Jump to content

Kirby Smart is delusional!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, I like a lot of you guys have trusted Kirby to make great decision for our squad! But every since that Fromm/Fields situation Kirby has missed his mark. Stop telling us JT is working with the sc

OP I’m with you!! What is the purpose of recruiting QB talent when you don’t play them or develop them!

Other than the don’t lie to the guy part, this is the worst recruiting take I’ve ever seen. 

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fields was playing well.  Tired of all this “no one questioning his physical abilities BS”.  Fields played well when he got his opportunity his Freshman year.  He protected the ball and completed a very high percentage of his passes - 70%.  From reports I have read - a lot of the same ones you guys read, there were many on the team that felt Fields should have been playing more and some even thought he should be starting.

He was handled poorly by Kirby and staff.  I love Kirby and UGA staff and program as much as you guys but there is no crime on admitting Kirby F’d this up - because he did.    I am not being stubborn - you guys that still don’t want to admit what is OBVIOUS - are the ones in denial.

 

Fields is a great qb with all the skills to win a championship. Did he have great stats, yes. Again, nobody is arguing with you over this so why do you keep bringing it up? I think if Fields had chosen to stick it out at UGA instead of leaving his team, we'd be competing for a NC this year. He didn't get more opportunities because he hadn't learned the entire playbook and in that respect he wasn't ready to lead a team that was competing for a NC. I think Fields let his ego get in the way and thought he knew better than the coaches. His attitude was well documented at UGA and at Harrison. And once again, I really don't care at this point. He's no longer on the team by his own choice and so I have moved on. So has the team and most everybody else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 95Dawg said:

Heck this is beyond a dog or horse.  We've entered the cow phase with this thread

BruisedFaroffKookaburra-size_restricted.

the way you kill this dead cow is for UGA to have a competant QB.    Fromm sucked *** in 2019 and we are starting garbage in 2020.    The reason it won't die is due to the lack of even competant QB play.    Not only did UGA fans miss out on a true star at QB and the best QB since Stafford - but we cannot even get below average play at the position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

the way you kill this dead cow is for UGA to have a competant QB.    Fromm sucked *** in 2019 and we are starting garbage in 2020.    The reason it won't die is due to the lack of even competant QB play.    Not only did UGA fans miss out on a true star at QB and the best QB since Stafford - but we cannot even get below average play at the position.

I agree with all this. Our QB play has been hot garbage and it needs to get better. There’s plenty of reasons for why we are at this point but at the end of the day we need to get better. 🍻
 

Here’s to hoping JT can step up and play this year. I’m truly disappointed we haven’t had a chance to see Monken’s offense the way he wants to run it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I agree with all this. Our QB play has been hot garbage and it needs to get better. There’s plenty of reasons for why we are at this point but at the end of the day we need to get better. 🍻
 

Here’s to hoping JT can step up and play this year. I’m truly disappointed we haven’t had a chance to see Monken’s offense the way he wants to run it. 

As much as I love Justin Fields and am a personal supporter of him and his family - I was mostly over the departure and understood why he left.   As much as I am NOT a fan of Ohio State, I root for the best for he and his play.

As to my alma mater(UGA) It's just amazing how much Fromm went to sheot last year, how he left when no one thought he was ready for the NFL and how there was no one even competant to fill in.    UGA has been a sheot show at the QB position since the day Fields left.    Seems truly unbelievable how bad it has gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

As much as I love Justin Fields and am a personal supporter of him and his family - I was mostly over the departure and understood why he left.   As much as I am NOT a fan of Ohio State, I root for the best for he and his play.

As to my alma mater(UGA) It's just amazing how much Fromm went to sheot last year, how he left when no one thought he was ready for the NFL and how there was no one even competant to fill in.    UGA has been a sheot show at the QB position since the day Fields left.    Seems truly unbelievable how bad it has gone.

It's been almost comical how the qb situation has played out over the last few years. UGA can't seem to catch a break. Daniels has the skill set to get us back to competing if he can get healthy and win over this team. Hopefully someone can step up for us this year because its been gut wrenching to watch the qb play lately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

What’s lost in all this is the understanding that it’s a new OC with a completely different philosophy. We weren’t going to be able to just flip the switch and go from ground and pound to air raiding it overnight. First years are almost always ugly. 

i dunno.   Joe Brady had a nice 1yr run at LSU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

So I can’t say that UGA’s system will better prepare you for the NFL (as well as competition faced)? 
 

