I hope the new GM isn't enamored with trendy players

Small FS, undersized DE, small DT,and project player's that aren't ready to play. That was the theme under TD. Regardless of the coach. He inherited Abraham,and that was his saving grace early on. Every pass rusher he drafted(Takk,Sidbury,VB,Massaquio,Bierman,were bust or flash in the pan types.

He ignored countless pure DE prospects and that crippled our defense. I understand the coach is the "cook" and the GM picks the groceries,but if the better player at the same position is there, dont gamble on the prospect. Takk over Watt as a obvious misfire. Danielle Hunter would've been nice is 2015 in the 2nd round 🤬🤔(he was taken in the 3rd).

Im sure we will when our way out of the QB sweepstakes, and this needs a rebuild. Do you think Rousseau,Surtain, Parsons,or a safety will be the pick. We need another difference maker up front in the worst way, and a big bodied DT next to Garrett. I hope the new GM doesn't ignore the obvious.

Thought I'd agree with the post based off the title but I don't. The two best DTs in the NFL are small, and one of them is ours. The best FSs in the NFL are small. Many of the best DEs in the NFL are undersized.

Size should never be a concern when drafting players. Just draft good players. Focus on playmakers and not on taking chances in developing players (at least not exclusively). Guys usually have it or they don't, period.

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Thought I'd agree with the post based off the title but I don't. The two best DTs in the NFL are small, and one of them is ours. The best FSs in the NFL are small. Many of the best DEs in the NFL are undersized.

Size should never be a concern when drafting players. Just draft good players. Focus on playmakers and not on taking chances in developing players (at least not exclusively). Guys usually have it or they don't, period.

OP drove it home with the egg sucking picks at DE...plus he’s right on overall size. We’ve been pushed around since TD got here....not sure if that has anything to do with it other than drafting light in the pockets on OL DL LBs. Yeah some small guys do ok. Bottom line TD couldn’t get it done. 

11 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

OP drove it home with the egg sucking picks at DE...plus he’s right on overall size. We’ve been pushed around since TD got here....not sure if that has anything to do with it other than drafting light in the pockets on OL DL LBs. Yeah some small guys do ok. Bottom line TD couldn’t get it done. 

He drafted for what his coaches wanted.

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Nothing to do with size. We aren't pushed around on either side of the ball when we play the guys we have to their strengths instead of their weaknesses. Unfortunately we haven't had many coaches able to clear that lowest of bars.

9 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

How do you know? Where you in the draft room and Quinn said get me Watt and Dimi said nah man Takk? Enlighten me

TD got paid to find quality players. He never did that at DE. Takk Beasley and do I even need to say Ray Edwards. Why some ppl want to blame Mike Smith - Dan Quinn - when there’s 13 yrs of proof right in front of you. There’s a reason AB fired TD. He made the right decision. The GM didn’t do his job. TROFFED

4 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

TD got paid to find quality players. He never did that at DE. Takk Beasley and do I even need to say Ray Edwards. Why some ppl want to blame Mike Smith - Dan Quinn - when there’s 13 yrs of proof right in front of you. There’s a reason AB fired TD. He made the right decision. The GM didn’t do his job. TROFFED

The coaches didn’t do their job. We had a ring in 16 and probably in 12 if the coaches did their part.

1 minute ago, Atl Falcon said:

They did fail us in the SB...which was a one year fluke. 

You can say one year fluke for just about every team minus the Patriots. 49ers aren’t making it back, Rams didn’t, Chiefs could, Seahawks did it when they had their luck strike gold but haven’t done anything since, Eagles, Saints, Steelers, Packers, etc 

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You can say one year fluke for just about every team minus the Patriots. 49ers aren’t making it back, Rams didn’t, Chiefs could, Seahawks did it when they had their luck strike gold but haven’t done anything since, Eagles, Saints, Steelers, Packers, etc 

You’re not going to be a SB contender year in year out with out a great pass rush and solid trench play.... TDs glaring weaknesses and history.

Ravens Steelers Saints Packers Pats Chiefs - Bucs this year - pretty much are steady contenders each year. Even the Eagles have had solid trench play but injuries on the OL killed em this year. The teams that win on a consistent basis have good trench play and pass rush for the most part. TD could not do it on a consistent basis. AB made the right decision. 
Look man...TD found some skill and perimeter players but you or no one else can convince me he was good at trench play and he especially sucked at finding pass rushers. It is what it is....13 yrs proves it. Just the facts

Give me football players with grit instead of track stars.

I want that O-line from the early Ryan years that other D-lines HATED. Give me the Harvey Dahl and Tyson Clabos. Give me the D-Lineman like Grady Jarrett and Patrick Kerney that show up with their lunch pale and go to work every Sunday without all the talk and flash. They may not run a 4.6 but they will put fear into that lineman across from them.