more than what may have been offered; assuming he could pass a physical...

It's never optimal asset management to let a player go that was going to walk for possible comp formula because you couldn't trade them; whether they chose not to (too low compensation so "couldn't" ) or circumstances (like injury) dictating being able to are different.

We don't really have all the facts.

Takk complained and wanted out. He gets what he wants. If no team claims him? We have to pay him his salary anyway.

47 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Dude...please. TD never fou da pass rusher in 13 yrs. Did you work for him🤫

Nope wish i did though because i've called some good picks in my mocks that we actually drafted :D  The year we took Debo and Neal i had both of them in my personal mock to us although i had them rounds 2 and 3 and we took them a round earlier.   I also was dead set against drafting Jamaal Anderson i couldn't stand him as a prospect and said i wouldn't take him in the 1st 4 to 5 rounds yet we took him at pick 8 which i was furious about.   No one can sit there and say they would have done perfect either as im 1000% sure you me and everyone else here has loved players coming out in round 1 or 2 that were complete trash in the nfl. 

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

Even if he could pass a physical (and I agree this is the most likely reason they didn't trade him), I could see the FO saying "no, for a 6th we'll keep him and let him hit FA next season.

And then Takk surprised everyone by calling them clowns on social media and was not remorseful when called on it.  So they cut him to get rid of the locker room cancer.

I'm not mad about it.  He needed to be gone.  He isn't in the team's future plans.  Better for him and us to ship him out now.

Maybe. We get nothing back for a likely regime that isn't even going to be here next year though.

I could understand if this was a clear playoff bound team with a random dude wanting out. We may not even be off the hook for his salary.

54 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Kevin Knight sounds like a loser in life if this is how he lives it...sometimes you gotta grab respect from the bully even if it means getting punched in the mouth while doing it.  Kevin sounds like the kind of guy that gives his lunch money away to the bully's lackey...

The Falcons gave Takk what he wanted. Guess the bully got paid?

He wanted freedom from Atlanta now. He got it. TBD if he signs with a team for a playoff run. It's possible. "trade me" = "let me go"

In this situation...he didn't even care where. So no, it's wrong to say he didn't get what he wanted.

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

If he passes through waivers tomorrow, than I have to question if there was any serious trade interest. We will see. 

I'd wait and see further than that. Now that he's been waived, there very little reason for a team to take on that guaranteed salary. They can choose to wait and sign him to a smaller contract where they can cut him whenever they want

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I'd wait and see further than that. Now that he's been waived, there very little reason for a team to take on that guaranteed salary. They can choose to wait and sign him to a smaller contract where they can cut him whenever they want

It's nuanced. More teams may be willing to sign him to their own contract. A team wanting rights and now not having to give a draft pick? Sure, the may jump though to get first dibs.

21 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Lol at all you guys saying he punked us on social media and we gave him what he wanted. Raheem made him inactive this past game (I know he was still dealing with an ‘injury’) and I bet dollars to donuts he started acting a fool again and we just said f it and cut him. Dude is a cancer, good riddance 

Normally with you bro but in this circumstance Takk 1 ) got what he wanted which is not being here and 2 ) will get his entire paycheck for not being here while 3 ) the Falcons got nothing in return.

It's a bad business decision, no way around it.  They got offers for him, they turned them down.  They knew he wanted out, he's been chirping for years.  If they had willing parties to send a pick in return, even if it was a low round pick, and they turned them down only to cut him?  Dumb.  For all the drama, he is 25, a former first round pick, and has some success while working with nothing opposite him...some team will pay him, so we would have gotten a comp pick in return but again, we got nothing in return.

I agree on the good riddance part, but if we are grading this like we grade trades...Takk won...Takk won big.