How surprised would you be if the Falcons hired Rex Ryan as the new head coach?

I've been thinking about the possibility of Rex Ryan as Falcons head coach.  

He would definitely improve our defense.

He would toughen up our lines.

He would give Matt Ryan a run game.

I know that Rex Ryan was mediocre most of his career but imagine what he could have done with Matt Ryan as his QB. 

Matt Ryan would have a defense and a running game with Rex Ryan.

Rex Ryan's personality would be a good fit on our locker room in my opinion. And he's not afraid to get on your butt if you mess up. 

He is a leader of men. IMO.

At the very least I would love Rex as our DC but I think he only wants HC.

What do you guys think the chances are the Falcons hire Rex Ryan? I have a feeling Rex Ryan wants to come here. He already said he would have won 2 championships for the Falcons if he was our HC.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya’ll are drunk.

I thought us fans were done with the "rah rah" and HC's talking out of their ***es?   You get even more of that with Rex.

Lmfao Nooooo. I remember the large group of people that wanted him the last time his name was brought up. I absolutely hated him as a HC. Told everyone that he was a bad HC and everyone kept saying th

Posted Images

Lmfao Nooooo. I remember the large group of people that wanted him the last time his name was brought up. I absolutely hated him as a HC. Told everyone that he was a bad HC and everyone kept saying that, “hE DiDn’T hAvE a qB!”. The amount of apoplectic comments I received was staggering. Lo and behold he gets his 2nd tenure with the Bills and absolutely bombs AGAIN. Dude can’t draft, can’t lead, is a sideshow, and has failed TWICE as a HC. 

The only way it makes sense for Rex to come to the Falcons(or any team for that matter), is as a DC.

He's made it clear that he wants a HC job or he's staying as an analyst and occasional commentator.

......welp, Rex can stay where he's at. There's a reason no one is blowing up his phone for HC openings.

I can't believe Ryan's name keeps being brought up here.  Just hope Arthur Blank doesn't have him in his rolodex.  

Anyway, no thanks, we've already had Rex Ryan coach the Falcons.  Back then he went by the name Jerry Glanville.  

Ryan has a losing record.  And that's over eight years with two teams with good rosters.  

In fact, his record is worse than Dan Quinn's, young Jim Mora's, or Wade Phillips'.  

I'd rather have ol' Wade than Rex x100.  

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I can't believe Ryan's name keeps being brought up here.  Just hope Arthur Blank doesn't have him in his rolodex.  

Anyway, no thanks, we've already had Rex Ryan coach the Falcons.  Back then he went by the name Jerry Glanville.  

Ryan has a losing record.  And that's over eight years with two teams with good rosters.  

In fact, his record is worse than Dan Quinn's, young Jim Mora's, or Wade Phillips'.  

Rex said that he would have won 2 championships for the Falcons if he was our head coach lol. I think he wants to coach here. 

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

you also have to consider though, it would give people here a double whammy, they could ***** about the coach and the QB but only have to say one name, thus saving them some typing. 

I think that's the reason so many want(ed) him, they're getting lazy and it would make the *****ing a little more efficient 

:ninja::lol:

8 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Rex said that he would have won 2 championships for the Falcons if he was our head coach lol. I think he wants to coach here. 

The Falcons might've had some success very early on. But Rex's circus media acts would've worn thin within the FO and in the locker room rather quickly.

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

you also have to consider though, it would give people here a double whammy, they could ***** about the coach and the QB but only have to say one name, thus saving them some typing. 

I think that's the reason so many want(ed) him, they're getting lazy and it would make the *****ing a little more efficient 

:ninja::lol:

1 hour ago, Dr_truth189 said:

No it didn't, it comes out in 8 days on November 10th. But I'll allow it because your football takes are solid.

Really???

Why did the Gamestop that I went to told me 22nd of October?

Oh....just remembered it was for the pre-orders as I'm typing. My bad lol.