PFF grades and notes 11/9

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keith Smith at 93.7 I'll eat a shoe before I ever believe that.

cominsky couldve had 2 sacks in critical moments (4th Q) but he was held and it wasnt called. I like what I saw from him

Hurst has broken his silence.  Love it    

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Small sample size but I have to wonder what Morris would do if he was playing with his own coaching staff (specifically Offensive coordinator) and his own players. This is still really DQs coaching staff and players. 

Good question. If we make it to 9+ wins and the playoffs somehow, we might get to find out. :tiphat: 
*Disclaimer, not expecting it. Expecting close to .500 rather than over it. Wish we didn’t blow those 3 games...

Man I was not into the idea of Morris as head coach when he first took over, but you cannot ignore how strong of a case he's making for himself. It's clear that he has more concrete philosophies and is willing to enforce them. I'm really enjoying the consistency he's brought back to this team.

If he takes us to a winning record after digging us out of the hole the DQ got us in then he becomes the top HC candidate for us in my opinion.

Edit: I read this wrong. Ryan is 12th in combined EPA + CPOE. His EPA is still stronger than CPOE; the former more indicative of QB driven play than the latter which is more system driven.

This is without an effective run game and a poor stretch of play weeks 3-5.

EmZnE2CW8AAEfLQ?format=jpg&name=large

Chart contrasts PFF grading vs composite of EPA + CPOE.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
3 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Man I was not into the idea of Morris as head coach when he first took over, but you cannot ignore how strong of a case he's making for himself. It's clear that he has more concrete philosophies and is willing to enforce them. I'm really enjoying the consistency he's brought back to this team.

If he takes us to a winning record after digging us out of the hole the DQ got us in then he becomes the top HC candidate for us in my opinion.

We pump the brakes here.

Oh, he definitely will be tested more than he has been so far. A QB like Stafford made us pay for not kneeling vs DET. We face much better QBs than 2020 form of Cousins, Teddy B, and Lock in the new 7 games.

4x vs Brees & Brady

Carr

Herbert

Mahomes

15 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We pump the brakes here.

Oh, he definitely will be tested more than he has been so far. A QB like Stafford made us pay for not kneeling vs DET. We face much better QBs than 2020 form of Cousins, Teddy B, and Lock in the new 7 games.

4x vs Brees & Brady

Carr

Herbert

Mahomes

Right. The teams Morris has faced have been teams mostly in a rebuild or a downward spiral. It's honestly been a nice little transitional schedule for Raheem. If he can handle teams like the Bucs, Saints, and Chiefs, what more of a showing could you ask for from a potential head coach? You have to admit he will be worth taking seriously as a candidate if we come out with a winning record.

Personally, I think that's gonna be really hard to achieve with this team that can't run the ball at all to close out games. 

4 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I want to see more of Ollison and less of hill myself, but not liking Hill is definitely NOT a popular opinion around here

I’d like more of Ollison as well, but mainly just short yardage situations. I think Hill should get more running opportunities, he runs with the most burst out of our RBs. None of them would do well anyway though with Koetter as our OC. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’d like more of Ollison as well, but mainly just short yardage situations. I think Hill should get more running opportunities, he runs with the most burst out of our RBs. None of them would do well anyway though with Koetter as our OC. 

I've honestly just never been all that impressed with Hill, but you are right he does seem to have more burst.

I believe Ollison has the better hands if they want to pass to him though

2 hours ago, Drvillain said:

cominsky couldve had 2 sacks in critical moments (4th Q) but he was held and it wasnt called. I like what I saw from him

There were some blatant holds that did not get called. When you tackle a guy from behind, those calls are made 90% of the time. Not sure what the head ref was looking at.

44 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We pump the brakes here.

4x vs Brees & Brady

Carr

Herbert

Mahomes

Yeah, I agree. But winning in the NFL is still hard to do. It is not college football where there are massive gaps in talent. For the most part, any team can beat you with the exception of the Jets. This was something that Mike Smith was great at. He always seemed to win the games that he should have.

This next stretch of games will show us where we currently stand. I am actually excited to see how we stack up. We have the talent to play with most teams in the NFL.

19 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

There were some blatant holds that did not get called. When you tackle a guy from behind, those calls are made 90% of the time. Not sure what the head ref was looking at.

the head ref was jerome bolger. He's said publicly a few years back how bad he hates the Falcons. 

I personally am not surprised those weren't called, and the blatant and obvious goof calls in the game are proof there should be some very close inspections done on this crew. Has anyone figured out yet what they were trying to say happened on the last play??? my SIL and I were just looking at each other laughing by that point

26 minutes ago, papachaz said:

the head ref was jerome bolger. He's said publicly a few years back how bad he hates the Falcons. 

I personally am not surprised those weren't called, and the blatant and obvious goof calls in the game are proof there should be some very close inspections done on this crew. Has anyone figured out yet what they were trying to say happened on the last play??? my SIL and I were just looking at each other laughing by that point

Wow... I just read he is from Atlanta as well. I guess that makes sense. When you are not as emotionally invested in a game, it is easier to watch a game and see where the officials really mess up. I just kept laughing at some of the holding calls missed.

When a defensive lineman beats his man and gets pulled down, those should be called every time. It is the easiest call to make in football.

1 hour ago, ATLskinjob said:

Let's hold our horses. This is easily the weakest part of our schedule by a mile. Let's see how we do after the bye. 

1 minute ago, pzummo said:

My only complaint about Zacceaus was his effort on that Matt Ryan interception.  It looked to me like he could've made a play on the ball, or at least played some defense on it.  Other than that, he looked great yesterday.

Ya, I feel Julio catches that, but can't hold him to that standard.