*** Official Falcons Vs Broncos In-Game Thread ***

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People still not giving this man his cred   

Brothers.  Matt is distributing the ball.  Depth guys are making plays.  I have tears in my eyes.

If Mahomes did that people would crap their pants for 5 days talking about it.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Dude. What game did you watch? We stopped running the clock!

Rofl.

And, after it should’ve been over a penalty stops the clock when we “finally” “committed” to running the ball...

They had no strategical way; without Falcon turnovers and incomplete passes, to have a SHOT to tie the game at any point after 34-13.

They did.

Coaching.

Sure...

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Facts? When I watch the games and I watch the defense I see #26 making more good plays than bad ones. I see #20 making more bad plays than good ones. I'm sorry that my OPINION isn't a FACT in your eyes. I am only telling what my EYES tell me. I don't know how you can call something a FACT when there are no STATS available to back up either of our opinions. What STAT backs up your opinion and makes it a FACT?

i see both making bad plays coverage wise oliver only tackles well which is not the most important thing you need for a CB. All they need to do is start Aj and wreh-wilson and let Aj travel against the #1 WR and let dennard guard the slot simple

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

6-3 easily.

Cowboys one recovery not even attempted...win given away.

16 point lead half way through 4th vs Bears; Gurley 6 yards per carry and almost 150 rushing as a team... kept throwing and gave away the win.

Just kneel and kick a FG to win vs Lions...scored a TD because we ran instead of kneeled...gave away a better win condition.

Basically:

If a decision is allowing more drives with time remaining for your defense to have to stop a score? It’s a bad decision.

But then again, if we had won the Bears and Cowboy games we’d have been 2-3 and Quinn would still be coaching so we may still he 3-6 with Quinn still here. Call it a wash

15 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Facts? When I watch the games and I watch the defense I see #26 making more good plays than bad ones. I see #20 making more bad plays than good ones. I'm sorry that my OPINION isn't a FACT in your eyes. I am only telling what my EYES tell me. I don't know how you can call something a FACT when there are no STATS available to back up either of our opinions. What STAT backs up your opinion and makes it a FACT?

First of all stop yelling. And when it comes to football there are still FACTS. Like technique, playing the ball, turning your head. Oliver has yet to show any of those on a consistent basis. And Sheff has. You mentioned last year. Perhaps your eyes are deceiving you because Oliver isn’t close to being the corner that Sheffield is. But maybe your OPINION suggests otherwise because my OPINION does🤷🏾‍♂️

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Not the playoff game. A fumble that was ruled down instead of letting it play out. Saints at Rams. A year or 2 ago. Last year? When brees was hurt I think.

Ohhh ok my bad. It depends on if it was a clear recovery by a team. That's the key. It has to be some sort of doubt that if the play wasn't blown dead that the other team could have recovered. 

Since Mariner was the only player on the ball I don't personally see how they could claim that but I could be wrong on that part I guess.

Just now, ATLFalcons11 said:

Ohhh ok my bad. It depends on if it was a clear recovery by a team. That's the key. It has to be some sort of doubt that if the play wasn't blown dead that the other team could have recovered. 

Since Mariner was the only player on the ball I don't personally see how they could claim that but I could be wrong on that part I guess.

Yeah I looked back. They reviewed the play and gave NO the ball, but since it was initially ruled down they negated a TD returned on the fumble recovery itself.

17 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Dude. What game did you watch? We stopped running the clock!

Rofl.

And, after it should’ve been over a penalty stops the clock when we “finally” “committed” to running the ball...

They had no strategical way; without Falcon turnovers and incomplete passes, to have a SHOT to tie the game at any point after 34-13.

They did.

Coaching.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220293

1st & 10 at GB 26

(3:38 - 4th) A.Jones right end to GB 30 for 4 yards (I.Oliver).

(3:33 - 4th) Timeout #1 by ATL at 03:33.

2nd & 6 at GB 30

(3:33 - 4th) A.Rodgers scrambles left end to GB 35 for 5 yards (K.Sheffield).

3rd & 1 at GB 35

(3:24 - 4th) A.Rodgers pass short left to R.Tonyan to ATL 45 for 20 yards (K.Sheffield).

(3:16 - 4th) Timeout #3 by ATL at 03:16.

1st & 10 at ATL 45

(3:16 - 4th) R.Wagner reported in as eligible. J.Williams left tackle to ATL 46 for -1 yards (S.Neasman, G.Jarrett).

