Jump to content

November 2020 Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

from SoFl Dawg - 11/19 So…recruiting update. Heard this morning that Xavian Sorey may stay with his initial timeline which is before Thanksgiving. If he chooses to do so, we’re sticking with

It's official. Yuuuuuge pickup for Coach Scott.  

Tomorrow is going to be a great day! Get those GIFs ready. Our 22 DL class is going to be great 

On 11/24/2020 at 9:11 AM, 007dawg said:

I see where Xavier Worthy is visiting Bama . Wish we could add another speed guy like Arian Smith.  Not sure if there is room in this class

The way Jermaine Burton has emerged in last two games, I believe WRs will look more favorably on UGA.    Especially since he is a Freshman. Arian Smith caught a TD as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

The way Jermaine Burton has emerged in last two games, I believe WRs will look more favorably on UGA.    Especially since he is a Freshman. Arian Smith caught a TD as well.

It also helps being able to put out a QB that can hit said targets. We weren’t really in on a lot of WRs this year but expect us to be in for some big targets next year and the year after

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cockybrit said:

Any chance Bobo jobs as QB/WR Coach?  Any chance Will Muschamp comes aboard?

Doubtful on Bobo. If Bobo doesn't stay on at South Carolina, he will have offers for OC elsewhere. Word on that was he wanted to bring his own guys in and Kirby wasn't agreeable, so I don't think that's getting revisited.

I've heard that Hankton will be leaving. Folks can make of it what they will, I'm not sure of any of the specifics on that change.

It's worth noting that Monken has quite a bit of experience coaching WRs at a very high level and coached the position professionally in the NFL. If the Hankton info proves to be true then I think I am expecting Buster Faulkner to replace him on staff, with Monken and Faulkner collaborating between the QBs and receivers position coaching. Faulkner also figures to be an heir apparent to Monken as OC, so promoting Faulkner makes a lot of sense for continuity purposes as well.

As far as Muschamp goes, I really don't know. Rumors will fly. He and Kirby are good friends and he would have been on Kirby's staff had SC not offered him the head coaching job. I'm not sure if there will be a job opening for him at UGA though. I don't think Kirby is of any mind to push out Lanning, they have been very successful together, but if Lanning gets an offer and Muschamp is willing then Kirby may let that issue take care of itself. We'll just have to wait and see. Muschamp will definitely have DC offers so he could wind up anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Hankon is gone if what is being said is correct.  I can see us hiring an ace recruiter there. 

 

17 hours ago, Carter said:

Doubtful on Bobo. If Bobo doesn't stay on at South Carolina, he will have offers for OC elsewhere. Word on that was he wanted to bring his own guys in and Kirby wasn't agreeable, so I don't think that's getting revisited.

I've heard that Hankton will be leaving. Folks can make of it what they will, I'm not sure of any of the specifics on that change.

It's worth noting that Monken has quite a bit of experience coaching WRs at a very high level and coached the position professionally in the NFL. If the Hankton info proves to be true then I think I am expecting Buster Faulkner to replace him on staff, with Monken and Faulkner collaborating between the QBs and receivers position coaching. Faulkner also figures to be an heir apparent to Monken as OC, so promoting Faulkner makes a lot of sense for continuity purposes as well.

As far as Muschamp goes, I really don't know. Rumors will fly. He and Kirby are good friends and he would have been on Kirby's staff had SC not offered him the head coaching job. I'm not sure if there will be a job opening for him at UGA though. I don't think Kirby is of any mind to push out Lanning, they have been very successful together, but if Lanning gets an offer and Muschamp is willing then Kirby may let that issue take care of itself. We'll just have to wait and see. Muschamp will definitely have DC offers so he could wind up anywhere.

Take it for what it's worth, but SoFL said weeks ago that Monken has taken over the WR room since week 2 this season. So it definitely sounds like Hankton is gone, and I'd guess the most likely outcome is Monken officially taking over WR's for 2021 with Faulker stepping up into the QB room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

 

Take it for what it's worth, but SoFL said weeks ago that Monken has taken over the WR room since week 2 this season. So it definitely sounds like Hankton is gone, and I'd guess the most likely outcome is Monken officially taking over WR's for 2021 with Faulker stepping up into the QB room. 

Would be a great thing imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...