18 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

It’s impossible to know 100%. However I find it highly unlikely that Quinn had a dictator mentality. Last time someone like that entered the building it was Petrino, and that news was circulated quickly. Quinn was too “ra ra” to be involved in a dictatorship. 

For what it’s worth, this was more about the staff than the players. Basically the line was “anyone who questioned him or his views ended up being moved on.”

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quinn went to the state line at 0-5. Radio is 2-1 and should be 3-0. Ugh oh. Tankers have to be hating him right now.

Team is weird. When defense get stops offense doesn’t really do well. When offense does well, defense is atrocious. 

Please keep in mind the level of offenses we've played in those games

Posted Images

On 10/30/2020 at 11:15 AM, AUTiger7222 said:

Which is something we've done in all 3 games under Morris. We haven't run it successfully in any of the 3 games but we've stayed true to it. That matters. That helps the defense and helps protect the QB. The dramatic difference in offensive philosophy under Morris from Quinn is amazing.

One thing that is encouraging is that while the final numbers have not been eye popping.....the run game has been more effective in the second half.

I think Gurley ended up with 47 yards Thursday......not great but he only had like 6 yards in the first half so he got more effective as the game went on....which is what you want..

I would like to see Ito get more of a work load.....he offers a quickness that Hill and Gurley just do not have....which has hurt the run game a bit.

There have been times where a cut back was available but they did not make it and there have been times where Gurley tried to bounce it out...and it was there but his lack of lateral quickness hurt him.

36 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

It’s impossible to know 100%. However I find it highly unlikely that Quinn had a dictator mentality. Last time someone like that entered the building it was Petrino, and that news was circulated quickly. Quinn was too “ra ra” to be involved in a dictatorship. 

I agree, he doesn't fit the personality type. Dictators don't constantly promote "brotherhood"...

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

For what it’s worth, this was more about the staff than the players. Basically the line was “anyone who questioned him or his views ended up being moved on.”

Ah ok. I mean, every coach wants/needs buy-in from their staff/players. People make it seem like if he was making a mistake and someone wanted to correct him, that he didn’t like it and fired them.