Kirby Smart is delusional!

8 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Kirby didn’t make the decision to have Fields leave, Fields did (not getting into why he didn’t play more because it’s been discussed). Did he make the right call with Fromm over Eason? I believe so. So enlighten me on which QB decisions he made that were so bad

sure be glad to.

"The plan is there is no plan".   Direct quote from Kirby when asked about managing the two QBs that year in 2018.

It was obvious there was no plan to develop and work Justin Fields into gameplans and develop playing time for 2018.   Kirby decided early on he would simply be a back-up w/ mop-up duty.    This was UGA's highest rated high school recruit in the modern era and there was no plan for him his Freshman season.

For all the critics on the messageboards, in a very, very limited role Fields numbers were outstanding.

Should there have been a plan?  YES

Did Dabo have a plan for Trevor?  YES

Was there reason for Fields to doubt he would be given a fair shot in 2019 based on how he was handled in 2018?  YES

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, I like a lot of you guys have trusted Kirby to make great decision for our squad! But every since that Fromm/Fields situation Kirby has missed his mark. Stop telling us JT is working with the sc

OP I’m with you!! What is the purpose of recruiting QB talent when you don’t play them or develop them!

Other than the don’t lie to the guy part, this is the worst recruiting take I’ve ever seen. 

52 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

sure be glad to.

"The plan is there is no plan".   Direct quote from Kirby when asked about managing the two QBs that year in 2018.

It was obvious there was no plan to develop and work Justin Fields into gameplans and develop playing time for 2018.   Kirby decided early on he would simply be a back-up w/ mop-up duty.    This was UGA's highest rated high school recruit in the modern era and there was no plan for him his Freshman season.

For all the critics on the messageboards, in a very, very limited role Fields numbers were outstanding.

Was there reason for Fields to doubt he would be given a fair shot in 2019 based on how he was handled in 2018?  YES

The reason there was no plan was because a certain QB didn’t know the offense. The only reason Fields got in the game was because Kirby wanted him to succeed and take over. Even Kirby can’t make a player not come in feeling entitled to a starting position. 

10 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

The reason there was no plan was because a certain QB didn’t know the offense. The only reason Fields got in the game was because Kirby wanted him to succeed and take over. Even Kirby can’t make a player not come in feeling entitled to a starting position. 

Doesn’t help when people tout him NON STOP.. “I handed the ball off good as ****” 

Edit: that statement made.. at the time it was made.. was precisely the issue.. after a win, mind you, you can’t even get in the locker room before complaining about the plays that were called for you.. a win.. and he was more worried about what he did.. yet his attitude NEVER gets noticed when it’s brought up that Kirby “let him leave” 

🤦‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

see this word "entitlement" associated w/ Justin Fields from naysayers.    Never heard once where Justin iterated he was entitled to the position nor starting.   However, Kirby made him an afterthought.  As to knowing the offense, he seemed to be a quick study at Ohio State (3rd in Heisman voting his first year as a true sophmore starter).

8 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Doesn’t help when people tout him NON STOP.. “I handed the ball off good as ****” 

🤦‍♂️

I don’t blame Fields but this idea that Kirby had no plan for him is just false. Kirby wasn’t going to tell the media his plan anyway. It didn’t help that Chaney was able to simplify the offense until Fields got adjusted. 

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

see this word "entitlement" associated w/ Justin Fields from naysayers.    Never heard once where Justin iterated he was entitled to the position nor starting.   However, Kirby made him an afterthought.  As to knowing the offense, he seemed to be a quick study at Ohio State (3rd in Heisman voting his first year as a true sophmore starter).

Fields went into OSU with a chip on his shoulder. Fields isn’t dumb and incapable of learning an offense, he simply thought he was going to walk into UGA and start no matter what. Kirby doesn’t work that way, you have to earn it because that’s what he tells these recruits 

1 minute ago, Bdawg58 said:

I don’t blame Fields but this idea that Kirby had no plan for him is just false. Kirby wasn’t going to tell the media his plan anyway. It didn’t help that Chaney was able to simplify the offense until Fields got adjusted. 

