Jump to content

Matt Ryan Does Not Make Players Better


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

No quarterback has had the weapons Ryan has had his ENTIRE career...

julio roddy rid were all drafted how is that matt ryan fault 31 other teams could of had those same players 30 other teams could of traded for TG and could of signed turner dont blame matt blame the other organizations

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pointless post. Thanks!

Ryan would be awful if he didn't have big names like Powel and Zaccheaus out there. 

Posted Images

16 hours ago, 408Falcon said:

Pointless post. Thanks!

lol...guess I should be less transparent with what I was saying

I still regularly hear people use Matt Ryan’s weapons as a reason to put an asterisk next to all his production.  People say Julio keeps Ryan relevant.  Or who wouldn’t look good with a duo of Julio & Sanu.  
 
Belichick viewed Sanu as worthy of a 2nd round pick.  He had good reason to believe he would produce.  The previous 12 games with Ryan, Sanu churned out 670 yards.  The 12 games since being traded he has managed just 216 yards and is currently on the Lions practice squad.  And he spent those 12 games with Belichick & Shannahan.....just another example of how Ryan gets the most from the players at his disposal
Link to post
Share on other sites
The Falcons have used just 3 draft picks on WR’s in the first 3 rounds since Ryan was drafted.  Douglass, Julio & Ridley.  All proved very good selections.  In total, we’ve drafted just 7 WR’s since 2008 and all but 2 were very big contributors.  Much of that credit goes to Ryan making players better than they otherwise would be.
 
Now compare that to the Steelers, who are considered incredible evaluators of WR talent.  Since 2007 they have used 13 draft picks in the first three rounds on WR’s.  
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, insight said:

Yeah, but it's a weak argument, Julio is the one drawing double and triple coverage making it easier for other receivers and Matt Ryan.  Sanu went to the Patriots, with arguably the greatest QB in history and struggled due to the lack of other weapons around him.

??? That actually makes for it stronger argument, not a weaker one???

Ryan’s on pace for another excellent (4900/24/8) season, with JJ missing 2 1/2 games out of 1st 8 games already. And Sanu made folks think he was something other than a journeyman WR thanks to Ryan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Mahomes has better weapons currently and easily has the best weapons around him in the league.

Who cares? Every QB needs players 

Mahomes also has a little thing called defense. Chiefs have only given up more than 20 points in a game once this year. I doubt they give up more than 20 tomorrow playing the Panthers. Matt Ryan has never had a defense like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kenn.junior said:

julio roddy rid were all drafted how is that matt ryan fault 31 other teams could of had those same players 30 other teams could of traded for TG and could of signed turner dont blame matt blame the other organizations

I think he blames Ryan for not winning with all of those players while other teams won with less. I feel coaching plays a part also

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Mahomes also has a little thing called defense. Chiefs have only given up more than 20 points in a game once this year. I doubt they give up more than 20 tomorrow playing the Panthers. Matt Ryan has never had a defense like that.

Mahomes also has....a HOF head coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vandy said:

??? That actually makes for it stronger argument, not a weaker one???

Ryan’s on pace for another excellent (4900/24/8) season, with JJ missing 2 1/2 games out of 1st 8 games already. And Sanu made folks think he was something other than a journeyman WR thanks to Ryan.

Matt is a very good QB but he is not near Tom Brady's level.  Sanu struggled because in New England because they tried to use him as a #1 option, and that's not what he is. This offense is very inconsistent without Julio Jones but everything is a hypothetical  because fortunately Ryan been so durable we haven't had to see another QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody who questions how good Matt Ryan is doesn't know this franchise at all. He is above and beyond being the best quarterback the Falcons have ever had. We've been spoiled with our success since 2008. Is he the greatest ever? No, but he's made a lot of mediocre receivers a lot of money on contracts where you never hear about them again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spts1 said:

It took Mahomes two seasons to bring the chip home...

And he won the SB while playing one of his most sub par games as a Chief. That's what great TEAMS do. That defense shut down SF when it mattered and gave the offense a chance to come back which to their credit they did. Meanwhile Ryan played **** near excellent and the defense couldn't make just one stop with a 25 point lead with little over 1 qtr to play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, insight said:

Matt is a very good QB but he is not near Tom Brady's level.  Sanu struggled because in New England because they tried to use him as a #1 option, and that's not what he is. This offense is very inconsistent without Julio Jones but everything is a hypothetical  because fortunately Ryan been so durable we haven't had to see another QB.

I didn’t say anything about Brady. :ninja:

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Funny how that works doesn't it? Here's a thread about Matt Ryan and immediately people gotta turn it to Brady, Mahomes or Wilson and it's the same people over and over and over again.

Still not sure where ‘insight’ is coming from, so I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt...but he sure didn’t answer my pointed question.

But my experience AUT (and I bet it is yours too) is it’s the anti- ryan crowd’s lazy m.o. retort whenever they get called out when posting something stupid about the falcon’s QB.

I mean, we know he’s not Brady/Wilson/Mahomes....is that all ya’ll got? And who the **** cares?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...