Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, I'm never right. I just complain with hindsight.

They dont pick up that flag if he's a falcon.

I don't know what PI is. I could be an NFL ref.

10 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Come on homie...I know you don’t believe that crap.

Oh I absolutely do.

Despite being pretty relevant for the better part of 2 decades ....we still rarely get the border line calls.

The carolina game was just an example....and that is not even counting how they essentially got a free time out.

To be clear.... I don't think the NFL is activly screwing us...I just think that they do not care about getting it right for our games.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Ricardo Allen, a guy who @Knight of God said for years was highly overrated and the rest of this board refused to acknowledge it.

He wasn’t the only one. @Knight of God and I have been saying that for years. Both of us begged for Eddie Jackson, but were met with “bUt We hAvE rIcO!”, or, “cAn He rUsH tHe pAsSeR?”. $hit was beyond annoying. If the person can play then you draft him. Rico never had the range to be a true single high safety. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

He wasn’t the only one. @Knight of God and I have been saying that for years. Both of us begged for Eddie Jackson, but were met with “bUt We hAvE rIcO!”, or, “cAn He rUsH tHe pAsSeR?”. $hit was beyond annoying. If the person can play then you draft him. Rico never had the range to be a true single high safety. 

So if some can see that what were our coaches and GM looking at ?

Whose idea was it to convert him to safety and why didn’t we just leave him as a NB.Probably would have saved millions of valuable CAP dollars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

So if some can see that what were our coaches and GM looking at ?

Whose idea was it to convert him to safety and why didn’t we just leave him as a NB.Probably would have saved millions of valuable CAP dollars.

Actually was a cap-smart move early on. The problem was when DQ arrogantly thinking he was so smart in believing Rico was the long- term answer there and they extended him. You can’t do that with JAGs. And it all went downhill from there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I strongly believe that our Falcon's get more calls against them than do other WINNING franchises. Why? It's just like Michael Jordan, Lebron, Shaq, etc. Great players, great teams, get the benefit of the doubt. How do we get more calls? Make your own luck and become a perennial winning franchise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

So if some can see that what were our coaches and GM looking at ?

Whose idea was it to convert him to safety and why didn’t we just leave him as a NB.Probably would have saved millions of valuable CAP dollars.

My best guess is that Quinn was too much of a “players’ coach” to get rid of players that were underperforming. He had “his guys” and they were loyal to him. So they essentially helped with buy-in to the Brotherhood mentality. Part of it could have been hubris too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

My best guess is that Quinn was too much of a “players’ coach” to get rid of players that were underperforming. He had “his guys” and they were loyal to him. So they essentially helped with buy-in to the Brotherhood mentality. Part of it could have been hubris too. 

Understand that.

But coming from that Seattle defense he must have known how important that spine of the defense was.God knows how he thought he could run a defense with a safety who doesn’t have the range.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

A couple of years ago the whole board loved DQ loved his catch phrases.Like anything it only goes so far.Same same for Rico.

Couple (few) of years ago we were in the Superbowl too. Things change fast in NFL.

I like Rico, he was put in a bad spot he was barely qualified to do and then had a horrible injury. No way he comes back to an even level. 

Past time to move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...