We need a coach who focuses on fundamentals and not a name brand coach

Dan Quinn was a hot name at the time but had no idea how to coach a team. Especially when it came to the fundamentals such as being disciplined and consistent.

We need a coach who can build a team of coaches that will focus on fundamentals, discipline, consistency and strength.

We have to get this right for Matt and Julio they deserve one good coach.

Edited by ssj5gal

Hindsight is a stupid *****, I know, but looking back, does anyone else think Bowles would still be Head Coach in Atlanta had he been given the opportunity to have this quarterback and build up the defense the way he likes?

Or do you think Quinn pretty much made his money off of Shanny and it would have mattered who the HC was as long as Shanny was around?

45 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hindsight is a stupid *****, I know, but looking back, does anyone else think Bowles would still be Head Coach in Atlanta had he been given the opportunity to have this quarterback and build up the defense the way he likes?

Or do you think Quinn pretty much made his money off of Shanny and it would have mattered who the HC was as long as Shanny was around?

I agree Bowles deserves a 2nd chance.

Todd Bowles cought an extremely raw deal with the Jets. Awful GM and even worse owner. He's doing wonders with that Bucs defense. He'll get his 2nd HC shot soon.

59 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Todd Bowles cought an extremely raw deal with the Jets. Awful GM and even worse owner. He's doing wonders with that Bucs defense. He'll get his 2nd HC shot soon.

I really do believe he would still be coaching the Falcons had he been hired instead of Quinn. Will never know and I rarely think that way about coaches

1 hour ago, ssj5gal said:

Dan Quinn was a hot name at the time but had no idea how to coach a team. Especially when it came to the fundamentals such as being disciplined and consistent.

We don't need a coach who can lead men and build a team of coaches that will focus on fundamentals, discipline and consistency.

We have to get this right for Matt and Julio they deserve one good coach.

Both coaches they had got them to the NFC championship game and one got them a super bowl appearance. It's not like they have had it terrible here. They just need a great coach.

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Remember when everyone was sick of fundamentals after Mike Smith? "Let's get a coach that doesn't limit players by obssessing over penalties and mistakes!" was the rallying cry. Why can't we get a coach that is aggressive and fundemantally sound this time around?

I think Smitty was aggressive and fundamentally sound. Unfortunately, many confuse recklessness with aggression.

2 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

I think Smitty was aggressive and fundamentally sound. Unfortunately, many confuse recklessness with aggression.

He wasn't aggressive at all. I think you are thinking about that 4th down call in the Saints game, but that was an anomolgy. We were extremely conservative with Smitty often running the ball heavily in the second half which led to us having a reputation of "putting our foot off the gas" and he got a lot of flack for our blown lead against the 9ers because of it. Of course if you look at our record of holding on to leads with Smith vs Quinn... oh boy, oh boy. How the grass was greener. 

First we need to get a GM.... this is the real problem we have..  we really lack talent in the roster.. another thing is we need a identity.. are we going to run the ball and play defense.. we need to commit to build a defense... TD said in his interview that he believe in though defenses but he never made a commitment to built one.. to me give me the coach that is explosive but commited to run the ball.. someone like Arthur Smith but first get me a GM that can really scout players..

7 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Jim Caldwell deserves another shot as well. He got a raw deal with both the Colts and the Lions, especially the Lions.

15 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Jim Caldwell deserves another shot as well. He got a raw deal with both the Colts and the Lions, especially the Lions.

I don’t think so....his players lack discipline and respect for him imo. The guy had some talent but couldn’t get it done. 
I do not want Jim Caldwell. Period

On 11/6/2020 at 8:27 AM, Dr Long Shot said:

Remember when everyone was sick of fundamentals after Mike Smith? "Let's get a coach that doesn't limit players by obssessing over penalties and mistakes!" was the rallying cry. Why can't we get a coach that is aggressive and fundemantally sound this time around?

For the record, Arthur Blank was the first to tire of a fundamental approach after the Green Bay playoff loss. The franchise focus was on explosiveness after that and a foreign concept to Smitty (you know, the guy who just had three winning seasons in a row using his own philosophy). Arthur believed outscoring people was the way to success when in reality if we had a good defense he would have never seen Green Bay’s explosiveness. 

Also for the record, I never tired of Smitty but the health scare really changed him in addition to the forced change in philosophy. Best coach we ever had by a long shot

4 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I don’t think so....his players lack discipline and respect for him imo. The guy had some talent but couldn’t get it done. 

He took the Colts to a Super Bowl. One of only 2 Super Bowl's they made it to with Peyton. Took the Lions to the playoffs twice in his 4 years there with only 1 losing season. The same Lions have have won a total of 10 or 11 games in the 3 years since they fired Caldwell. Don't see how you can look at what he did with the Lions and look at what the Lions did before and after and say his players lacked respect for him and that he had talent.

On 11/6/2020 at 6:36 AM, DonOfThemBirds said:

How about Raheem? Does he deserve a second chance?

Would like to see what a staff of Raheem HC, Mike Lafleur OC, and Wade Philips DC could do with this team...

7 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I don’t know, Caldwell took a team to a Super Bowl. He also had three winning seasons out of four in Detroit which is quite an achievement. Age is not on his side as he is 65 and energy to do the job might be an issue. Perhaps as an OC he could help Ryan. Who knows?