Florida vs Mizzou

TheTrue7

11 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Agree to disagree.. timing is everything.. after his antics during halftime, he needed to be an adult. Not the child, again.

He was doing it to be fun. I confess I didn’t see the game, but it was a fun little gesture I thought

20 hours ago, Redjack said:

LOL, ok guys. 🙄

Mullen didn’t instigate the fight, people were throwing punches before he even ran onto the field.

And dressing like Vader was a fun Halloween thing. Tough crowd man.

yes he did.. actually florida players were walking off the field into their tunnel before Mullen ran into midfield and tried to get into it with Missouri players and coaches.  Mullen instigated that fight.  The Darth Vadar stuff was for Halloween.. i don't personally care about that.. However Mullen is to blame for what happened afterwards. 

SECs response:

“There is no place in college football for the kind of incident that took place at halftime of the Missouri at Florida game Saturday night. Everyone involved is responsible for meeting sportsmanship standards throughout each game. Running on the field to confront a game official, the gathering of teams in an on-field confrontation and student-athletes throwing punches are all disappointing at any time, but even more so as we work to support healthy competition during a pandemic.”

Florida head coach Dan Mullen has been issued a reprimand by the Southeastern Conference and fined $25,000 for violating SEC Bylaws governing sportsmanship following Saturday’s football game between the University of Missouri and University of Florida.

Fines levied against schools and individuals in the Conference are directed into a fund supporting the SEC’s post-graduate scholarship program. Immediately following the altercation on Saturday, Florida defensive lineman Zach Carter and linebacker Antwuan Powell were ejected for the remainder of the game for fighting and Missouri outside linebacker Tre Williams was ejected for a flagrant unsportsmanlike conduct foul.

According to NCAA Football Playing Rule 9.5.1.b., ejections for fighting carry an automatic half-game suspension for the succeeding game which will result in Carter and Powell serving suspensions for the first half of Florida’s game against Georgia in Jacksonville on Saturday.

In addition, following video review of the incident, the SEC Office has issued a half-game suspension for Missouri linebacker Chad Bailey, offensive lineman Dylan Spencer and defensive lineman Markell Utsey for fighting action during the altercation. Each will miss the first half of Missouri’s game vs. Georgia on November 14 which follows a Missouri open date on November 7.

Fighting is defined as follows by NCAA Playing Rules:

RULE 2, SECTION 32. Fighting
ARTICLE 1. Fighting is any attempt by a player, coach or squad member in uniform to strike an opponent in a combative manner unrelated to football.
Such acts include, but are not limited to:
a. An attempt to strike an opponent with the arm(s), hand(s), leg(s) or foot (feet), whether or not there is contact.
b. An unsportsmanlike act toward an opponent that causes any opponent to retaliate by fighting (Rules 9-2-1 and 9-5-1-a-c).

Edited by mike teevee

5 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

yes he did.. actually florida players were walking off the field into their tunnel before Mullen ran into midfield and tried to get into it with Missouri players and coaches.  Mullen instigated that fight.  The Darth Vadar stuff was for Halloween.. i don't personally care about that.. However Mullen is to blame for what happened afterwards. 

Nope.

Mullen’s actions deserve criticism and I’m cool with the fine, but he definitely didn’t instigate the fight. The late hit on Trask instigated the fight, and it started before he went on the field. 

In hindsight I’m kinda okay with Mullen going all in for his guy. It seemed to fire that team up for the 2nd half where they just dominated, and if it gives these guys extra fire then a $25,000 fine will be worth it.

If he loses to Georgia yet again like I think he will then it will be as forgettable as anything else he’s tried to do, but for now I’m going to treat it like every time that goofball Bobby Cox got thrown out of a game because he was “sticking up for his guys.”

Edited by Redjack

2 hours ago, Redjack said:

Nope.

Yep..  MuLLLen instigated the fight.  He had no business running to midfield to confront the missouri coaches and players.  He started the entire mess.  The team was walking off the field and then when MuLLLen did what he did it intensified the situation even more then his moronic tactics by getting the crowd into it.  He lost control and it was a bad look and caused all of the mess that ensued. 

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Yep..  MuLLLen instigated the fight.  He had no business running to midfield to confront the missouri coaches and players.  He started the entire mess.  The team was walking off the field and then when MuLLLen did what he did it intensified the situation even more then his moronic tactics by getting the crowd into it.  He lost control and it was a bad look and caused all of the mess that ensued. 

Ok mister fax this is all true and right. 

16 minutes ago, Redjack said:

Ok mister fax this is all true and right. 

well he was fined because he was the one who started the entire mess.. you gator fans also said that whatever meyer did was great and he was a terrific guy, but he was a slimeball and you finally saw that when he wasn't no longer at florida.    The hit on trask was a late hit for sure, but it wasn't dirty.. I have seen worst hits that didn't get called either that were dirty hits.  I have no issue with MuLLLen being angry with the hit, but how he handled it was dead wrong.  His team followed his play and the rest is history.. You guys are fortunate there were no other suspensions with the punches being thrown.  MuLLLen could have easily went to the refs and layed into them, but going out and confronting missouri players and coaches was inexcusable.  we won't agree on this of course, but the video says it all about what happened.   btw come over to the cocktail party thread and give some predictions of what you think is going to happen in Jacksonville.  I am sure most florida fans are very very confident. 

33 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

well he was fined because he was the one who started the entire mess.. you gator fans also said that whatever meyer did was great and he was a terrific guy, but he was a slimeball and you finally saw that when he wasn't no longer at florida.    The hit on trask was a late hit for sure, but it wasn't dirty.. I have seen worst hits that didn't get called either that were dirty hits.  I have no issue with MuLLLen being angry with the hit, but how he handled it was dead wrong.  His team followed his play and the rest is history.. You guys are fortunate there were no other suspensions with the punches being thrown.  MuLLLen could have easily went to the refs and layed into them, but going out and confronting missouri players and coaches was inexcusable.  we won't agree on this of course, but the video says it all about what happened.   btw come over to the cocktail party thread and give some predictions of what you think is going to happen in Jacksonville.  I am sure most florida fans are very very confident. 

He was not fined for starting the fight because he didn’t start the fight. It would have been much higher if that was the case. The fight started before he ran onto the field. He was fined for his actions afterwards. 

Edit: Put in my prediction. I have no confidence that Mullen will ever beat Georgia. 

Edited by Redjack

14 hours ago, Redjack said:

He was not fined for starting the fight because he didn’t start the fight. The fight started before he ran onto the field.

okay i will concede saying he "instigated" was overkill since other stuff was going on that wasn't on the tv screen.  Mullen was fined for his role in the brawl and was publicly reprimanded for his behavior in inflaming the situation instead of helping to extinguish it.  the team followed his lead and it only intensified and turned into the fight it turned into IMO.  I know we won't agree on this which is fine, but that was my view of what I saw.   I thought it was interesting that Bianchi who has been a Mullen fanboy for a while has turned on him due to his recent behavior.. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-bianchi-gators-coach-dan-103400797.html

thanks for posting your prediction.. I am leaning toward florida winning on saturday.. honestly your offense scares me especially with our injuries.. i can see a 2 touchdown win for florida.