Whoever was in the room on draft day when Falcons drafted Takk needs to be fired.

He was a terrible pick. We couldnt even trade him for a Coke machine. Anyone that scouted him, brought up his name and voted yes on drafting this dude should be given their walking papers today. He was hurt when he was drafted. He had mental issues. He was just an all around terrible pick. And dont even get me started with Vic Beasley. You cant whiff that many times on early round picks and expect to be successful. AJ Terrell and Ridley look to be better but we also took Ridley with Lamar Jackson sitting on the board. Our front office is trained wrong and drafts poorly. You dont  leave a Heisman trophy winning  QB on the board for a WR when you already had depth at WR. 

Edited by Refried Beans
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean, they were.  Takk over TJ Watt who literally everyone wanted will be hard to ******* forget. There have been SO many picks like this over TD’s time here.  Still haunted by Peria Jerry

He was a terrible pick. We couldnt even trade him for a Coke machine. Anyone that scouted him, brought up his name and voted yes on drafting this dude should be given their walking papers today. He wa

Are you high? I think two of them mainly responsible are gone.

1 minute ago, Refried Beans said:

He was a terrible pick. We couldnt even trade him for a Coke machine. Anyone that scouted him, brought up his name and voted yes on drafting this dude should be given their walking papers today. He was hurt when he was drafted. He had mental issues. He was just an all around terrible pick. And dont even get me started with Vic Beasley. You cant whiff that many times on early round picks and expect to be successful. AJ Terrell and Ridley look to be better but we also took Ridley with Lamar Jackson sitting on the board. Our front office is trained wrong and drafts poorly. You dont  leave a Heisman trophy winning  QB on the board for a WR when you already had depth at WR. 

Are you high? I think two of them mainly responsible are gone.

6 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Lamar Jackson is gonna have to improve much as a passer inorder to last in the NFL. Stop him from using his legs, then he's below average as an effective QB.

Mike Tomlin just made a statement about the Steelers playing Lamar Jackson saying "We respect Lamar Jackson, but we don't fear him."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/02/mike-tomlin-we-respect-lamar-jackson-but-dont-fear-him/amp/

8 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I believe you're trying too hard. Everybody ain't that bad. Maybe we're not that good overall. Compared to a lot of fan bases, we suck. So, it's the entire culture, not just a few players. Takk was perfect for what we needed, as was Beasley. Those are picks you really can't get mad about. 

Vic had one good year and that was when we had D Freeney helping take up people to free up Beasley. Beasley was projected as a mid 20 pick and we took him 8th. We by passed more talented players like Bud Dupree for Beasley. He was another REACH in a long line of reaches. 

Edited by Refried Beans

Falcons are 2-6 and going on their third year with a losing record. Somebody in the front office needs to take their "Analytics" and pack their desk. This isnt Moneyball. We arent drafting based on OB Percentage. This is football, where SIZE mattters, SPEED matters, but so does intelligence and several other factors that a computer wont give you. Was Takk even brought in and interviewed before he was drafted? A personal interview with this dude should have made it clear to stay away. 

7 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Falcons are 2-6 and going on their third year with a losing record. Somebody in the front office needs to take their "Analytics" and pack their desk. This isnt Moneyball. We arent drafting based on OB Percentage. This is football, where SIZE mattters, SPEED matters, but so does intelligence and several other factors that a computer wont give you. Was Takk even brought in and interviewed before he was drafted? A personal interview with this dude should have made it clear to stay away. 

TD has been given his walking papers, and when a new GM is hired, many others in the scouting department will be going also.

28 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Why would they take Lamar Jackson over MR2  2-3 years ago.

Stop with that ****e.

As for the athlete over the football player welcome to the world of analytics 

Idk if its luck or skill and insight.. But at some point and time i do question why we lose out on some many successful players and end up with bust.. And we've had alot of draft bust in the early rounds.. Too many for it to be a coincidence imo

19 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Vic had one good year and that was when we had D Freeney helping take up people to free up Beasley. Beasley was projected as a mid 20 pick and we took him 8th. We by passed more talented players like Bud Dupree for Beasley. He was another REACH in a long line of reaches. 

Beasley was a good player in college. Things didn't work out here. No need to cry about it.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Beasley was a good player in college. Things didn't work out here. No need to cry about it.

Things arnt working out for Beasley even after joining another team.. I dont believe it was just a Falcons thing with Beasley.. He, like Takk should never have been drafted

26 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

This is just factually incorrect. He was a consensus top 5-10 pick.

here ya go:

https://nflmocks.com/2015/03/28/vic-beasley-2015-nfl-draft-scouting-report-and-profile/2/

30 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Idk if its luck or skill and insight.. But at some point and time i do question why we lose out on some many successful players and end up with bust.. And we've had alot of draft bust in the early rounds.. Too many for it to be a coincidence imo

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

Not high, Takk is terrible, he does nothing, shows nothing and needs to go, and here we sit going into yet ANOTHER draft working on d-line and secondary. Isiah Oliver trash too. These dudes are so bad you cant even trade them to teams as back ups. 

