Falcons Waived Takk

AUTiger7222

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I wouldn’t have waived him. I would have place him inactive for every game for the rest of the season. Just an utter failure by the Front Office 

Maybe they thought he was too much of a distraction in the locker room? Not like he was gonna get a good enough contract from someone to get anything more than a 6th or 7th comp pick.

2 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every week and then maybe you get a comp pick. You just gave him what he wanted and you got nothing in return! 

I don't trust Takk as the source that the Falcons were offered a 2nd for him. Don't have any reason to trust and believe anything he says.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

Maybe they thought he was too much of a distraction in the locker room? Not like he was gonna get a good enough contract from someone to get anything more than a 6th or 7th comp pick.

Might be right. I would have suspended him for the rest of the season for conduct detrimental if you didn’t want him in the locker room. But the union probably would have stepped in.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

So we won't take picks for him because they're lower then he's worth to us, but then we waive him and get nothing?

If we were going to waive him, then why didn't we just take the low offers? Now we look like (spelled: are) dumbasses

This FO, just wow

I don't think there were really (decent) offers. And if there were, Takk's a big baby who deserved to get waived regardless. Hope he ends up with the Jets.

I’m glad he’s gone.

i refuse to believe anyone offered anymore than a 6th for a very injury prone, unproductive end with an attitude and half a season on his contract.

yes In hindsight we should have accepted any offer we got, but he’s contributed so little and I’m just glad to have him gone

Just now, hjerry said:

Taking a 7th is smarter than taking nothing

Well, yeah, but who says we got any other offers after he spouted off on Twitter? I feel safe saying there weren't any plans to cut him until that happened. Saying we should have taken the trades instead of nothing is pretty much hindsight bias at that point.