I said it a ton.. all the physical abilities in the world, but just not the maturity. That has a tendency to rub off on others. 

3 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Fields went into OSU with a chip on his shoulder. Fields isn’t dumb and incapable of learning an offense, he simply thought he was going to walk into UGA and start no matter what. Kirby doesn’t work that way, you have to earn it because that’s what he tells these recruits 

proof is in the puddin'

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

I said it a ton.. all the physical abilities in the world, but just not the maturity. That has a tendency to rub off on others. 

And I get it, I really do but Fields probably wouldn’t have left had “some people” convinced him to leave. No doubt in my mind Fields is a good kid but even good kids can get caught up in fame. 

7 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

You won’t change his mind. His kid went to high school with fields so he can do no wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

And I get it, I really do but Fields probably wouldn’t have left had “some people” convinced him to leave. No doubt in my mind Fields is a good kid but even good kids can get caught up in fame. 

Yea.. well.. I’m sure that system will prepare him for the NFL like it has for.. um.. well..

12 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

You won’t change his mind. His kid went to high school with fields so he can do no wrong. 

You are right about one thing.  My mind won’t be changed.    UGA could have been in the mix for a Natty the last two years had Kirby simply worked Fields into the game plan more as the season went on his Freshman year.  I was at the UMass game which was the one game Kirby let him play - I understand it’s “just UMass” but Fields lit them up.  Many forgot that DRob dropped a sure fire bomb TD that was thrown deadly accurate from Fields in that game as well or he would have had 3 TDs then - was sure there was going to be a purposeful plan after that game....nope.

Quarterbacks are not OWNED when they commit and enroll - they have to be managed.   See Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow - the last 3 Heisman winners.   Fields will make #4 in a row.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You are right about one thing.  My mind won’t be changed.    UGA could have been in the mix for a Natty the last two years had Kirby simply worked Fields into the game plan more as the season went on his Freshman year.  I was at the UMass game which was the one game Kirby let him play - I understand it’s “just UMass” but Fields lit them up.  Many forgot that DRob dropped a sure fire bomb TD that was thrown deadly accurate from Fields in that game as well or he would have had 3 TDs then - was sure there was going to be a purposeful plan after that game....nope.

I haven’t seen one single person question Fields physical abilities. 

As I’ve said many times before, I wish Fields would have stuck it out with UGA. This team has moved on and so has everybody else but you and the OSU troll. 

Personally I’m glad we have a break this week and hope this team takes the opportunity to get healthy and better. I’m excited that JT is finally healthy enough to be a factor because we’re in desperate need of a turnaround on offense. 

1 hour ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Mrs Bama, no ma'am. I will not get mad.  You are cooler than a polar bear's toenails.  You got the Tide to get past all the other failures.  I was taking to my Marine Corps buddy yesterday.  He is all New England and Notre Dame fan.  He is enjoying what he gets in championships.  He has some friends that are complaining about this bad season.  He uses me as an example that they could have it worse.  I just want to taste glory.  I got a feeling once one gets thru then we will see others get to the top.          

Thank you sir!

And simper fi! I was raised by a Major in the Corp and have nothing but ultimate respect for you Marines! 

On another note, I believe GA win get one, understand that means we won’t, but if we don’t win, I am 100% Dawg!

Completely off topic, I think the Braves are in real good shape for next year! I hope we keep the DH and we resign Ozuna!

2 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

No offense but Kirby has made his adjustments with his offense this year.  Now we just a legit qb.  And I don’t want to be like most Bama fans I know who get upset and consider the season an absolute failure if they don’t win it all.  I’d rather support my team win or lose and still be happy than be miserable if we don’t win it all.    Not to mention there’s no need to “hold his feet to the fire” just yet.

That’s the big difference between the 2 programs, we expect to win it all every season, but it hasn’t always been that way!

It is the responsibility of the HC to have a legit QB, sorry but that’s the facts. Who was the back up for Fromm last year? I get it, Newman left, but who was next up after him?