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I believe you're trying too hard. Everybody ain't that bad. Maybe we're not that good overall. Compared to a lot of fan bases, we suck. So, it's the entire culture, not just a few players. Takk was perfect for what we needed, as was Beasley. Those are picks you really can't get mad about. 

This is the way I see it.... the Falcons are what you can potentially get, when a team practices needs-based drafting.   The team you end up with will not be as talented as the team you -could- have had.

Now, needs based drafting -can- work if the coaching staff is really good at bringing out a players' potential, and the FO can find serviceable players.   With pass rushers being so essential these days....the Falcons' failures there have minimized any progress the team has made in other areas.

Throw in the turmoil that results when DC's and OC's are constantly coming and going.... the lack of philosophy and vision....and the constant desire of the owner to win Right Now, instead of implementing a long term developmental plan for the franchise.... what you get, is the Atlanta Falcons.

Now the Falcons are trapped in the win now mode because of the short period of time Ryan and Julio figure to be effective.   Which is why I want the team to hire a veteran coach who already knows how to win.

33 minutes ago, Redjack said:

I mean, they were. 

Takk over TJ Watt who literally everyone wanted will be hard to ******* forget. There have been SO many picks like this over TD’s time here. 

Still haunted by Peria Jerry over Clay Mathews.

Wish I had seen your post, I would have 'quoted' you too.... see my post right below yours.   

1 hour ago, Slumerican said:

You reckon I think our early draft picks are for the most part have been building blocks for this team.

53 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

This is the way I see it.... the Falcons are what you can potentially get, when a team practices needs-based drafting.   The team you end up with will not be as talented as the team you -could- have had.

Now, needs based drafting -can- work if the coaching staff is really good at bringing out a players' potential, and the FO can find serviceable players.   With pass rushers being so essential these days....the Falcons' failures there have minimized any progress the team has made in other areas.

Throw in the turmoil that results when DC's and OC's are constantly coming and going.... the lack of philosophy and vision....and the constant desire of the owner to win Right Now, instead of implementing a long term developmental plan for the franchise.... what you get, is the Atlanta Falcons.

Now the Falcons are trapped in the win now mode because of the short period of time Ryan and Julio figure to be effective.   Which is why I want the team to hire a veteran coach who already knows how to win.

I believe you are right in alot of the observations you've made.. Only issue, were not a win now team.. We have a few premier players, very little depth and too many bottom basement players that has little to no impact on the game.. 

Like it or not, Blank needs to accept the fact its time to rebuild.. 

12 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

You reckon I think our early draft picks are for the most part have been building blocks for this team.

Ridley has honestly been the only one thats earned his paycheck.. And imo, when we have supposedly the best receiver in the league it shouldn't have even happened.. Pretty soon we're either going to have to pay Julio or Ridley.. Julio is aging and I dont believe Ridley can be a #1 receiver so imo we're back to the drawing board.. 

Do you believe Ridley can be a #1 and carry this team after Julio?? 

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

In all my born draft days,, I have never been so upset when they called his name..  with all that talent in that draft.. I've never ever been so disappointed even when we drafted him. He looked like skin and bones.. and I have no understanding why. He looked like a puny WR.  Now, I'm not just saying it.. if you watched that draft.. You saw it too. I wish him the best , but he's not  naturally built to play DE.  And I'm being nice.. Worst 1st round pick in the History of this team.. IMO.

14 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Ridley has honestly been the only one thats earned his paycheck.. And imo, when we have supposedly the best receiver in the league it shouldn't have even happened.. Pretty soon we're either going to have to pay Julio or Ridley.. Julio is aging and I dont believe Ridley can be a #1 receiver so imo we're back to the drawing board.. 

Do you believe Ridley can be a #1 and carry this team after Julio?? 

But if we didn't have JJ ,,  I don't think we'd have one win this year.  Truth Dudebro.  JJ is totally opposite of Ridley,, And when he's on ,, He's better than Ridley.. 

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

I wanted tj watt and was a little upset when we took takk. But was inspired when I seen how he played. But at the end of the day his health is his biggest down fall. The front 4 the start of the year was getting to the QB. When takk went down that started to go away. If health a full season I think he is a double digit guy. Yet he can't stay healthy and why we are moving on

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

But if we didn't have JJ ,,  I don't think we'd have one win this year.  Truth Dudebro.  JJ is totally opposite of Ridley,, And when he's on ,, He's better than Ridley.. 

No doubt, and thats my point.. Ridley isn't the answer and we cant depend on Julio much longer.. The Ridley pick was like a drug.. It felt good at the time, but itll cost you more money than you want to spend and hang around longer than it should