Kirby Smart is delusional!

Look, I like a lot of you guys have trusted Kirby to make great decision for our squad! But every since that Fromm/Fields situation Kirby has missed his mark. Stop telling us JT is working with the scouts but gives us good looks but he is not good enough to play! If he's hurt say he's hurt.... Where is Carson Beck? Bennett is done and Mathis is struggling badly. Are you telling me Beck is so bad you will not even consider putting him in. Remember the guys can play in 4 games and still red shirt so what are they waiting for? And who is the QB coach? At this point we should be questioning their skills as well cause neither the starter or the back-up are doing jack, the 3rd string is not even in consideration, and who knows was really going on with JT (someone is lying to us).  Kirby needs to listen to what even Saban said the other day (Good Offense beats a Good defense now) because this offense is whew........... garbage! Now for people talking we have all these people injured because I know its coming. Well this team is stacked deep with 4 or 5 star players and if they are not coached up to be next man up then that falls on the HC! 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, I like a lot of you guys have trusted Kirby to make great decision for our squad! But every since that Fromm/Fields situation Kirby has missed his mark. Stop telling us JT is working with the sc

OP I’m with you!! What is the purpose of recruiting QB talent when you don’t play them or develop them!

Other than the don’t lie to the guy part, this is the worst recruiting take I’ve ever seen. 

I remember when I told folks that Kirby benching Eason for Fromm was a major mistake and folks defended Kirby. The lie that Fromm beat out Eason was picked up and ran with. Kirby had his chance and blew it. Every year the program has taken a step back from the previous season.

Kirby doesn't develop quarterbacks and the way he handled Fields has actually has worked out in Justin's favor because Kirby would have ruined his career. Thats why Newman bounced. He saw what Kirby was about and used corona as a excuse to bounce before HIS draft stock got damaged at Georgia...

54 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Agreed... I really don’t get all this smoke around the Daniels situation. Guy is suited up and is cleared every week by UGA Med staff. He hasn’t gotten one single snap when Bennett and Mathis are clearly NOT the answers. Yet he runs scout? Just a major 

The only thing Daniels would do is confirm that none of the Georgia quarterbacks are being developed properly. I was looking at Mathis footwork in that game and he looked like the quarterback coach or offensive coordinator have put him thru maybe two footwork drills. Georgia is a mess. I bet that defense gets plenty of work in practice...:lol:

44 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

The only thing Daniels would do is confirm that none of the Georgia quarterbacks are being developed properly. I was looking at Mathis footwork in that game and he looked like the quarterback coach or offensive coordinator have put him thru maybe two footwork drills. Georgia is a mess. I bet that defense gets plenty of work in practice...:lol:

Go back to your Ohio state thread so you can have a conversation with yourself

When you have a defensive based HC it almost always causes problems for the offense, see Les Miles, Saban, etc. Kirby's way too much of a control freak rn.

I've like what I've seen from Monken. Guys are almost open on most of his plays, the QB just isn't good enough. Any coach would give the guy total autonomy for his side of the ball... Kirby will need to adjust his offensive views or you know what the other option is. 

5 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Kirby is going down the same path DQ did. That choke job in their championship games has ruined them 

Kirby is stubborn but not stupid.  They are going to start leaning on him for results when that happens we will see that philosophy change.  

How long did it take Saban and Dabo to win their first championship.  Not being sarcastic. I see CKS wanting a stellar defense but we saw with the WR recruiting last year.  He understands he has to get points but he has to set pride and loyalty aside and get the right people on the field.  Tyson Campbell should not be starting over DJ Daniels.  

On 11/8/2020 at 4:52 PM, usmcdirtybird said:

Kirby is stubborn but not stupid.  They are going to start leaning on him for results when that happens we will see that philosophy change.  

How long did it take Saban and Dabo to win their first championship.  Not being sarcastic. I see CKS wanting a stellar defense but we saw with the WR recruiting last year.  He understands he has to get points but he has to set pride and loyalty aside and get the right people on the field.  Tyson Campbell should not be starting over DJ Daniels.  

Kirby should be learning from Saban right now.

Saban made the adjustment to a more wide-open offense......Kirby just needs to be more decisive with QBs - Kirby hopefully will figure it out - he messed up w/ Fields and is still paying for it - let's see how he does the back half of this season and into next season before we truly judge him - he made one huge mistake so far - the problem is he is paying for it with TWO FULL seasons with the rest of the roster loaded w/ talent.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Kirby should be learning from Saban right now.

