Matt Ryan Does Not Make Players Better

11 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

lol...guess I should be less transparent with what I was saying

I still regularly hear people use Matt Ryan’s weapons as a reason to put an asterisk next to all his production.  People say Julio keeps Ryan relevant.  Or who wouldn’t look good with a duo of Julio & Sanu.  

Belichick viewed Sanu as worthy of a 2nd round pick.  He had good reason to believe he would produce.  The previous 12 games with Ryan, Sanu churned out 670 yards.  The 12 games since being traded he has managed just 216 yards and is currently on the Lions practice squad.  And he spent those 12 games with Belichick & Shannahan.....just another example of how Ryan gets the most from the players at his disposal

Should have led with this. 

ive been guilty of not communicating clearly and assuming people know what I’m thinking. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pointless post. Thanks!

Ryan would be awful if he didn't have big names like Powel and Zaccheaus out there. 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Precyse said:

I think he blames Ryan for not winning with all of those players while other teams won with less. I feel coaching plays a part also

what can he do his offenses are top 10 every year and his defenses are bottom 10 every year give matt the ravens defense with our offense he gets multiple SBs

16 hours ago, Spts1 said:

No quarterback has had the weapons Ryan has had his ENTIRE career...

Peyton Manning? His list of great position players is admirable

Kurt Warner? Had Isaac Bruce/Torry Holt/Proult....then in AZ had Boldin/Fitzgerald/

Steve Young had Terrell Owens AND Jerry Rice AND Harrison Hearst all at the same time

Elway had a bunch of guys but won Superbowl with TD/Sharpe/Eddy Mac/Rod Smith...

6 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

Peyton Manning? His list of great position players is admirable

Kurt Warner? Had Isaac Bruce/Torry Holt/Proult....then in AZ had Boldin/Fitzgerald/

Steve Young had Terrell Owens AND Jerry Rice AND Harrison Hearst all at the same time

Elway had a bunch of guys but won Superbowl with TD/Sharpe/Eddy Mac/Rod Smith...

And everyone of those quarterbacks maximized that talent and won a Superbowl.  There is a reason NFL people said Ryan wasn't on their list of top quarterbacks during this past off season....

On 11/7/2020 at 7:46 AM, insight said:

Yeah, but it's a weak argument, Julio is the one drawing double and triple coverage making it easier for other receivers and Matt Ryan.  Sanu went to the Patriots, with arguably the greatest QB in history and struggled due to the lack of other weapons around him.

So what’s your excuse when Ryan made Harry Douglas a 1,000+ yard receiver in 2013 when Julio missed most the season?  Roddy was banged up as well, he sure wasn’t drawing double and triple teams.  Oh, and Dirk Koetter was the OC, so it certainly wasn’t the scheme making him better.

On 11/7/2020 at 9:39 AM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Mahomes has better weapons currently and easily has the best weapons around him in the league.

Who cares? Every QB needs players 

Forget the players imagine if we had had Andy Reid and co instead of Smitty as coach in Matt Ryan's rookie year. Might have won it all his first season.

And this is not to say Mahomes isn't better than Ryan was early on in his career. But yea, ideal situation for any QB out there in Kansas City where Alex Smith made three freaking pro bowls in five seasons before Mahomes got there. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
56 minutes ago, Xero said:

This is why I don’t get tankers. We can gain ground if we get and stay hot. You never know but I wouldn’t dream of giving up on any season that could be the one, fishing for a dang prospect. 💯 only when it’s mathematically impossible should that conversation be had unless you know you are a college team. 

Exactly. Any Given Sunday!!! Look at the Vikings beating the Packers last week. Nobody had that happening. The Giants nearly beat the Bucs on Monday night. The Panthers are beating the Chiefs at halftime. Strange things can happen in the NFL. It's possible for the Falcons to win 10 games and if that happens they'll find themselves right in the middle of the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Precyse said:

i agree, we could be at least 6-2 if not for our defense this year 

Defense has been garbage for the majority of Matt's career. It's amazing he didn't leave us already. Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, Roethlisberger, etc have had ELITE defenses on multiple occasions. What we've given him on the other side of the ball is completely unacceptable.