Belichick Admits To Something TD Never Would

FalconsIn2012

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dimi had to purge 13 players to field a 2020 roster. Six starters. So far it looks like ten were downgrades. We are 2-6. Keep blaming it on coaching.

Who coached players to watch an onside kick instead of take the W?

Who abandoned the run up 16 in the 4th Q half way through it?

Who didn’t kneel and kick a FG as time expired; thereby not giving the ball back?

Coaching ALONE prevented us from 5-3. Imagine if good coaching were a thing in ATL...

It was all TD tho! /s

PS: We’d still be in easier to manage shape had Covid not reduced next years salary by an unprecedented amount. Guess we need global pandemics to create your reality...

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

If TD didn’t leave this team in cap hail then there’s no such thing as cap hail per the experts. TD did a good manipulating the cap this year, but regardless you got to pay the piper sooner or later. The bottom line is TD didn’t get it done, couldn’t put the pieces in place during the JJ MR era. What a shame....

28-3 in the Super Bowl

”TD failed”

:lol:

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

It’s not imaginary, but it’s not the death kneel you folks make it out to be either. Somehow TD managed to sign Gurley, Fowler et al last offseason after everyone (including you) claimed we were in cap hades.. And we’ll sign some FA next year too.

We still have one of the more talented teams in the league. Coaching has been this team’s #1 problem, not retaining talent.

Exactly. I think one of the best things that a new coach will do is that he doesn't have any ties to these players. Each player will have to earn their spot in the lineup. The way you drive players to get better is open competition for all spots. I think some guys have gotten a little too comfortable under Quinn due to draft status. 

You see the same thing with the topic soccer teams in Europe. The top teams have enough players to fill out two teams. Every practice you are fighting for your chance to start in the upcoming games. It drives players to take their game to the next level.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

28-3 in the Super Bowl

”TD failed”

I still think TD got a raw deal. Having Mckay constantly looking over his shoulder and I still think the Koetter hiring was forced on him and Quinn. His pass happy offense doesn't fit with Quinns philosophy.

TD built the most talented rosters we ever had as a Falcons fan. He had his fair share of mistakes but that happens to the best GM's in the league. Whatever we do, we better hire a GM first. It is imperative that you have a GM and coach who are in-sync on how to build a team. 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dimi had to purge 13 players to field a 2020 roster. Six starters. So far it looks like ten were downgrades. We are 2-6. Keep blaming it on coaching.

And how are they (those 6 starters we ‘purged’) doing bro? Tru? Lol. Free? LOL. Campbell? LOL. Sanu? LOL. Wes is doing okay, but he’s nothing special. Who else? $13M man Hooper? Come on man, every single one of them (sans Wes) got replaced by younger, cheaper talents with upside. This is how the NFL works.

And I will continue to blame coaching until it’s fixed....been calling out Quinn for 3+ years, long before most of ya’ll caught up with me. Get a decent coaching staff in here and this is a playoff team.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Who coached players to watch an onside kick instead of take the W?

Who abandoned the run up 16 in the 4th Q half way through it?

Who didn’t kneel and kick a FG as time expired; thereby not giving the ball back?

Coaching ALONE prevented us from 5-3. Imagine if good coaching were a thing in ATL...

It was all TD tho! /s

PS: We’d still be in easier to manage shape had Covid not reduced next years salary by an unprecedented amount. Guess we need global pandemics to create your reality...

Who dropped a game winning TD?

Who threw a game sealing pick?

Who scored a TD when told not to?

That’s poor execution by talented players that cost us three wins. Didn’t have a dam thing to do with coaching.

37 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Who dropped a game winning TD?

Who threw a game sealing pick?

Who scored a TD when told not to?

That’s poor execution by talented players that cost us three wins. Didn’t have a dam thing to do with coaching.

Lol what nonsense. Game winning TD? When after that the onside kick recovery would have sealed it? Why did the STs coach get fired along with Dan?

Game sealing pick doesn’t happen if you run the ball up 16 with 8 minutes left. Gurley was averaging 6 YPC and we abandoned the run. 

How dense are you?

Morris admitted he should have just kneeled with Matt since strategy was playing for a FG and not to score.  He told you the Lions game was on him as a result.

Coaching controls variables. Hello!?

If all you are willing or capable of doing is looking at ONLY the results of a play, you will never hold coaching accountable!

But, you are the same guy that defends 11 point lead in the SB with 3mins left wasn’t worth playing for the FG and don’t think strategy cost us a SB. :doh: “Execution is the only factor” so let’s keep DQ and Dirk?

2 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Exactly. I think one of the best things that a new coach will do is that he doesn't have any ties to these players. Each player will have to earn their spot in the lineup. The way you drive players to get better is open competition for all spots. I think some guys have gotten a little too comfortable under Quinn due to draft status. 

You see the same thing with the topic soccer teams in Europe. The top teams have enough players to fill out two teams. Every practice you are fighting for your chance to start in the upcoming games. It drives players to take their game to the next level.

No salary cap in Europe it’s an arms race.

The rich get richer the Leicester City’s of the world turn up once every couple of decades.

39 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

No salary cap in Europe it’s an arms race.

The rich get richer the Leicester City’s of the world turn up once every couple of decades.

Agreed. It is a different type of league. I was making the point that competition drives you to get better. Some guys are driven and don’t need that, but other guys need that constant push. Too many guys got comfortable.

4 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

28-3 in the Super Bowl

”TD failed”

Seriously a sack away from covering the coaching error. A good edge rusher would’ve made the difference. 
But you do know TD made the call to DQ to throw the ball again after JJ made thAt miraculous catch.😜

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

As opposed to who before him.Those who cast stones haven’t been Falcon fans very long.Cast your mind back.

Thomas I changed expectations Dimitroff.

Because there were non before I got here history proves this.

I’ve been a Falcon STH since 1985 and a fan since at least 75, so go preach that nonsense to someone else bro. I ain’t buying. AB finally realized TDs not the right one. He was at least one year late but if he could do over he would’ve fired along with Mike Smith. MR2 has carried this franchise and is the only reason TD lasted that long. 

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’ve been a Falcon STH since 1985 and a fan since at least 75, so go preach that nonsense to someone else bro. I ain’t buying. AB finally realized TDs not the right one. He was at least one year late but if he could do over he would’ve fired along with Mike Smith. MR2 has carried this franchise and is the only reason TD lasted that long. 

So you’ve been a fan that long yet TD isn’t any better than what we’ve had.You sure you been around that long.

So please tell me who was GM when this team should have won the 2016 SB.Should have been fired I think he proved that AB fired the right person.

Dont make laugh the expectations have never been as high since TDs been the GM anyone been around long enough knows this.