• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every we

I wouldn’t have waived him. I would have place him inactive for every game for the rest of the season. Just an utter failure by the Front Office 

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Nah bro fake news. Real story is no offers but also offers...but we didn’t actually turn any down we couldn’t get him to pass a physical. Source: me

:ninja:

Comp pick wasn’t likely but you have no chance of having any return if cut. People are talking about the wrong thing wrt that anyway. If you weren’t going to keep him why not trade?

It was a bad situation either way.

Best scenario now is he is claimed on waivers to take his salary off us. That would be something back!

I doubt anyone would claim him. He is hurt and he doesn’t produce. So we’re out a potential comp pick; or a possible trade pick. Not to mention the salary cap we’re on the hook for. The bigger issue is the mentality of leaving a toxic person inside your locker room for that long. I doubt that this just came up within the last few weeks. 

8 hours ago, BLM said:

Are the falcons the new browns now?  Bad team, drama all the time, no one wants to be here, bad FO moves.  I mean 0 picks in return!

Seriously?  One guy tweets, gets booted and you think it is drama?

Come on, man.  This team is poorly coached, but not a calamity.

The kid has a bad reputation for being mentally unstable.....Do you remember last year?  He considered harming himself.  He has mental health issues. I hope he gets help and can make a good life for himself.

As for the team,  they cut their losses and moved on.  There were no trades to be had.

13 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I was banging the drum hard for Watt but was told he wouldn't be a good fit for our scheme.

Pro Bowl (2018, 2019) First-team All-Pro (2019) His 34.5 career sacks are the most by a linebacker over his first 47 career regular-season games since Denver's Von Miller (44.0, 2011-14).

/smh

Dimitroff was really a horrible GM. He couldn't draft defense if his life depended on it. I was just thinking the other day, when was the last time we had a dominant pass rusher? We had Abraham and Kerney and then one year where Vic Beasley got half his sacks unblocked and that was it. It's been a total failure the last eight years.

20 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I was banging the drum hard for Watt but was told he wouldn't be a good fit for our scheme.

Pro Bowl (2018, 2019) First-team All-Pro (2019) His 34.5 career sacks are the most by a linebacker over his first 47 career regular-season games since Denver's Von Miller (44.0, 2011-14).

/smh

Playing the what if game works both ways.

There is zero guarantee that he would have done the same thing here.

Different coaches... different schemes.

Pittsburgh is similar to the Pats in that the players that excell for them do not always..... actually usually do not excel for other teams.

The number of linebackers who were great in pittsburgh and then went somewhere else and kept that same level of play can be counted on one hand.

35 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

/smh

Hindsight and all... but yea I wanted baby Watt too. 

18 hours ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every week and then maybe you get a comp pick. You just gave him what he wanted and you got nothing in return! 

I think the Falcons handled this exactly how they should have. The biggest frustration fans had about TD and DQ was their willingness to give “their guys” 3rd, 4th, and 5th chances. Cutting bait now instead of stashing him for a MAYBE 6th round comp pick sends a clear message to everyone on this team.  No more golden gooses. 

As a number of others have also pointed out, a new GM and head coach are more than likely going to turn over the roster a fair bit more, so I don’t realistically see us getting comp picks next year, or at the very least not for a player like Takk. 

At the end of the day he’s a human being who clearly has some issues. Hope he gets the help he needs

3 hours ago, etherdome said:

The kid has a bad reputation for being mentally unstable.....Do you remember last year?  He considered harming himself.  He has mental health issues. I hope he gets help and can make a good life for himself.

I'm not typically in the business of rumors, but word was that he had a little salvia trip and went crazy for a minute and then came back down.  If anyone here has ever used the drug, sounds about right based on the small amount of details that came out from the incident.

7 minutes ago, Dr_truth189 said:

I'm not typically in the business of rumors, but word was that he had a little salvia trip and went crazy for a minute and then came back down.  If anyone here has ever used the drug, sounds about right based on the small amount of details that came out from the incident.

Not familiar with that drug.  Still, the kid has had issues

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Playing the what if game works both ways.

There is zero guarantee that he would have done the same thing here.

Different coaches... different schemes.

Pittsburgh is similar to the Pats in that the players that excell for them do not always..... actually usually do not excel for other teams.

The number of linebackers who were great in pittsburgh and then went somewhere else and kept that same level of play can be counted on one hand.

Watt may not have been 100% as good in Atlanta as in Pittsburgh, but he is still really good and would have been good here. He is at least as good an athlete as McKinley and produced big time results in college at an earlier age than McKinley. He's also been very healthy whiuch is one of McKinley's biggest problems. 

3 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Watt may not have been 100% as good in Atlanta as in Pittsburgh, but he is still really good and would have been good here. He is at least as good an athlete as McKinley and produced big time results in college at an earlier age than McKinley. He's also been very healthy whiuch is one of McKinley's biggest problems. 

Maybe ..maybe not.

There were also big time injury concerns about Watt coming out of the draft....there is a reason he fell to what 27th?

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Maybe ..maybe not.

There were also big time injury concerns about Watt coming out of the draft....there is a reason he fell to what 27th?

He did have an injury early in his college career but I don't think it was a concern. He got drafted where he did because he had only been playing defense for two seasons and only actually did something for one season. 

And while JJ Watt got drafted really high despite slim production, he had elite size to go with his elite athleticism. TJ has pretty average size for his borderline elite athleticism. 

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Dimitroff was really a horrible GM. He couldn't draft defense if his life depended on it. I was just thinking the other day, when was the last time we had a dominant pass rusher? We had Abraham and Kerney and then one year where Vic Beasley got half his sacks unblocked and that was it. It's been a total failure the last eight years.

TD absolutely sucked when it came to Dline. I don't even remember him drafting a semi sucessful DE outside maybe Kroy Biermann. However he did stack the roster with Oloukin, Debo, and Jarrett. 

3 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

TD absolutely sucked when it came to Dline. I don't even remember him drafting a semi sucessful DE outside maybe Kroy Biermann. However he did stack the roster with Oloukin, Debo, and Jarrett. 

Jarrett and Foye were late round flyer guys though. Kudos for him drafting them but you gotta hit on those high picks to give yourself a chance. Debo was a great pick. He never had an issue drafting DBs, it's the front seven picks that killed us. Even before him though, Peria Jerry, Jamaal Anderson, maybe it's the scouting department as well that's rotten to the core but we can't draft D-linemen to save ours lives it seems.

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Dimitroff was really a horrible GM. He couldn't draft defense if his life depended on it. 

LOL

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Jarrett and Foye were late round flyer guys though. 

To reasonably objective folks that’s way more impressive than getting it right on the consensus 1st rounders. 

4 hours ago, Xfactor said:

/smh

Yeah, you were the only one.  Maybe we should create a trophy for you, or give you a medal...

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

To reasonable, objective folks, that’s more impressive than the consensus 1st round hits. 

The kind of players that they passed up at those first round spots, at the same position doesn't impress me. Rather the opposite. It shows a severe lack of talent evaluation. There's a reason Jarrett and Foye went in the late rounds, otherwise 31 other teams would have been falling over themselves to draft them five rounds earlier.

Dimitroff isn't here for a simple reason. He was a complete and total failure as a drafter and the record indicates that. The defense has been garbage his entire tenure and he's spent high pick after high pick on it and it's gone nowhere. A super bowl collapse because of a horrific defensive failure in the second half, and now this year a historically bad pass defense again due to a lack of pass rush and mediocre secondary.

The offense has always been superb as far as I'm concerned. The defense, an abomination.

Edited by Rampage