Jump to content

Belichick Admits To Something TD Never Would


FalconsIn2012
 Share

Recommended Posts

It would have been nice if TD could have accepted this instead of kicking out debts down the road every year.  Our new regime will likely have to deal with this Year 1

 

Bill Belichick to Sirius XM NFL Radio: "This is kind of the year that we've taken to, I would say, adjust our cap from the spending that we've had in accumulation of prior years. We just haven't been able to have the kind of depth on our roster that we've had in some other years."
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Rich McKay already said he's not intimidated by the salary cap and knows how to manipulate the numbers

Yeah right...TD could not manage the cap when we had good players. He did a good job until Pioli found some talent. Glad TDs gone ...dude sucked at trenches and pass rushers....TROFFED. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jesus said:

Belichick is making excuses for his team's poor performance. Too much time spent this off-season hocking bad sub sandwiches.

No half of BB team chose not to play this year and he lost the GOAT. BB is the GOAT HCs in NFL. 

Edited by Atl Falcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Atl Falcon said:

No half of BB team  hose not to play this year and he lost the GOAT. BB is the GOAT HCs in NFL. 

He has total control. He has been filling the team with middle talent for years. It was bound to happen. He's gonna get Lawrence just watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It would have been nice if TD could have accepted this instead of kicking out debts down the road every year.  Our new regime will likely have to deal with this Year 1

 

Bill Belichick to Sirius XM NFL Radio: "This is kind of the year that we've taken to, I would say, adjust our cap from the spending that we've had in accumulation of prior years. We just haven't been able to have the kind of depth on our roster that we've had in some other years."
 

 

We'll have to adjust the cap table Dimi left us with. We're sitting on a $25M 2021 cap deficit with only 32 players under contract. Several of em suck bad. We'll probably have to cut five players to help get us to the zero space level. Likely have to restructure some players and kick some hits further down the road. The new regime will have serious challenges.

Most of TATF think the cap is imaginary and can easily be manipulated. Appears Mckay and Blank do too. I don't think so. We shall soon see. We'll struggle to sign our draft class and have to sign 10 UDFAs at the $500K level just to field a roster. Our depth will be comical. Our only hope is the league pardons the Covid revenues and raises the cap. Troffed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It would have been nice if TD could have accepted this instead of kicking out debts down the road every year.  Our new regime will likely have to deal with this Year 1

 

Bill Belichick to Sirius XM NFL Radio: "This is kind of the year that we've taken to, I would say, adjust our cap from the spending that we've had in accumulation of prior years. We just haven't been able to have the kind of depth on our roster that we've had in some other years."
 

 

Problem is that Belichick has more than enough equity in his tenure with the Patriots, so he could admit this without repercussions. TD’s tenure with the Falcons was so tenuous that this type of revelation would have surely brought “gloom and doom” to this franchise. Even more so than it already is. Money issues are apparent this year, and they will continue to be a problem for the next few years. We kicked the can down the road so many times; it’s now time to pay the piper. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We'll have to adjust the cap table Dimi left us with. We're sitting on a $25M 2021 cap deficit with only 32 players under contract. Several of em suck bad. We'll probably have to cut five players to help get us to the zero space level. Likely have to restructure some players and kick some hits further down the road. The new regime will have serious challenges.

Most of TATF think the cap is imaginary and can easily be manipulated. Appears Mckay and Blank do too. I don't think so. We shall soon see. We'll struggle to sign our draft class and have to sign 10 UDFAs at the $500K level just to field a roster. Our depth will be comical. Our only hope is the league pardons the Covid revenues and raises the cap. Troffed.

It’s not imaginary, but it’s not the death kneel you folks make it out to be either. Somehow TD managed to sign Gurley, Fowler et al last offseason after everyone (including you) claimed we were in cap hades.. And we’ll sign some FA next year too.

We still have one of the more talented teams in the league. Coaching has been this team’s #1 problem, not retaining talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It would have been nice if TD could have accepted this instead of kicking out debts down the road every year.  Our new regime will likely have to deal with this Year 1

 

Bill Belichick to Sirius XM NFL Radio: "This is kind of the year that we've taken to, I would say, adjust our cap from the spending that we've had in accumulation of prior years. We just haven't been able to have the kind of depth on our roster that we've had in some other years."
 

 

That and the fact he has SuperCamSham as his QB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It’s not imaginary, but it’s not the death kneel you folks make it out to be either. Somehow TD managed to sign Gurley, Fowler et al last offseason after everyone (including you) claimed we were in cap hades.. And we’ll sign some FA next year too.

We still have one of the more talented teams in the league. Coaching has been this team’s #1 problem, not retaining talent.

Dimi had to purge 13 players to field a 2020 roster. Six starters. So far it looks like ten were downgrades. We are 2-6. Keep blaming it on coaching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If TD didn’t leave this team in cap hail then there’s no such thing as cap hail per the experts. TD did a good manipulating the cap this year, but regardless you got to pay the piper sooner or later. The bottom line is TD didn’t get it done, couldn’t put the pieces in place during the JJ MR era. What a shame....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...