While I would have loved to have gotten a Comp pick for him, you never know what he was really like in the locker room. He may have been a total cancer on the team. I never saw him sitting with teammates on the bench. He was always alone. 

With that being said, he will almost certainly sign with someone. If Antonio Brown can get as many chances as he has, Takk will get at least one opportunity with another team 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every we

I wouldn’t have waived him. I would have place him inactive for every game for the rest of the season. Just an utter failure by the Front Office 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Honestly not really unless you expected another team to sign him in FA for a big descent sized contract.  If he were to get something like 5+ million a year from his next team then yes we could have gotten something back from him like a 6th to 7th.  Although that only makes a difference if we don't sign anyone in FA.  I feel with a new GM and new HC their is going to be alot of turnover and new players added in.  Maybe not high priced FA's although were good for 1 a year like that so probably still 1 atleast.  But if we sign more than say 3 to 4 FA for the new GM and HC then we wouldn't get any comp picks anyways with or without Takk being a FA if we let him ride the rest of the year.   If we were to not sign anyone in FA then if Takk signed elsewhere for say 5 mil we might get a 5th rounder to 7th rounder.   It's really a balance thing where for every FA you sign you lose a comp pick of equal contract and value of 1 of the guys you lost. 

Yeah agreed.  There is no way in the world we would have gotten any compensatory pick for him.  He may be lucky to sign a one year, low value deal, but that won't be worth anything.  Maybe, and that is a big Maybe, we would have gotten a 7th for him, but do you really want that azzhat on the team for a 7th.

7 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This is just a stupid statement.  Comp pick??  Really, does this dude even understand that you don't just get a pick because we trade him.  To even be considered for a comp pick you have to 1. Lose more value than you gain from FA.  So, trading players does squat for Comp picks.  You have to lose them from free agency.  2. Compensatory picks are determined by the value of the contract signed minus the free agents playing time and post season awards.  Let's see, Takk has no awards and was mostly injured.  Really think we are getting anything?  3. If say Takk was to eek out a 7th round pick, if we take any free agents of equal value to the round we pick him up, we loose that pick.  Compensatory free agents gained cancel a Compensatory free agent lost.

Bottom line, there is about a 99.9999% chance we would have gotten anything for Takk if we kept him and let him walk at the end of the year.  And you don't get compensatory picks for traded players, so really the question is, is he worth being on the team for a "possible pick".  And, if we benched him, his value drops since playing time goes into the equation.

7 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I wouldn’t have waived him. I would have place him inactive for every game for the rest of the season. Just an utter failure by the Front Office 

Ehh, disagree.  The equation takes performance, post season awards and playing time into the formula for assigning compensatory picks.  Takk has no post season awards and his performance was below average.  The only thing that would have brought up his value is playing time, but guess how many snaps out of possible snaps he has taken?  It's well under 50%.  Benching him would have lowered that number.

Takk was worthless for a trade or compensatory pick.  He has no value.  Cutting him was the best thing we could have done.

8 hours ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Rich McKay is a moron. Now we get nothing for him. My god. Didn’t like the offers you got so keep him. He ****** and moans and you fine him then cut him? Stick him on IR or leave him inactive every week and then maybe you get a comp pick. You just gave him what he wanted and you got nothing in return! 

Why is he still here? smh

12 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Honestly, I don't understand this if there was a chance for a comp pick. There must be more to the story. Maybe he just went off on RM and/or R. McKay, and R. McKay just said, "pack your bags, the possible pick is not worth your ********."

You mean we don’t know everything. Does that mean everyone is just speculating? 

7 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

While I would have loved to have gotten a Comp pick for him, you never know what he was really like in the locker room. He may have been a total cancer on the team. I never saw him sitting with teammates on the bench. He was always alone. 

With that being said, he will almost certainly sign with someone. If Antonio Brown can get as many chances as he has, Takk will get at least one opportunity with another team 

AB keeps getting signed because he was arguably the best WR in the NFL. Takk is JAG, and an injury prone JAG too. You gotta be a baller for people to deal with your sh#t for long. Takk may get 1 more shot, but it will be a prove it deal.

Comp pick doesn't even factor into the equation if they plan on having a big off-season with acquisitions. The problem is cutting him for nothing, when they should have taken a 7th rounder and sent him to the likes of Jacksonville or Detroit. I'm sure he'd love playing for those two "coaches." Instead he made our organization look foolish.

13 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

So we could have had picks for this guy but instead just release him?

A43B275F-CAED-4ACF-B313-B5CB53B6EA14.jpeg.691b2bd0886e406d0561d9efdbf6e7fb.jpeg

Nah bro fake news. Real story is no offers but also offers...but we didn’t actually turn any down we couldn’t get him to pass a physical. Source: me

:ninja:

Comp pick wasn’t likely but you have no chance of having any return if cut. People are talking about the wrong thing wrt that anyway. If you weren’t going to keep him why not trade?

It was a bad situation either way.

Best scenario now is he is claimed on waivers to take his salary off us. That would be something back!