Saban made the adjustment to a more wide-open offense......Kirby just needs to be more decisive with QBs - Kirby hopefully will figure it out - he messed up w/ Fields and is still paying for it - let's see how he does the back half of this season and into next season before we truly judge him - he made one huge mistake so far - the problem is he is paying for it with TWO FULL seasons with the rest of the roster loaded w/ talent.

Have you not watched any of the games? We are very much more wide open scheme wise and WRs are getting wide *** open as well, we simply need someone who can hit the target. Monken is running more spread than we’ve run since Bobo

12 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Have you not watched any of the games? We are very much more wide open scheme wise and WRs are getting wide *** open as well, we simply need someone who can hit the target. Monken is running more spread than we’ve run since Bobo

specifically talking about QB decisions.

On 11/8/2020 at 4:52 PM, usmcdirtybird said:

Please don't get mad at me, BUT Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa in 2007 and took over a really bad program. Shula did not leave much in the cupboard, John Parker Wilson was our QB, our top WR was DJ Hall, and our top RB was a sophomore Roy Upchurch. On defense we had DE Gilberry and on special teams with had kicker Tiffin. We were BAD before Saban got there, I mean really bad.

But he won a NCG in 2009. Kirby had way more talent when he came into GA than Saban, but everyone makes excuses for him! It was the same thing with Richt and let's be honest, he was at GA way too long, but everyone kept saying, he such a good guy. Shula was a good guy too. Do you really want a "nice guy" for your head coach or someone that will go for the kill shot?

Look, I want GA to be good, I want them to be a great program, but sometimes it seems GA just won't hold the coach's feet to the fire. Kirby has got to change and if he doesn't GA will not move forward. I am not beating up on the team because everyone knows how much talent is on that team, I just think some REAL pressure needs to be put on Kirby!

28 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Please don't get mad at me, BUT Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa in 2007 and took over a really bad program. Shula did not leave much in the cupboard, John Parker Wilson was our QB, our top WR was DJ Hall, and our top RB was a sophomore Roy Upchurch. On defense we had DE Gilberry and on special teams with had kicker Tiffin. We were BAD before Saban got there, I mean really bad.

But he won a NCG in 2009. Kirby had way more talent when he came into GA than Saban, but everyone makes excuses for him! It was the same thing with Richt and let's be honest, he was at GA way too long, but everyone kept saying, he such a good guy. Shula was a good guy too. Do you really want a "nice guy" for your head coach or someone that will go for the kill shot?

Look, I want GA to be good, I want them to be a great program, but sometimes it seems GA just won't hold the coach's feet to the fire. Kirby has got to change and if he doesn't GA will not move forward. I am not beating up on the team because everyone knows how much talent is on that team, I just think some REAL pressure needs to be put on Kirby!

No offense but Kirby has made his adjustments with his offense this year.  Now we just a legit qb.  And I don’t want to be like most Bama fans I know who get upset and consider the season an absolute failure if they don’t win it all.  I’d rather support my team win or lose and still be happy than be miserable if we don’t win it all.    Not to mention there’s no need to “hold his feet to the fire” just yet.

45 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Coaches held accountable.  110 percent actually 1000 percent correct. I do not want any nice guy coaches.  Nice guy coaches, I am done with them.  Dan Quinn made sure of that.  Kirby needs to be held accountable.  Also, he has to let the coordinators coordinate.  He is a defensive guy but he needs to be the head coach.  He has to learn that.       

Let’s not forget that this is Kirby’s first HC job. How many years did Saban coach before he made it to his first NCG? It took Saban years to come out of his defensive shell and it also took multiple years of experimenting with offensive coordinators and philosophies before he found something that works. 

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Mrs Bama, no ma'am. I will not get mad.  You are cooler than a polar bear's toenails.  You got the Tide to get past all the other failures.  I was taking to my Marine Corps buddy yesterday.  He is all New England and Notre Dame fan.  He is enjoying what he gets in championships.  He has some friends that are complaining about this bad season.  He uses me as an example that they could have it worse.  I just want to taste glory.  I got a feeling once one gets thru then we will see others get to the top.          

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

specifically talking about QB decisions.

Kirby didn’t make the decision to have Fields leave, Fields did (not getting into why he didn’t play more because it’s been discussed). Did he make the right call with Fromm over Eason? I believe so. So enlighten me on which QB decisions he made that were so bad