Titans Are Releasing Vic Beasley

athell

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

I don't think Beasley is dumb. He knows what he's doing.

He's very lazy and lacks passion for the game of football, but loves the money so it's hard for him to retire.

No no, I was calling the poster dumb not VB :)

4 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

for 2 million yes i am what vic provided on avg for us wasn't great by any means but **** it was alot more than the avg 2 mil guy would give you.  I feel we have had people making more than 2 mil a year that wouldn't even sniff 5 to 8 sacks a year.    Im not saying i would sign him for 6 mil a year or something like that.  Heck i think Charles Harris is making 2 million a year and no one can tell me Harris has done more than beasley has over their years in the nfl to earn that lol.    Im pretty sure Beasleys worst year in Sacks is = to Harris total number of sacks his entire career so far almost :D

You buy stuff off late night infomercials don't you?

10 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

Bring him home!

Only if:

• We go on a run and he's still out there
  • Talk and Fowl continue to suck
  • He comes in at a prorated vet min

Dude is a Georgia boy. Long time Falcon fan. Top 5 all time Falcon sack leader. Can probably rack up some coverage sacks while Talk and Fowl watch, then ride off in the sunset and start a church.

Just now, athell said:

When did I say I was ok with what we were getting from Fowler and Takk?  Please show me?

Fact is, Beasley is so bad and Beasley is so mental, I would literally prefer to trot your dumb *** out there at OLB than him because while not all that smart, you are at least putting effort in posting which is much more than I can say for Vic Beasley's effort on the field the past 3 years.

I am in no way happy with our pass rushers.  I don't want to throw more **** onto an already steaming pile of ****.  

1st off not once did i take a shot at you personally nor disrespect your intelligence in any way so i would appreciate it if you didn't do so as after being on these boards for so long and had tons of great debates i think i have earned not to be belittled like that.  I wouldn't do it to you even though theirs been numerous of times you have made bad/stupid suggestions and ideas others thought were terrible as well **** we all have. Theirs also been more than enough times i have been on the same side as you defending your thoughts on things over the years when others disagreed.   Doesn't mean any of us are not intelligent or are dumb assess it just means we see different scenarios differently.     Now as far as me being on that field maybe after highschool 15 years ago i could have done something for ya lol  I did get a scholarship offered from middle tennesee state as a full back in 01 so i could atleast hit someone well lol.  Going 38 on nov. 9th i would get demolished im not any good to ya these days my friend XD    I also appreciate you holding the others to the same standards as beasley and admitting you don't want their garbage they been showing so far out there either lol. 

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Only if:

• We go on a run
  • Talk and Fowl continue to suck
  • He comes in at a prorated vet min

Dude is a Falcon fan. Top 5 all time Falcon sack leader. 

LOL holy crap i didn't think i would have anyone in agreement with me at all on this one much less you.  It's not like i want him back on a big contract i just think he gets crapped on a ton more than he should based on how much people hated his contract last year.  I also don't understand how people were ok giving charles harris 2 million but not beasley O.o

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

1st off not once did i take a shot at you personally nor disrespect your intelligence in any way so i would appreciate it if you didn't do so as after being on these boards for so long and had tons of great debates i think i have earned not to be belittled like that.  I wouldn't do it to you even though theirs been numerous of times you have made bad/stupid suggestions and ideas others thought were terrible as well **** we all have. Theirs also been more than enough times i have been on the same side as you defending your thoughts on things over the years when others disagreed.   Doesn't mean any of us are not intelligent or are dumb assess it just means we see different scenarios differently.     Now as far as me being on that field maybe after highschool 15 years ago i could have done something for ya lol  I did get a scholarship offered from middle tennesee state as a full back in 01 so i could atleast hit someone well lol.  Going 38 on nov. 9th i would get demolished im not any good to ya these days my friend XD    I also appreciate you holding the others to the same standards as beasley and admitting you don't want their garbage they been showing so far out there either lol. 

You are right, I apologize.  I just REALLY REALLY do not want Vic back.  I think it's an awful idea.  Our pass rush sucks for sure, but in this case I believe it would be subtraction by addition.  There is no good that can come of it in my mind as if you trot him out there, he generates such little pressure he would be wasting snaps for younger guys like Means.  

Plus Vic was a mistake.  The 5th year extension was a mistake.  Them letting him walk was freeing themselves of the mistake.  I don't want the mistake back, especially now with all the drama in TEN.

Just now, athell said:

You are right, I apologize.  I just REALLY REALLY do not want Vic back.  I think it's an awful idea.  Our pass rush sucks for sure, but in this case I believe it would be subtraction by addition.  There is no good that can come of it in my mind as if you trot him out there, he generates such little pressure he would be wasting snaps for younger guys like Means.  

Plus Vic was a mistake.  The 5th year extension was a mistake.  Them letting him walk was freeing themselves of the mistake.  I don't want the mistake back, especially now with all the drama in TEN.

I appreciate the apology it's all good homie your just passionate as always on your stance no harm done.   I also understand why you and others don't want beasley back after finally getting rid of him.  I just look at it differently in the fact if we can have a guy like Harris making 2 mil theirs no way i wouldn't replace him with Beasley for 2 mil.  No matter how bad you or anyone else hated beasley you have to love him at that price more than Harris if we had to make the choice between the 2.  Imagine how mad you would be if we took harris in that same draft in the 1st which was very possible people had him linked to us a ton.  Now imagine how mad you would be at 5.5 sacks in 5 years compared to beasleys almost 40 sacks.  Now think to yourself if neither had ever been a Falcon so you had no heart or hatred on either of them based on them being your players over the years who would you rather have at that 2 mil right now as FA. 

