Falcon tweets 11/01/2020

2 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

I found this one interesting. I’d be real interested to see what Smitty has to say. 

My dude coach Smith will always have a little special place in my heart..gave us the direction and guidance we needed after that perfect storm that was vick..

1 hour ago, Lowndesfalc said:

I honestly believe this truly shows how little alot of the biggest posters here actually understands football.. I believe it does have something to do with the Falcons legacy of losing and it definitely affects alot of the guys that post here.. This franchise has trained alot of our good fans into believing losing is just part of this franchise and they refuse to see what itll take to win.. 

17 minutes ago, Jesus said:

19-20 FG

17-14 XP

19 field goals leads the NFL.

For some additional context...

The one missed FG came from beyond 40 yards & was in the Chicago game when he got injured.

The missed XP on Thursday came when it was absolutely pouring rain & the wind was gusting big time. It blew the  ball off the tee on the kickoff immediately following the missed XP. The weather was definitely causing issues with the holds, because as the announcers pointed out on one of the FGs Koo made in that game, he had to kick it on the laces since Hofrichter was having a hard time getting a hold of the wet ball and getting it in place properly. Its actually kind of amazing Koo was able to do what he did in that game.

As for the other missed XPs, I'm pretty sure they came within the first few weeks pf the season. Considering that we have a rookie punter holding for Koo, and that they had an extremely shortened offseason & no preseason games to get on the same page, it's not too surprising that things were a little shaky at first.

56 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t understand why people are putting Cam with absolutely zero weapons in conversations with other QB’s. Outside of Brady, who was in that offense for a very long time, there aren’t many quarterbacks that can turn **** to sugar in New England

I also wonder is Cam over that injury.

Wasn't it his throwing shoulder?

57 minutes ago, k-train said:

For some additional context...

The one missed FG came from beyond 40 yards & was in the Chicago game when he got injured.

The missed XP on Thursday came when it was absolutely pouring rain & the wind was gusting big time. It blew the  ball off the tee on the kickoff immediately following the missed XP. The weather was definitely causing issues with the holds, because as the announcers pointed out on one of the FGs Koo made in that game, he had to kick it on the laces since Hofrichter was having a hard time getting a hold of the wet ball and getting it in place properly. Its actually kind of amazing Koo was able to do what he did in that game.

As for the other missed XPs, I'm pretty sure they came within the first few weeks pf the season. Considering that we have a rookie punter holding for Koo, and that they had an extremely shortened offseason & no preseason games to get on the same page, it's not too surprising that things were a little shaky at first.

Koo was not the only one to miss xp's early.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not sure. There’s something going on with him but it doesn’t help that he has nothing. I think Bill is just chopping this season up as a wash

I think that it was always the plan to consider it a wash ....I would not be shocked to find out that the team encouraged some of the vets to opted out to opt out