18 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

That’s the big difference between the 2 programs, we expect to win it all every season, but it hasn’t always been that way!

It is the responsibility of the HC to have a legit QB, sorry but that’s the facts. Who was the back up for Fromm last year? I get it, Newman left, but who was next up after him?

Well.. Stetson.. because Eason and Fields had left.. then Newman left.. 

Eason felt he had no shot when Jake took over and Fields coming, so he jet. Then Justin didn’t want to compete (proof is in the pudding). Then Newman got some bad advice. 

48 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

That’s cool and all but fan expectations have very how programs run.  You can expect Bama to win but it has little effect on whether a coach does or not or gets fired.

What high level qb would cone to UGA following Fromm and Fields?  Fields put us in a bad spot by leaving right before the dead period.  By then we were lucky to land Mathis and Stet.

On 11/8/2020 at 11:22 AM, Prison Mikey said:

When you have a defensive based HC it almost always causes problems for the offense, see Les Miles, Saban, etc. Kirby's way too much of a control freak rn.

I've like what I've seen from Monken. Guys are almost open on most of his plays, the QB just isn't good enough. Any coach would give the guy total autonomy for his side of the ball... Kirby will need to adjust his offensive views or you know what the other option is. 

When has Saban ever caused problems for Alabama’s offense? 

18 hours ago, g-dawg said:

sure be glad to.

If Kirby has been this stubborn with Stetson, you know there was no way Fields had any shot to supplant Fromm. 

43 minutes ago, GAbred said:

It's not like you can say Georgia's system prepares you either. They have had more success at OSU than Georgia. On field and QB wise. 

So I can’t say that UGA’s system will better prepare you for the NFL (as well as competition faced)? 

Am I forgetting an OSU QB that is currently playing in the NFL? 

🤨

17 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

All freshmen QBs have to prove themselves to the point they can play at the college level, but the smart coaches can observe a guy and know who is the best long term option for success. Everyone knew about Fields being a top talent as well as Lawrence. But Dabo had a clear plan for Lawrence from the start. He was gonna be “the man” and he was developed that way from the moment he stepped on campus. Plus you gotta know that if a guy has pro potential you’re only gonna get 3 years from him. You don’t recruit 5 star QBs with a “you gotta compete” mantra. Yeah, you tell them a lot is expected but you also let him know he’s gonna be the guy... at least if that’s your plan. Don’t lie to the guy. 

7 minutes ago, Screaming Brave said:

All freshmen QBs have to prove themselves to the point they can play at the college level, but the smart coaches can observe a guy and know who is the best long term option for success. Everyone knew about Fields being a top talent as well as Lawrence. But Dabo had a clear plan for Lawrence from the start. He was gonna be “the man” and he was developed that way from the moment he stepped on campus. Plus you gotta know that if a guy has pro potential you’re only gonna get 3 years from him. You don’t recruit 5 star QBs with a “you gotta compete” mantra. Yeah, you tell them a lot is expected but you also let him know he’s gonna be the guy... at least if that’s your plan. Don’t lie to the guy. 

Other than the don’t lie to the guy part, this is the worst recruiting take I’ve ever seen. 

17 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I haven’t seen one single person question Fields physical abilities. 

As I’ve said many times before, I wish Fields would have stuck it out with UGA. This team has moved on and so has everybody else but you and the OSU troll. 

Personally I’m glad we have a break this week and hope this team takes the opportunity to get healthy and better. I’m excited that JT is finally healthy enough to be a factor because we’re in desperate need of a turnaround on offense. 

Fields was playing well.  Tired of all this “no one questioning his physical abilities BS”.  Fields played well when he got his opportunity his Freshman year.  He protected the ball and completed a very high percentage of his passes - 70%.  From reports I have read - a lot of the same ones you guys read, there were many on the team that felt Fields should have been playing more and some even thought he should be starting.

He was handled poorly by Kirby and staff.  I love Kirby and UGA staff and program as much as you guys but there is no crime on admitting Kirby F’d this up - because he did.    I am not being stubborn - you guys that still don’t want to admit what is OBVIOUS - are the ones in denial.