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

I appreciate the apology it's all good homie your just passionate as always on your stance no harm done.   I also understand why you and others don't want beasley back after finally getting rid of him.  I just look at it differently in the fact if we can have a guy like Harris making 2 mil theirs no way i wouldn't replace him with Beasley for 2 mil.  No matter how bad you or anyone else hated beasley you have to love him at that price more than Harris if we had to make the choice between the 2.  Imagine how mad you would be if we took harris in that same draft in the 1st which was very possible people had him linked to us a ton.  Now imagine how mad you would be at 5.5 sacks in 5 years compared to beasleys almost 40 sacks.  Now think to yourself if neither had ever been a Falcon so you had no heart or hatred on either of them based on them being your players over the years who would you rather have at that 2 mil right now as FA. 

I just think Vic is broken mentally.  I don't think we can assume he would give us any kind of production at this point.  It was an incredibly alarming offseason for him.  Plus there's the fact that we are 2-6, and while not mathematically eliminated, we aren't an edge rusher away from a playoff push.

9 minutes ago, athell said:

I just think Vic is broken mentally.  I don't think we can assume he would give us any kind of production at this point.  It was an incredibly alarming offseason for him.  Plus there's the fact that we are 2-6, and while not mathematically eliminated, we aren't an edge rusher away from a playoff push.

It's very possible he is but 2 mil is honestly meh money at this point to see.  Theirs nothing else at 2 mil we could realistically get to make a big difference.  Probably better to roll it over to next year as i don't think we are making the playoffs at 2-6 as you said.  But i'll also say with how often Takk stays injured i don't think atleast talent wise and athleticism wise 2 mil would get you better than what Vic did give us on avg all those years.  He's a guy that comes in knows the scheme and plays straight away. 

Now with that said im the same way with Jamaal Anderson at DE.  I hated that guy coming out of college never wanted him drafted even in the 4th round earliest i said i would take him is 5th round.  I hated him on the team his entire time here and if someone would offer me him at 2 mil back i would slap them so i feel ya but i for sure think Beasley was better than him.  He to me is a Bust beasley really didn't bust at all he just didn't live up to elite game changer status we had hoped.  He still out played every other DE around his position drafted i think.

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

Vic was never that guy.  Said it from the jump.

I can't say i thought so from the jump as i was a fan of his coming from college.  I still think he done alright for himself compared to alot of players in that draft on a per year basis.  We really didn't have any other Edge rushers in that draft you could have taken in the 1st who would have done better than him.   The only other 3 guys that were 1st round guys linked to us are Fowler, Ray, and Harris.  We now have 3 of those 4 on our team over their 1st 5 years and Beasley atleast until this point was the best of the group on a year by year basis.

40 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

LOL holy crap i didn't think i would have anyone in agreement with me at all on this one much less you.  It's not like i want him back on a big contract i just think he gets crapped on a ton more than he should based on how much people hated his contract last year.  I also don't understand how people were ok giving charles harris 2 million but not beasley O.o

Buddy is the fifth all time Falcon sack leader. Talk and Fowl are on pace for a combined 6 sacks in 2020. Jeez. Dude was always a second half guy. He could probably out produce em based on what I've seen.

Truth be told I was on the Beasley train in 2015 up until the week before that draft when I switched to Gurlie which was absolutely our best move. Beasley sucked but perhaps not as much as Takk and Fowler. 

If we go on a run and he's still out there I'd see if he wants to pick up a mil or two and play out the season for his favorite team. I think he could at least pick up a few coverage sacks. Then go start a church.

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Why not?  Yall are acting like he was complete and utter trash.  The main problem with beasley was the amount he was making on his contract.  Theirs no way someone can sit her and tell me 2 mil is to much to pay for someone who will get you almost a guaranteed 5 to 8 sacks a year.   But yet it's ok to give Fowler 15 mil a year for giving you less than that on avg for his career.   Beasley isn't great we all know that but he is **** sure worth vet min of 2 mil and still providing more sacks than the rest of our team offers on a yearly basis. 

Why not use that 2 mil on somebody who gives a ****? This D has enough inconsistency as it is without adding that apathetic bozo to the mix.

Just now, Pacific_Falcon said:

Why not use that 2 mil on somebody who gives a ****? This D has enough inconsistency as it is without adding that apathetic bozo to the mix.

Because he gave more than 2 mil worth of production ever year?  The fact is even with being inconsistent he has given us more than anything we have right now on this team so far. 

1 hour ago, JetJones11 said:

Could have traded him last year but no we had to compete in a lost season ... and now .... we get nothing .... why do we seem to draft guys with absolutely no heart ? (Takk, Vic, Duke Riley come to mind)

Its what you get when you have a former groundskeeper as GM....  and the ultimate players' coach to coach your team.

Our coach staff ruined Beasley by not holding Beasley accountable for his lack of production.  Beasley needed to be benched....if/when Vic got another opportunity, it would have been up to Vic to produce, or be gone.

This is why I want former players in the GM and HC spots.   They are more able to spot slackers and get them to produce or get rid of them.