November 2020 Recruiting Thread

23 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Is Foreman a better prospect than Nolan Smith?

Nolan is a special player but I would say he has to develop into it more than Foreman imo. Nolan has had some poor effort this season also. Foreman looks like he would be a 1st round pick in the draft already... he's going to be a dominant player in college.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

from SoFl Dawg - 11/19 So…recruiting update. Heard this morning that Xavian Sorey may stay with his initial timeline which is before Thanksgiving. If he chooses to do so, we’re sticking with

It's official. Yuuuuuge pickup for Coach Scott.  

Tomorrow is going to be a great day! Get those GIFs ready. Our 22 DL class is going to be great 

50 minutes ago, Carter said:

Nolan is a special player but I would say he has to develop into it more than Foreman imo. Nolan has had some poor effort this season also. Foreman looks like he would be a 1st round pick in the draft already... he's going to be a dominant player in college.

They certainly have turned him ordinary this year tho. 

Concerning

On 11/16/2020 at 9:07 PM, Carter said:

He was a top billed 5 star recruit, #16 nationally on 247 composite and only behind Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields at QB in his recruiting class. He was expected to develop into a 1st round draft pick coming out of high school. He did not play all that well as a freshman and certainly not well enough to warrant the hype he had transferring into UGA. Very few actually do play well as freshman QBs.

It used to be considered a doomed season if a team had to rely on a freshman QB or even a rookie QB in the NFL. I still largely subscribe to that mentality, there is just sooo much they need to learn and adjust to with a step up in competition level. The freaks who come in ready to dominate in year 1 are extremely rare.

I'm very cautious regarding info that comes out about QBs in practice, but honestly it sounds to me like JT has been winning over his teammates with how well he has been performing lately. That was one of my biggest concerns with him earlier. He came in cocky and rubbed some guys the wrong way. Cocky is fine if you're backing it up and at a certain point it can breathe confidence into others. Our offense needs that confidence boost. The mental toughness is a bit of a question mark until we see him in a live game. I'm excited.

Being a 17 year old freshman starter was a tough load to handle. Doing it with a lousy OC was worse. We'll see what he's made of shortly.

15 hours ago, Carter said:

Foreman looked like the best prospect in America a year ago as a Junior when he won MVP over Bresee who was last years #1 overall.  I knew he was different after watching his reps vs Tate Ratledge....and they said Tate was the only person to win a rep against Foreman the entire camp.

As I know you know, Foreman is the 12th All Time prospect and Nolan 20th All Time per 247 Composite.  Nolan has been a disappointment so far IMO.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Foreman looked like the best prospect in America a year ago as a Junior when he won MVP over Bresee who was last years #1 overall.  I knew he was different after watching his reps vs Tate Ratledge....and they said Tate was the only person to win a rep against Foreman the entire camp.

As I know you know, Foreman is the 12th All Time prospect and Nolan 20th All Time per 247 Composite.  Nolan has been a disappointment so far IMO.

Yeah but I mean it’s year 2 for Nolan and this has been a very abnormal year. He has been disappointing this season for sure with a bigger role. I’m trying to give him and a lot of other guys the benefit of the doubt though with this season. There’s a lot of stuff Nolan has to develop with playing a hybrid LB role that he didn’t have to worry about in high school and none of these guys got anything resembling a normal training cycle through the offseason. Hopefully that changes next year. 

48 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah but I mean it’s year 2 for Nolan and this has been a very abnormal year. He has been disappointing this season for sure with a bigger role. I’m trying to give him and a lot of other guys the benefit of the doubt though with this season. There’s a lot of stuff Nolan has to develop with playing a hybrid LB role that he didn’t have to worry about in high school and none of these guys got anything resembling a normal training cycle through the offseason. Hopefully that changes next year. 

Agreed,

One of the odd facts of Kirby’s defense is they preach run first disciplined defense which often comes at the expense of sacks.  

The last few years we ranked 84th, 83rd, 68th, 45th (going of memory) in total sacks

from SoFl Dawg - 11/19

So…recruiting update.

Heard this morning that Xavian Sorey may stay with his initial timeline which is before Thanksgiving. If he chooses to do so, we’re sticking with the UGA pick. How we lost to fu has caused pause here especially without being able to sit down face to face with coaches and answer questions he may have. UGA is the choice if he announces early. If he pushes to after the new year, we’ll talk about that then but our chances decrease. He and Arnold are attempting to be a package deal.

Nyland Green-been lots of creamsicle chatter here, centered around them creating a spot for his sister to be an athletic trainer. Now hearing he’s taken calls from Venerables (CU) daily as well. However, this is another one I think stays with the Dawgs, but it’s not the slam dunk it was a month ago. This was another before Thanksgiving announcement but I’d be pleasantly surprised if he announces before next week. Might end up being UGA vs. CU in the end.

Maason Smith hearing was on a call with Scott, Lanning, & N. Williams for 30 minutes on Tuesday night. He’s never been a UGA lock but gut here is that we win this battle. Staff seems to get quality time with this kid when they want; can’t ignore that. Just need to get him back to campus. LSU is in big trouble here and I think a significant hammer is coming down.

Donovan Edwards and family were supposed to be in town this weekend. As of this post, we haven’t been able to confirm his travel arrangements. Indicator it’s not going to happen. We will not land him site unseen by both parents. Full family sign off is what we’re hearing. Believe his dad has seen UGA earlier this year. If he isn’t here Sat, Vandy is last realistic opportunity. Big need here imo. Might be biggest realistic need remaining on board.

Been asked a few times on X. Worthy, also committed to Michigan. Just don’t see it guys. Hope and prayer here. Haven’t heard of any plans for him to come check us out on his own dime. He’s communicated but no teeth to it. I don’t have an additional WR flip target name with strong feelings at this time. I’m not sure how much staff really wants Malik McClain over who we have committed based on recent chatter today.

Terrion Arnold…our take probably won’t make sense here but it’s what we feel. We will land Arnold, “if”, we land Sorey and Smith. We believe Arnold would sign on to play with those two (Foreman would join Smith). Miss on either, especially Sorey, and he’s headed to fu. Belief is that Bama is third here. Essentially, we think fu is his top choice currently, but he wants to play alongside equal talent he’s developed relationships previously.

We are speculating a max class size of 23. We do have a few who could be forward counters and take advantage of other resources. Speculation is staff wants 2-3 transfer spots. Challenge is we don’t have the initial counters available. Not sure how this will be navigated. Transfers depending on when they enroll can be counted towards 22. Winter enrollment (most ideal) count against 21 class. NCAA is going to have to offer some flex to 90-95 initial counters. We will lose more than we backfill here. Most of the losses will not be impact players imo.