Takk tweet about wanting to be traded - Offered a 2nd last year (?)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao no one offered a 2nd round pick for that bum. 

Declining that 5th year option was the best thing they could have done. Hard to believe someone offered a 2nd for him last season with such a lack of production. He doesn't want to be a Falcon. He's m

I'll play Devil's Advocate for Takk.... He's not wrong. The Falcons paid Vic Beasley $13MM and he downright sucked going into 2019. They could have traded him and got a 3rd round pick but thought

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

He pretty clearly was only going through the motions all the way back in college, and it never changed. Not his fault teams gave him a spot and money. It's not sad or pathetic to want to make money and then do what you love after. It's not like he wasn't trying: he was our best DE for basically his whole time here. It's just not his passion. Nothing wrong with that. 

If you’re good with that, fine.  I’m not.

I pretty much said how I see it. 

The board here has seen this lack of passion for quite a while. It took me a while to realize it.

For me, the guy chose to play nfl football for the Atlanta Falcons.  IMO, he makes himself look bad by not maximizing that.

LOL “it’s not sad or pathetic to want to make money”   Yeah, duh!  No schit Sherlock. :lol:

9 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

If you’re good with that, fine.  I’m not.

I pretty much said how I see it. 

The board here has seen this lack of passion for quite a while. It took me a while to realize it.

For me, the guy chose to play nfl football for the Atlanta Falcons.  IMO, he makes himself look bad by not maximizing that.

LOL “it’s not sad or pathetic to want to make money”   Yeah, duh!  No schit Sherlock. :lol:

I would agree with you if he wasn't trying, but he was. He wasn't out there just collecting a paycheck, you just can't force yourself to have passion for something that you don't. It's not like he was intentionally screwing us over, he just didn't have the fire. Our fault for drafting him and then our fault again for giving him 10 mill. 

5 hours ago, vel said:

Yep. That was the correct decision. If they hadn't paid Vic, at least there is consistency on what's acceptable in getting your fifth year option picked up. Neal is a unique case, as his injuries prevented them from figuring out his value and had to pick his up. But beyond that, there is little consistency. No standard and no precedent. Leads to this. 

I don’t buy it. Vic didn’t have the injury history of Takk.

And, a key difference: New CBA

Vic’s option wasn’t fully guaranteed immediately and could be rescinded.

Takk’s would have been fully guaranteed for a guy with multiple shoulder surgeries.

If Takk is complaining over that; and not simply because he doesn’t like being on a losing team etc...then he is even more delusional.

23 minutes ago, revrndzombie said:

Help me out here. I am too lazy to read the 7 pages. 

What is HE disgruntled about? Seems like it should be the other way around. I could possibly see frustrated or disgruntled if he were  a legendary DE who came here to win a superbowl before he retired; but that is far from the case. 

Did I miss something?

He's wanted out of ATL for a couple years now.

9 hours ago, stizz said:

Hey @Bunchy Carterwhere you at? I thought I was making up that he didn't want to be in Atlanta?

Somehow you missed the point while stretching to pat yourself on the back.

I said, and have BEEN saying every since Brent Grimes was a Falcon that the "fans" are weirdos on social media. Harassing players, their wives, pretending to have "inside information" about what players are thinking because they *gasp* liked a tweet.

A certain group of fans didn't like Takk from the word go. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However, (and you can pretend you didn't see any of this if you want to) people were STALKING Takk on twitter. Camped out in his mentions, talking junk about his mental health issues, his dead grandma and more.

Why on Earth would anyone blame him or anyone else who wanted to get away from that madness?

The junk he pulled out social media regarding his trade was sloppy. Completely uncalled for and frankly... pretty stupid.

That said, I'm not going to pretend he's some evil supervillain whose been playing 3D chess his whole career and was sending coded msgs via social media. 🙄🙄