Titans Are Releasing Vic Beasley

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another case of a former falcon leaving and moving on to become an all pro somewhere else

Dude is an athlete that wants to be a preacher. He is not a football player. He should call it quits and move on to the next phase of his life. His heart has never been in it.

us walking away with that 5th rounder  

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

You still have not answered my question quit skirting it.  Why are you ok with what we are getting from Fowler and Takk which is less than beasley did on avg here but not ok with belasey giving more at 2 mil.   Are you ok with giving them how much they are making compared to the 2 mil beasley would be making while atleast from what he gave us every year is more than what they have so far.  Would i be fine with having him back for 2 mil sure if he doesn't come back thats fine as well it doesn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things with him.   All im wanting to know is why it's ok for them to give less than what people hated about Vic the last few years while making more than the 2 mil he would be getting.    You 100000% absolutely have to say they are complete utter trash and want them gone as well because Fowler is making even more money than Beasley did here and Takk isn't even ever on the field in the 1st place.

It’s not about the numbers for me it’s the mentality of coming to work every day.VB44 was just happy to be in the NFL man he never bothered about being good at his craft.Theres a reason why the Titans don’t want him.The extension here was a mistake he’s a a good guy and all but I’m not having him back.

Fowler I keep because at least he’s tough and sometimes that’s enough.You bring a guy like Beasley back it’s like putting that wrong sought of soft mentality back in the locker room.Its much like moving on from Rico aswell.Its back to the draft we go to find the answer at Edge Corner and FS.

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It’s not about the numbers for me it’s the mentality of coming to work every day.VB44 was just happy to be in the NFL man he never bothered about being good at his craft.Theres a reason why the Titans don’t want him.The extension here was a mistake he’s a a good guy and all but I’m not having him back.

Fowler I keep because at least he’s tough and sometimes that’s enough.You bring a guy like Beasley back it’s like putting that wrong sought of soft mentality back in the locker room.Its much like moving on from Rico aswell.Its back to the draft we go to find the answer at Edge Corner and FS.

I was just talking about for this season not really anything else.  But honestly if he does do even somewhat well that probably hurts our chances at a better draft pick lol.  we for sure have to replace him and Takk next year or the year after.  Fowler we are stuck with 1 more year unless he turns it around big time.  I prefer wins but i can see the logic in getting a much better draft pick as well so i won't jump on anyone who prefers us to lose for that as well as their thinking about our future.

2 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

Dude has the physical attributes to be one of the greats, he just doesn't have the mindset, work ethic, or toughness. I wonder what percentage of his failure to keep developing was coaching and what was on his laziness.

I was ready to put it all on the coaches when he left here but he proved me wrong to some extent. At the very least, he's apathetic to football and used it to set himself up financially. Supremely talented. What a waste of that talent. But if it's not what he loves, it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Thats a shame the kid isn't that horrible.  He could still be a valuable piece on the right team as a situational pass rusher on 3rd downs.   He's for sure not a every down player but 5 to 10 Sacks a year added to your team is alot better than nothing and probably would be more than any player we got playing this year sack numbers wise.  If we could add him for say 3 mil a year and under i would gladly bring him back in to the team.  The only problem i feel he had was his massive cap hit for what he was giving.  But for a lower cap hit he provided more than enough for cheap depth.

The dude has no desire to play or win. Doesn't matter how much physical talent you have if you don't have any fire inside. 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Another Dimi mistake. Drafted him ahead of Gurlie then gave him a fifth year option. Jeez. If we run off five straight and he's still out there I'd snap him up cause Talk and Fowled can't get to NFL QBs. Buddy can at least get some clean up coverage sacks. 

My man. That 5th year option still chaps my a$$.

31 minutes ago, dfsutton said:

The dude has no desire to play or win. Doesn't matter how much physical talent you have if you don't have any fire inside. 

The sad part in all of this is a dude that people think has no desire to play which could or could not be true. Has still been better than the guys we have on the team that it seems want to play badly?   I don't know how i feel about having and paying guys to be worse than the guy who doesn't care lol.  If beasley was that good while not caring i would have loved to see him if he did.  A Beasley that cares would have been a 15+ sack guy a year im guessing?

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im not saying he is great or even living up to his potential because he isn't.  But come on it's vet min at 2 mil he even at his worst and lack of effort provides more than 2 mil usually gives you just based on his numbers he has given over the years.   Just because he isn't giving you the 15 sacks a year he has the potential to doesn't mean he was giving you nothing.   What has takk and fowler given this year to be better or worth more than beasley had over the other years.   All im saying is for vet min he has provided more on a avg season than what the guys we already have are providing on much more money.   To me it's sorta sad that if he is really only giving half effort that his half effort is better than takk and fowler full effort for us thats just embarrasing for them.

so you want 3 losers instead of 2

You still have not answered my question quit skirting it.  Why are you ok with what we are getting from Fowler and Takk which is less than beasley did on avg here but not ok with belasey giving more at 2 mil.   Are you ok with giving them how much they are making compared to the 2 mil beasley would be making while atleast from what he gave us every year is more than what they have so far.  Would i be fine with having him back for 2 mil sure if he doesn't come back thats fine as well it doesn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things with him.   All im wanting to know is why it's ok for them to give less than what people hated about Vic the last few years while making more than the 2 mil he would be getting.    You 100000% absolutely have to say they are complete utter trash and want them gone as well because Fowler is making even more money than Beasley did here and Takk isn't even ever on the field in the 1st place.

Hey man are you 10?

LOL holy crap i didn't think i would have anyone in agreement with me at all on this one much less you.  It's not like i want him back on a big contract i just think he gets crapped on a ton more than he should based on how much people hated his contract last year.  I also don't understand how people were ok giving charles harris 2 million but not beasley O.o

Beasley doesn't really want to comment to playing the game at this level.. While he has the physical ability, his presence on any team is a cancer.. Thats my issue with the guy.. He just doesn't have the heart to play at this level 

57 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

The sad part in all of this is a dude that people think has no desire to play which could or could not be true. Has still been better than the guys we have on the team that it seems want to play badly?   I don't know how i feel about having and paying guys to be worse than the guy who doesn't care lol.  If beasley was that good while not caring i would have loved to see him if he did.  A Beasley that cares would have been a 15+ sack guy a year im guessing?

In that vein of thought... a Mike Vick, dedicated to football as much as he was to his posse,  dogfighting and gambling.... a dedicated Vick would have been -incredible-.

Sometimes, it seems like these players have so many physical gifts, they are also given huge flaws to offset those gifts.   To make them more human.   Vick didn't have self discipline.   Beasley didn't have a heart.    Both signed contracts they did not even -try- to live up to.

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

Let's not miss the fact that his running mate is Clowney who has also failed to register a sack, yet the Titans are playing for the playoffs.

Are sacks overrated?

Is being called a generational talent (Clowney) overrated?

Does any of it matter as long as you have Ryan Tannenhill?

Tannehill has come back down to earth after that insane 16 game stretch he had. Titans may fade unless he can pick up his play to MVP form again.