Titans Are Releasing Vic Beasley

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another case of a former falcon leaving and moving on to become an all pro somewhere else

Dude is an athlete that wants to be a preacher. He is not a football player. He should call it quits and move on to the next phase of his life. His heart has never been in it.

us walking away with that 5th rounder  

16 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Buddy is the fifth all time Falcon sack leader. Talk and Fowl are on pace for a combined 6 sacks in 2020. Jeez. Dude was always a second half guy. He could probably out produce em based on what I've seen.

Truth be told I was on the Beasley train in 2015 up until the week before that draft when I switched to Gurlie which was absolutely our best move. Beasley sucked but perhaps not as much as Takk and Fowler. 

If we go on a run and he's still out there I'd see if he wants to pick up a mil or two and play out the season for his favorite team. I think he could at least pick up a few coverage sacks. Then go start a church.

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Only if:

• We go on a run and he's still out there
  • Talk and Fowl continue to suck
  • He comes in at a prorated vet min

Dude is a Georgia boy. Long time Falcon fan. Top 5 all time Falcon sack leader. Can probably rack up some coverage sacks while Talk and Fowl watch, then ride off in the sunset and start a church.

Dont care how long of a Georgia fan he was, the man played like a sissy and he only got fluke sacks from mop up duty. Only way he should get signed is by having a cast on his leg. 

13 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Dont care how long of a Georgia fan he was, the man played like a sissy and he only got fluke sacks from mop up duty. Only way he should get signed is by having a cast on his leg. 

If we pick him up and he comes in here and gets 3.5 sacks against DEN like he did in 2016 he would have more sacks than Talk and Fowl combined.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If we pick him up and he comes in here and gets 3.5 sacks against DEN like he did in 2016 he would have more sacks than Talk and Fowl combined.

Yes and if Sombrero gets signed by the Broncos then it will happen. Vic ain't doing that again, the word has been out that he is a one trick pony. He will try to use his speed so just ride him past the QB, and emasculate him in the run game by running directly at him.

19 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Thats a shame the kid isn't that horrible.  He could still be a valuable piece on the right team as a situational pass rusher on 3rd downs.   He's for sure not a every down player but 5 to 10 Sacks a year added to your team is alot better than nothing and probably would be more than any player we got playing this year sack numbers wise.  If we could add him for say 3 mil a year and under i would gladly bring him back in to the team.  The only problem i feel he had was his massive cap hit for what he was giving.  But for a lower cap hit he provided more than enough for cheap depth.

If the Falcons had any inclination to bring him back, I understand the price for the rest of the season is around $1.85 mil. so they could do it if they wanted to. I don't see it happening.

2 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Yes and if Sombrero gets signed by the Broncos then it will happen. Vic ain't doing that again, the word has been out that he is a one trick pony. He will try to use his speed so just ride him past the QB, and emasculate him in the run game by running directly at him.

You think Talk or Fowl will match Beasley's 2019 8.0 sack total this year?

I'm not totally against it. He's a healthy body if nothing else. I'm more interested to see Davidson and more Harris and Fowler's starting to look healthier. Takk should never be allowed to wear black and red again.

I would bring him in a rotation and give him a two game leash to show some type of effort or he's cut. Who knows, all the other guys on D have been playing better under Morris as HC and Ulbrich as DC.

9 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

If the Falcons had any inclination to bring him back, I understand the price for the rest of the season is around $1.85 mil. so they could do it if they wanted to. I don't see it happening.

I don't think they would either at this point but 1.85 in the nfl is chump change and he was atleast was a better falcon than Takks sorry *** has been XD

On 11/3/2020 at 6:22 PM, Macintez said:

Dude is an athlete that wants to be a preacher. He is not a football player. He should call it quits and move on to the next phase of his life. His heart has never been in it.

A lot of judgement here. You should also trash that horrible overall defensive scene.  VIc was doubled and triple teemed on almost every play.

On 11/3/2020 at 6:31 PM, athell said:

Didn't know about this new CBA rule whereby cuts before week 10 no longer impact the compensatory formula.  This is probably true, because OvertheCap still projects Atlanta receiving a 5th-round comp pick for Beasley.  In addition, OTC projects that Atlanta will also receive a 5th-round comp pick for Campbell, a 6th-round pick for Schweitzer, and a 7th-rounder for Clayborn.  Losing Hooper got cancelled-out by signing Fowler.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

On 11/4/2020 at 3:27 PM, blizzard_falcon said:

Only players that we've let walk in recent years that we definitely should have kept were Brian Poole and maybe Dontari Poe

Dan Brunskill, Ryan Neal, Justin Zimmer, Austin Larkin all are having impacts in the league. All of em were practice squad guys. 

On 11/3/2020 at 6:28 PM, The Don™ said:

He doesn't care. The passion is not there. 

The sad thing is he didn't even look to someone like a Reggie White.

Reggie DOMINATED on the football field and was one of the most God-fearing individuals in the league. He never abandoned his calling while he was playing in the NFL. He was able to fellowship, preach etc. while racking up All-Pro's and accolades. Beasley acting like it has to be one or the other; God will always win that matchup and if you choosing God over football, that's fine... Just stop wasting the league's and your own time and fulfill your calling. 

Edited by Macintez
On 11/4/2020 at 12:39 AM, FalconFan13 said:

If his lack of effort and mentality still ended up being more sacks than what all 3 of our DE's right now provided WTH does that say about them then? 

They all suck. Been enough ebrasing the suck. Time to do things very differently. VB needs to be no where near this team

On 11/3/2020 at 3:37 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Why not?  Yall are acting like he was complete and utter trash.  The main problem with beasley was the amount he was making on his contract.  Theirs no way someone can sit her and tell me 2 mil is to much to pay for someone who will get you almost a guaranteed 5 to 8 sacks a year.   But yet it's ok to give Fowler 15 mil a year for giving you less than that on avg for his career.   Beasley isn't great we all know that but he is **** sure worth vet min of 2 mil and still providing more sacks than the rest of our team offers on a yearly basis. 

He stood in the tunnel watching his teammates finish a game. He watched the end of the game just like all of the fans.  I won’t ever forgive him for giving up on his teammates and standing in the tunnel just watching.  **** that guy.