Am I forgetting an OSU QB that is currently playing in the NFL? 
 

🤨

Haskins was a first round pick. Fields will be as well. I think the NFL systems are adjusting to best use the talents of the most talented players coming out of college.  

The current OC just got here, so I can't say whether he better prepares guys. The younger QB's in the NFL seem to come from more explosive offenses that I think are similar to OSU's. But I can't say that I've done enough research to verify the similarities of the offensive systems.

All Georgia has is Stafford. That was a long time ago and different coaching.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Every kid you recruit should hear the "you gotta compete mantra". You don't give special treatment to anyone or you set yourself up for disaster. Everybody should have a chance to earn it.

Sorry about the idiot part. Just my Jim Carrey put on. 
 

Well that’s what I meant with the “prove you can play at this level”. I just think a player needs to know he’s expected to be the man and it’s more of he can play his way out of it with underperformance. Just a different angle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Screaming Brave said:

Sorry about the idiot part. Just my Jim Carrey put on. 
 

Well that’s what I meant with the “prove you can play at this level”. I just think a player needs to know he’s expected to be the man and it’s more of he can play his way out of it with underperformance. Just a different angle. 

There’s two problems with this. First is you are telling kids they are entitled to something before they earn it. When you do that you set up situations where kids slack off or don’t work their hardest. You also send a bad message to the kids that bust it every day. 
 

Second you set yourself up for negative recruiting because if you do promise anybody anything and that doesn’t happen whether it’s the kid’s fault or the coach’s fault you can best believe it will get floated around and used against you. So it’s best to put everybody on the same playing field and let the best players earn their spots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GAbred said:

Haskins was a first round pick. Fields will be as well. I think the NFL systems are adjusting to best use the talents of the most talented players coming out of college.  

The current OC just got here, so I can't say whether he better prepares guys. The younger QB's in the NFL seem to come from more explosive offenses that I think are similar to OSU's. But I can't say that I've done enough research to verify the similarities of the offensive systems.

All Georgia has is Stafford. That was a long time ago and different coaching.  

Haskins is who you’re using as a reference of being prepared? Nah man 

pretty sure there was an article not too long ago where Belichick talked about how prepared UGA players were for the NFL.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

It's been almost comical how the qb situation has played out over the last few years. UGA can't seem to catch a break. Daniels has the skill set to get us back to competing if he can get healthy and win over this team. Hopefully someone can step up for us this year because its been gut wrenching to watch the qb play lately. 

No surprise here as far as how things have played out.  UGA resides in a state with a sports curse!   It’s amazing to me to see how things always go against us to prevent the championship.  Not sure each year what it will be, but just know that it will be something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

There’s two problems with this. First is you are telling kids they are entitled to something before they earn it. When you do that you set up situations where kids slack off or don’t work their hardest. You also send a bad message to the kids that bust it every day. 
 

Second you set yourself up for negative recruiting because if you do promise anybody anything and that doesn’t happen whether it’s the kid’s fault or the coach’s fault you can best believe it will get floated around and used against you. So it’s best to put everybody on the same playing field and let the best players earn their spots. 

Not talking about all kids. Just the obvious elite 5 star guys. The few. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Brady wasn’t the OC and they hit the luckiest break you could’ve hit with how Burrow and WRs played. UGA finally has a WR core that is good but simply don’t have the QB 

He didn’t have the title of OC but it was his offense - everyone knows this.

Oklahoma has been lucky twice with transfer QBs to go with LSU last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Haskins is who you’re using as a reference of being prepared? Nah man 

pretty sure there was an article not too long ago where Belichick talked about how prepared UGA players were for the NFL.. 

For the record, I somewhat agree that a more pro style offense should prepare you more. But I'm starting to come around to the fact that the league is changing. I mean, Gus has two QBs in the league. His offense is as simple as it comes if you ask me. You can knock the Haskins reference, but it's not like every Pro Style QB works out. My point, and one I think is important, is he was a QB drafted in the first round. That matters. Some preparation and development had to occur for that to become a reality. 

Hopefully, Daniels turns out to be that guy after next year. Or anyone else that is on the roster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

He didn’t have the title of OC but it was his offense - everyone knows this.

Oklahoma has been lucky twice with transfer QBs to go with LSU last year.

I basing the “luckiest” off of how Burrow played the year before. Oklahoma was a dynamic offense before Murray and Hurts thanks to their HC Lincoln Riley

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...