• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you try and analyze a draft after 6 months you’re told to give it a few years.  If you give it a few years you’re called Captain Hindsight...guess there is no right way to measure a draft...lol

Falcons were keyed in on passrush, and not without reason.  But I will never understand DQ's repeated insistence on not addressing the safety position. He got Neal his very first year and then ne

Abe was gone long before Vic got here.

And this is the reason why I’m so over any one who “misses TD”... you really miss the guy who consistently reached/missed and was always good for that one “WTH” pick?! Who’s whole 2012 draft was out of the league in ~3 years? Who handed massive contracts to players like Sam Baker and Jamie Brown, James Carpenter just to turn around and draft two rookies that same year? But wait, he drafted Julio Jones and Matt Ryan. That makes up for it all doesn’t it. So glad that TD is GONE 

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

I got flamed for not wanting takk at the time. I do admit I was angry with the trade and called him a thug, but he ended up robbing us anyway. What a huge bum. Should have stayed put and took TJ watt and kept that 3rd rounder. 

If only Thomas Dimitroff had been half as smart as he thought he was, we would have multiple SB wins by now.  😝

2 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I feel like he drank about 9 gallons of the "Rico is a good FS" Kool-Aid and never whizzed it out of his system. I think he had a habit of overrating a lot of the guys he drafted TBH.

Thing is DQ didn't even draft Rico. I don't understand his infatuation with him at all. Don't get me wrong, Rico's not a bad player, but he's not a single high and he's not good enough to not try to upgrade him as the most important position on the defense. Boggles the mind. 

2 hours ago, Day1 said:

I think Abrahams last year was Beasley big sack year. I'm old, maybe my memory isn't so good. Where can I check those stats?

Abe's last year with us was 2012, Vic was drafted in 2015. But either way, to your point, it's hard for any passrusher to do well if they're the only threat on the line. You need at least 2 to force some 1v1 blocks. 

45 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

If only Thomas Dimitroff had been half as smart as he thought he was, we would have multiple SB wins by now.  😝

That's the thing, isn't it?  When an executive from another -winning- team is brought in to your team, you would think that executive would bring the winning team's ways -with- him.

Instead, it looked to me, like Dimitroff did almost -everything- the direct opposite of what Belichick would have done.   Including trading up for Julio.  Belichick has won tons of Super Bowls without making such trades.

How many have the Falcons won, again...?

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

The thing is the NFL is predicated on coaching, you cannot overcome having bad coaches on defense. We could have had AJ Smith and wasted him because DQ and Smith were clowns when it came to putting together a competent defense. 

5 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

This is why I'm not a fan of Dimitroff's need based drafting approach. Sometimes you just have to draft the best football player.

Yup, I really wanted Khalil Mack. After he was gone, my second choice was Aaron Donald (I didn't love him as much as Mack but thought he would be good). But the Falcons drafted Matthews who has been ok but not really a game changer like Mack or Donald.

6 hours ago, athell said:

C'mon man...bloods...crips...geez VT STAY WITH ME HERE!

lol

you walked right off and left him standing there gaping at ya. heck I'm OLD and I still got what you meant with 'criplines'

:lol::lol::lol:

OH OH OH!! EDIT EDIT EDIT 

to say "in before someone says FALCON'S FILTER"  

which, BTW, could be added to the list y'all were working on, so that's a 2fer for me

:lol:

11 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Falcons were keyed in on passrush, and not without reason. 

But I will never understand DQ's repeated insistence on not addressing the safety position. He got Neal his very first year and then never drafted or signed a noteworthy safety ever again. Considering the defense that got him the job, that's inexcusable.

But but but ... Rico *sarcasm*