2nd & 11 at ATL 46

(2:32 - 4th) J.Williams right tackle to ATL 44 for 2 yards (S.Means).

(2:00 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning

3rd & 9 at ATL 44

(2:00 - 4th) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep right to M.Valdes-Scantling. Penalty on GB-J.Sternberger, Illegal Block Above the Waist, declined.

4th & 9 at ATL 44

(1:53 - 4th) J.Scott punts 44 yards to end zone, Center-H.Bradley, Touchback. GB-J.Deguara was injured during the play.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220285

3:40 - 4th) M.Prater kicks 61 yards from DET 35 to NO 4. A.Kamara to NO 17 for 13 yards (M.Killebrew).PENALTY on DET-T.Walker, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at NO 17.

1st & 10 at NO 22

(3:29 - 4th) D.Brees pass short middle to M.Burton to NO 25 for 3 yards (J.Collins, J.Penisini).

(3:29 - 4th) Timeout #1 by DET at 03:29.

2nd & 7 at NO 25

(3:29 - 4th) A.Kamara up the middle to NO 27 for 2 yards (R.Ragland).

(3:29 - 4th) Timeout #2 by DET at 03:25.

3rd & 5 at NO 27

(3:25 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass deep left to T.Smith to NO 46 for 19 yards (J.Okudah) [R.Okwara].

You guys act like DK is the only one who would pass.....he isn't.

10 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220293

1st & 10 at GB 26

(3:38 - 4th) A.Jones right end to GB 30 for 4 yards (I.Oliver).

(3:33 - 4th) Timeout #1 by ATL at 03:33.

2nd & 6 at GB 30

(3:33 - 4th) A.Rodgers scrambles left end to GB 35 for 5 yards (K.Sheffield).

3rd & 1 at GB 35

(3:24 - 4th) A.Rodgers pass short left to R.Tonyan to ATL 45 for 20 yards (K.Sheffield).

(3:16 - 4th) Timeout #3 by ATL at 03:16.

1st & 10 at ATL 45

(3:16 - 4th) R.Wagner reported in as eligible. J.Williams left tackle to ATL 46 for -1 yards (S.Neasman, G.Jarrett).

2nd & 11 at ATL 46

(2:32 - 4th) J.Williams right tackle to ATL 44 for 2 yards (S.Means).

(2:00 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning

3rd & 9 at ATL 44

(2:00 - 4th) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep right to M.Valdes-Scantling. Penalty on GB-J.Sternberger, Illegal Block Above the Waist, declined.

4th & 9 at ATL 44

(1:53 - 4th) J.Scott punts 44 yards to end zone, Center-H.Bradley, Touchback. GB-J.Deguara was injured during the play.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220285

3:40 - 4th) M.Prater kicks 61 yards from DET 35 to NO 4. A.Kamara to NO 17 for 13 yards (M.Killebrew).PENALTY on DET-T.Walker, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at NO 17.

1st & 10 at NO 22

(3:29 - 4th) D.Brees pass short middle to M.Burton to NO 25 for 3 yards (J.Collins, J.Penisini).

(3:29 - 4th) Timeout #1 by DET at 03:29.

2nd & 7 at NO 25

(3:29 - 4th) A.Kamara up the middle to NO 27 for 2 yards (R.Ragland).

(3:29 - 4th) Timeout #2 by DET at 03:25.

3rd & 5 at NO 27

(3:25 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass deep left to T.Smith to NO 46 for 19 yards (J.Okudah) [R.Okwara].

You guys act like DK is the only one who would pass.....he isn't.

No one said never be aggressive.

Now give those teams the defense that allows THE most points to end halfs. That's the ENTIRE issue.

Context is the definition of situational football. We play expecting the worst defense in situational football to make stops. If our defense was consist at situational football you can hedge the risk.

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

No one said never be aggressive.

Now give those teams the defense that allows THE most points to end halfs. That's the ENTIRE issue.

Context is the definition of situational football. We play expecting the worst defense in situational football to make stops. If our defense was consist at situational football you can hedge the risk.

Saints have just as bad of secondary as do

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Saints have just as bad of secondary as do

They also have an offense that functions with the RB in the pass game and emphasizes YAC. Dirk doesn't have this and it's why the looks given were terribly easy to defend. And no, their defense is bad but not the worst. But at least they have ability to spread the ball around and generate YAC to keep clock moving. You need that if you either a) dont have a run game or b) decide to throw.