Kirby Smart is delusional!

6 minutes ago, GAbred said:

For the record, I somewhat agree that a more pro style offense should prepare you more. But I'm starting to come around to the fact that the league is changing. I mean, Gus has two QBs in the league. His offense is as simple as it comes if you ask me. You can knock the Haskins reference, but it's not like every Pro Style QB works out. My point, and one I think is important, is he was a QB drafted in the first round. That matters. Some preparation and development had to occur for that to become a reality. 

Hopefully, Daniels turns out to be that guy after next year. Or anyone else that is on the roster. 

The only thing changing about football in general is they're "sissyfying" it. Injuries will do that to a sport.

You sort of hit part of my point previously with the Gus reference though.. It goes a little deeper than just style of offense. It goes to a competition level as well. It's easier to see the good, when they're going up against competition consistently.. It shows maybe you have the duration to last a bit on that first contract.

As far as him getting drafted in the first round.. meh.. Ok.. I mean he's "busted" so far. Yea, it's early, but he never really impressed me. Has the Urban line ever produced a quality NFL QB? I'm asking because I seriously don't remember one.

As far as current QB room, who knows what JT looks like? I'd like to. I'd like to know what Beck can do, too. This season has felt like a wash anyways. Some starting early, some starting late, some playing more than others.. It's too random.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, I like a lot of you guys have trusted Kirby to make great decision for our squad! But every since that Fromm/Fields situation Kirby has missed his mark. Stop telling us JT is working with the sc

OP I’m with you!! What is the purpose of recruiting QB talent when you don’t play them or develop them!

Other than the don’t lie to the guy part, this is the worst recruiting take I’ve ever seen. 

6 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

The only thing changing about football in general is they're "sissyfying" it. Injuries will do that to a sport.

You sort of hit part of my point previously with the Gus reference though.. It goes a little deeper than just style of offense. It goes to a competition level as well. It's easier to see the good, when they're going up against competition consistently.. It shows maybe you have the duration to last a bit on that first contract.

As far as him getting drafted in the first round.. meh.. Ok.. I mean he's "busted" so far. Yea, it's early, but he never really impressed me. Has the Urban line ever produced a quality NFL QB? I'm asking because I seriously don't remember one.

As far as current QB room, who knows what JT looks like? I'd like to. I'd like to know what Beck can do, too. This season has felt like a wash anyways. Some starting early, some starting late, some playing more than others.. It's too random.

I think Alex Smith is one of his guys.

On 11/11/2020 at 4:28 PM, g-dawg said:

see this word "entitlement" associated w/ Justin Fields from naysayers.    Never heard once where Justin iterated he was entitled to the position nor starting.   However, Kirby made him an afterthought.  As to knowing the offense, he seemed to be a quick study at Ohio State (3rd in Heisman voting his first year as a true sophmore starter).

I want fields here but that came across entitled and Ohio state isn’t a difficult playbook

On 11/14/2020 at 7:45 PM, Redjack said:

Can’t imagine watching Jake Fromm just be handed the job over Jacob Eason and Justin Fields. 

Tough look for the homie Kirby.

To be fair Eason looked like ****, Fromm came in and won his first official start as a TF at ND. The rest is history. The JF thing was definitely a mismanagement though 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 2:12 PM, Bdawg58 said:

Kirby didn’t make the decision to have Fields leave, Fields did (not getting into why he didn’t play more because it’s been discussed). Did he make the right call with Fromm over Eason? I believe so. So enlighten me on which QB decisions he made that were so bad

Personally I think the LSU game was the game that Kriby lost Fields. Fromm was stinking up the joint and when they brought Fields into the game it was a spark for the offense. With Fields leading the drive most of the way, UGA drove down to score a TD because they (LSU) had to respect the one aspect Fromm rarely did. Fields would run and run effectively! Now after the team scored that TD Fields didn't get back on the field the rest of the game. Now unlike Kirby, Saban pulled the trigger during a National Championship game to replace the starter and ended up winning the game! 

On 11/11/2020 at 3:14 PM, Bdawg58 said:

The reason there was no plan was because a certain QB didn’t know the offense. The only reason Fields got in the game was because Kirby wanted him to succeed and take over. Even Kirby can’t make a player not come in feeling entitled to a starting position. 

Well, apparently he wasn't included in something because he lead Ohio St in a BRAND NEW SCHEME to an undefeated season with brand new backs and receivers! So looks like Kirby was wrong again

On 11/11/2020 at 4:07 PM, UAB_DAWG said:

I haven’t seen one single person question Fields physical abilities. 

As I’ve said many times before, I wish Fields would have stuck it out with UGA. This team has moved on and so has everybody else but you and the OSU troll. 

Personally I’m glad we have a break this week and hope this team takes the opportunity to get healthy and better. I’m excited that JT is finally healthy enough to be a factor because we’re in desperate need of a turnaround on offense. 

Well we could have moved on if they had a CREDIBLE QB which should have been fields!!! Maybe we would have still been in the NATTY chase instead of playing for the Peach Bowl

On 11/11/2020 at 5:12 PM, Porter Osborne Jr said:

That’s cool and all but fan expectations have very how programs run.  You can expect Bama to win but it has little effect on whether a coach does or not or gets fired.

What high level qb would cone to UGA following Fromm and Fields?  Fields put us in a bad spot by leaving right before the dead period.  By then we were lucky to land Mathis and Stet.

Can't put that bad spot on Fields! Fromm had one more year of eligibility and could have stayed for his Senior year instead he is in the NFL riding the bench trying to recover from some Tweets. Kirby showed Fields he had no shot during the LSU game. Only to see Fields lead OSU to an undefeated season and in the playoffs and we got punted out the SEC championship game with no playoffs! That was the squarely on the HC

On 11/13/2020 at 7:17 AM, Ovie_Lover said:

I want fields here but that came across entitled and Ohio state isn’t a difficult playbook

You know I am so tired of people talking about he came off entitled! The guy did what was asked of him. If you come in and compete then you should see some playing time. Well they guy did that and recruited  others to UGA because that's what he believed. How about the guy came off as a demanding QB that wants to be a winner because that is what he is!

On 11/14/2020 at 9:35 PM, Redjack said:

Ah ****, did I wake up in the other reality where we lost to Justin Fields last week again?

How about this one. If we had won the SEC Championship, I think the committee would have put UGA on a collision course with OSU! That was a nightmare for Kirby that almost came true!

1 hour ago, TX Falcon said:

Well, apparently he wasn't included in something because he lead Ohio St in a BRAND NEW SCHEME to an undefeated season with brand new backs and receivers! So looks like Kirby was wrong again

I will say it one last time.. Fields is a smart talented kid and can run nearly any offense BUT he came into UGA thinking he was going to just be handed the starting job. That’s simply not how it works at UGA and especially not how it works when you have a returning starter that just lead you to a National Championship game and that plays the same position. Yes, Fields was better talent than Fromm but Fromm out worked him that year and that means something 

2 hours ago, TX Falcon said:

Can't put that bad spot on Fields! Fromm had one more year of eligibility and could have stayed for his Senior year instead he is in the NFL riding the bench trying to recover from some Tweets. Kirby showed Fields he had no shot during the LSU game. Only to see Fields lead OSU to an undefeated season and in the playoffs and we got punted out the SEC championship game with no playoffs! That was the squarely on the HC

I most certainly can and do put that on him.  He left right before the dead period which made it nearly impossible to sign another quality qb