Jump to content

Cocktail Party 2020 - #8 Florida vs #5 Georgia


Carter
 Share

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

Why would he be gone? He hasn’t been healthy enough to play?

Daniels wants to play from what I understand but there is disagreement about him being ready and his knee is a part of that. He had a rough introduction with the team, rubbed a lot of them the wrong way with a cocky attitude. I would prefer that he stays. But from what I understand he’s frustrated about not getting a chance. Beck is already checked out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Bama, 

I hear you.  Please look from an all Georgia fan.  Since our last National championship.  Alabama has had 6.  Everything else we have suffered together with pertaining the Falcons, Braves and Hawks.  You have felt that glory.  I am 44 and both championships I have been alive for I was deployed and too young to remember.  Many here just hurt so much that every QB, or great defense or great start in a game just gets punched in the teeth.  This is just so much hype and so much disappointment.  You have Alabama so you will never understand our disappointment and heartbreak.  You felt it one season in 2016 but this is a reoccurring and endless nightmare for us Georgia and Georgia sports fans. 

 

This just hurts and keeps hurting.  

    

I was raised in GA and live here now, so I have lived thru all those painful Falcon and Braves losses. I know how it feels, believe me!

 I went to Bama after Bear, during the awful years when Bo Jackson was at Auburn. I lived thru some tough days, years, at Bama too.

 I agree it has been tough for GA fans, and I know the pain, but I believe it will get better!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Daniels wants to play from what I understand but there is disagreement about him being ready and his knee is a part of that. He had a rough introduction with the team, rubbed a lot of them the wrong way with a cocky attitude. I would prefer that he stays. But from what I understand he’s frustrated about not getting a chance. Beck is already checked out. 

I’ve heard the same outside of the bolded stuff. What I’ve heard is he understands he isn’t ready and he hasn’t had the best practices as a result. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I was raised in GA and live here now, so I have lived thru all those painful Falcon and Braves losses. I know how it feels, believe me!

 I went to Bama after Bear, during the awful years when Bo Jackson was at Auburn. I lived thru some tough days, years, at Bama too.

 I agree it has been tough for GA fans, and I know the pain, but I believe it will get better!

You got 6 championships with Bama. Potential a seventh.  I just want to see one of my teams win. One of my Marine Corps buddies is from Boston area.  Until the Falcons debacle, he never new of the championships.  When I broke down to him how I have never seen any of my teams win.  He always calls to check on me.  He had to use me as an example to his buddies of all the championships his patriots saw and his friends were griping they will not win this year.  Some do not see what GA sports teams see.        

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

Probably isn’t disclosing that JT isn’t ready, just to keep the opponent guessing.  I’m totally fine with him not disclosing it, just like I’m fine with him not disclosing the exact injury someone has, such as a lower body, or upper body injury.

I don't understand how the dude is not ready! Go and look at his stats as a TRUE FRESHMAN against Notre Dame! The dude lite them up with no turnovers! They need to put him in ......... Never mind the season is over

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

I don't understand how the dude is not ready! Go and look at his stats as a TRUE FRESHMAN against Notre Dame! The dude lite them up with no turnovers! They need to put him in ......... Never mind the season is over

Health reasons. Not, we’ll mostly not, skill reasons. Medically cleared does not equal game ready. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point, I’d prefer the JT and Vandy competition next year. With the assumption that JT wins and is gone after 1 year or Vandy is good enough to take it as a freshman. I’d be shocked if option #2 happened unless we can back to normal spring practices.... which I’d be surprised if we do. The jump from Prince Ave to SEC is steep. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I’m so glad I never got emotionally invested in this season with everything else going on. The pain is still real tho ☹️

This board is probably going to be filled with the trolls and the haters for the next couple weeks. They’re already coming out of the woodwork tonight. 
 

 

Ha, same. As soon as Stet was forced to come in I let my hopes down some. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

Health reasons. Not, we’ll mostly not, skill reasons. Medically cleared does not equal game ready. 

My problem with that is thats all Kirby talked about leading up to the 1st game of the season! Even on game day morning saying Daniels could be cleared this morning to play then all of a sudden he is cleared and now Kirby can't say why he is not playing and goes out his way not to even talk about the guy! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...