Peyton Manning for GM

12 hours ago, Vandy said:

Manning had a sub .500 record in playoffs.

He had a 14-13 playoff record throughout his career. I think we would all love to have that record if it brought us two championships. 

That being said, I would rather have someone that has more experience at evaluating players. Love Peyton, but it’s a pass for me. 

Edited by TalentedMrRidley
10 hours ago, TalentedMrRidley said:

He had a 14-13 playoff record throughout his career. I think we would all love that if it brought us two championships. 

That being said, I would rather have someone that has more experience at evaluating players. Love Peyton, but it’s a pass for me. 

In the first Super Bowl he won, the opponent scored 17 points (Rex Grossman's Bears). In the second Super Bowl win, the opponent scored 10 points. If Matt Ryan ever had defenses like those, the Falcons would have rings. 

1 hour ago, Summerhill said:

In the first Super Bowl he won, the opponent scored 17 points (Rex Grossman's Bears). In the second Super Bowl win, the opponent scored 10 points. If Matt Ryan ever had defenses like those, the Falcons would have rings. 

No arguments here. I still believe that you need a good/great defense to win it all. A great QB isn’t enough. 

6 hours ago, rugger8 said:

He's worth like $250Million. He takes home a few million for a few minutes a year doing silly Nationwide spots with that country guy. No stress. No pressure in his life - at least from the outside looking in. Why would he do that?

Guys like Manning are wired for more than money.  Not saying it will ever happen but I can see him relishing the challenge of building a team or venturing into ownership.  Blank could offer him that.  Stranger things have happened.