Ouch. Really all he had to do was be quiet for 7 more games then he could talk all he wanted about free agency. Instead his value is taking a major hit and will have stigma bad for the locker room attached to him. Hope he invested wisely because he will be lucky to get vet minimum next season 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every we

I wouldn’t have waived him. I would have place him inactive for every game for the rest of the season. Just an utter failure by the Front Office 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I have to believe he wasn't healthy enough to be traded something has to be up there. 

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah I heard that mentioned on NFLN. That if traded, he probably wasnt going to pass a physical nullifying any trade.

Takk could be damaged goods due to medicals.

Falcons might have wanted him gone but medically couldn't trade, so they released him.

26 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every week and then maybe you get a comp pick. You just gave him what he wanted and you got nothing in return! 

YES WE DID!  We got the culture of, "You don't want to be here? Get outta here" back into the organization.  Getting cut is much more of a personal middle finger than getting traded... Props to everyone, especially Raheem, for bouncing some big balls off his chin...

Trading him is what he really wanted, cutting him is an insult, and worth passing on a sixth rounder in 2022 to do it...

Just now, Snafu said:

We over-thought that pick so bad.

I had high hopes for Takk, but I think it was pretty obvious  (even on draft day) that TJ should have probably been the pick if we wanted a pass rusher.

You know im honestly not mad at the pick of Takk nor Beasley.  They were both the guys i wanted at DE in each of their drafts over other players.  So i got exactly what i wanted and im not gonna be a liar and say otherwise.   I watched alot of tape on both of them in college as the draft is my favorite time of the year and my favorite thing about football.  Sometimes it doesn't work out but i personally still think TD wasn't wrong for picking them at the time he did it and who's to say if we took Watt or any other DE they get here and suck under Quinn and his Scheme as well and were trashing on them then. 

Even if he could pass a physical (and I agree this is the most likely reason they didn't trade him), I could see the FO saying "no, for a 6th we'll keep him and let him hit FA next season.

And then Takk surprised everyone by calling them clowns on social media and was not remorseful when called on it.  So they cut him to get rid of the locker room cancer.

I'm not mad about it.  He needed to be gone.  He isn't in the team's future plans.  Better for him and us to ship him out now.

21 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Taking a 7th is smarter than taking nothing

Not really, not in this situation.  A seventh rounder is just as easily found in UDFA...but this organization needs to begin to rebuild respect, and cutting a guy is more of an "FU" to a disgruntled player than trading him to another team for peanuts...

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Even if he could pass a physical (and I agree this is the most likely reason they didn't trade him), I could see the FO saying "no, for a 6th we'll keep him and let him hit FA next season.

And then Takk surprised everyone by calling them clowns on social media and was not remorseful when called on it.  So they cut him to get rid of the locker room cancer.

I'm not mad about it.  He needed to be gone.  He isn't in the team's future plans.  Better for him and us to ship him out now.

If I had to guess, this is probably exactly how it went down.

He didnt start showing his *** until the trade deadline ended. Only way to get rid of him after that was to cut him. I guess they could have just put him on IR and told him not to bother even reporting for any team events.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Took the words right outta my mouth

23 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

That someone can be a cancer and get their release if they just want out? Not a good standard.

What's the difference between being a cancer and getting traded?  Unless you're getting traded to the Jets, the player gets a BIG WIN if he ends up whining and getting his way getting traded to another team...

14 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

You know im honestly not mad at the pick of Takk nor Beasley.  They were both the guys i wanted at DE in each of their drafts over other players.  So i got exactly what i wanted and im not gonna be a liar and say otherwise.   I watched alot of tape on both of them in college as the draft is my favorite time of the year and my favorite thing about football.  Sometimes it doesn't work out but i personally still think TD wasn't wrong for picking them at the time he did it and who's to say if we took Watt or any other DE they get here and suck under Quinn and his Scheme as well and were trashing on them then. 

Dude...please. TD never fou da pass rusher in 13 yrs. Did you work for him🤫

43 minutes ago, shc said:

Does this affect compensatory picks?  

Comp picks are given to teams for losing contract expired players.  We won't get one now.

Even if the Falcons waited until the end of the season, chances are we would not have gotten a comp pick then either....signing other teams' comp-pick eligible players would count against us.

Best thing to do was to trade Takk... but that ship has sailed.

17 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Ouch. Really all he had to do was be quiet for 7 more games then he could talk all he wanted about free agency. Instead his value is taking a major hit and will have stigma bad for the locker room attached to him. Hope he invested wisely because he will be lucky to get vet minimum next season 

When a former 1st round pick on a 3-6 team that can’t hold leads is told “we’re better off without you”, he’d better not plan on an eight-figure contract

20 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Kevin Knight sounds like a loser in life if this is how he lives it...sometimes you gotta grab respect from the bully even if it means getting punched in the mouth while doing it.  Kevin sounds like the kind of guy that gives his lunch money away to the bully's lackey...