Defense Is Much Improved

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Exactly. We didn’t even run the ball that great, but running ball eats up chunks of time and keeps your defense off the field. Plus having Offensive balance keeps opponent from teeing off on QB.

Which is something we've done in all 3 games under Morris. We haven't run it successfully in any of the 3 games but we've stayed true to it. That matters. That helps the defense and helps protect the QB. The dramatic difference in offensive philosophy under Morris from Quinn is amazing.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quinn went to the state line at 0-5. Radio is 2-1 and should be 3-0. Ugh oh. Tankers have to be hating him right now.

Team is weird. When defense get stops offense doesn’t really do well. When offense does well, defense is atrocious. 

Please keep in mind the level of offenses we've played in those games

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Not really I’d say if thee offense had punched in some of these drives earlier this games a blowout.

Yeah but we are not punching it in.. so that is a problem ... the Defense is playing a little bit better.. but lets not get carried away.. this defense needs ALOT of work and ALOT of players starting by a TRUE FS... and another CB cause only terrell is worth keeping in the starting lineup..

54 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

Yeah but we are not punching it in.. so that is a problem ... the Defense is playing a little bit better.. but lets not get carried away.. this defense needs ALOT of work and ALOT of players starting by a TRUE FS... and another CB cause only terrell is worth keeping in the starting lineup..

Until then you have to lean on the strength of the team and it’s why we needed the best man for the job as our OC.

We are an offensively built team rightly or wrongly that’s the part of team that must carry the day.

If like last night we get down in position we have to finish the job.Its like the 28-3 thing.When your in position finish.

I know the defense needs work but it’s no use saying it now we are what we are the offense has to carry the day or we are what we are a middle of the road team and that’s exactly what we’ve seen for the last 3 seasons.

9 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

You know I keep asking people where this source was that said that Quinn was a dictator and no one has provided it so far. Can you provide the link? I’d like to read what was said. So far it just seems like TAFT conspiracy theories.

Regardless he was still here during that time and the defense was under his control based on the only information we have available. 

Carl Dukes said it on Dukes and Bell, so it will be hard to provide a link.  Having said that, he cited sources "inside the building" and former coaches.  He mentioned Bryan Cox specifically, but didn't really make clear if he was quoting him or just talking about him while quoting someone else.

3 hours ago, fuego said:

I think in '16 when Shanny was here I think over 30% of our passes were play action. We don't use it enough.

I'm mainly talking bout last night game. I felt in the 4th quarter it should have been Gurley and Ollison and did you notice how when Todd Gurley was in all the starters stayed in except ridley obviously and it was effective as soon as hill came in the run and sense of suspension was out the door.. Gurley was finally getting hot in the 4th and they benched him when it matter.

22 hours ago, falcndave said:

I actually thought the offense was fine last night. It wasn't perfect, but they they constantly advance the numbers on the scoreboard. If you compare it to the previous Panthers game, it was a step in the right direction. They had 1 punt and 1 int. Other than that they were moving the ball and putting up points. I think the offense "feels" better to fans if we make the extra point to go up by "two scores." Its a small thing, but two score games always feel better. 

like in the super bowl

16 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Carl Dukes said it on Dukes and Bell, so it will be hard to provide a link.  Having said that, he cited sources "inside the building" and former coaches.  He mentioned Bryan Cox specifically, but didn't really make clear if he was quoting him or just talking about him while quoting someone else.

I believe it. I saw Quinn handprints all over the nonsense we saw in that 2018 defense that got MM fired.

The thing I will never understand is why we never blitzed more. You focus on drafting a bunch of really athletic players. You have an undersized front who is good at getting penetration. Let’s force the issue on defense. Create mistakes and put teams behind schedule. You have a dynamic offense and should only need a couple stops. You are going to give up some big plays but you will also get some turnover and stops.

7 minutes ago, falcndave said:

No, in the Superbowl they committed turnovers and failed to score on more than 2 possession.  So, pretty much nothing like it.

7 minutes ago, falcndave said:

No, in the Superbowl they committed turnovers and failed to score on more than 2 possession.  So, pretty much nothing like it.

My point was they were ahead by even more than two touchdowns and everyone was happy, Then we got Quinned. And every year since, the same. Glad he’s gone. Don’t think RM is the answer but right now not sure who is. I’m just glad it’s not up to me. Being one of the few that can say I’ve followed this team since day 1 I’m hoping to see a ring sooner rather than later. Don’t have another 55 years to wait.

7 minutes ago, Day1 said:

My point was they were ahead by even more than two touchdowns and everyone was happy, Then we got Quinned. And every year since, the same. Glad he’s gone. Don’t think RM is the answer but right now not sure who is. I’m just glad it’s not up to me. Being one of the few that can say I’ve followed this team since day 1 I’m hoping to see a ring sooner rather than later. Don’t have another 55 years to wait.

Okay, I see. I was really just talking about final score...not in game scores. Fans fill better about the offense if you do things that really don't mean much...like win by 9 points instead  of 8, or score 30 instead of 29. Some things just look sexier on the final score even though they don't mean a lot in reality. So, don't look at the final score, look at the process. How did you get there, in other words. 

We still have not played a team .500 or over since we jettisoned Quinn or TD.  We barely won that last game.  

Premature jocularity is the norm here.  I get it we won 2 games.  Lets make to the bye without any major injuries.  Matty still has little time with our iffy offense.  Defense... lets see a real team play us.

5-11... maaaaaaybe 6-10 if the other teams are dealing with injuries.

Freaking o-line is still too porous.  Wait until we play a team with a killer defense.  Matty will get killed and folk here will blame him for not releasing in a nano second.

Same old Falcon premature jocularity.  We have a lot of work to do folks.  

This team is like Sisyphus... cursed for eternity.  For now.

Look it up.

On 10/29/2020 at 11:22 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Quinn went to the state line at 0-5.

Radio is 2-1 and should be 3-0. Ugh oh.

Tankers have to be hating him right now.

You will too, if RM keeps the team rolling just enough to get the job. We'll see how much you'll be laughing then. It'll be great to be stuck in mediocrity for a few more years, instead of the reset that needs to happen.  

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan
On 10/30/2020 at 6:35 PM, JDaveG said:

Ah ok so nothing that is concrete. Just a lot of hearsay and speculation. If it is indeed Bryan Cox who said that then I’ll take that with a grain of sand. He’s given a few interviews where he mentioned since his firing. This one being the one that may point out some potential bias he may have against the organization. Not saying it’s not possible, but seem unlikely given the “ra ra” personality type that Quinn was trying to promote.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/bryan-cox-believes-combine-incident-led-his-firing-falcons/PtqQgxWydfGjrTQQZze8xJ/

25 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Ah ok so nothing that is concrete. Just a lot of hearsay and speculation. If it is indeed Bryan Cox who said that then I’ll take that with a grain of sand. He’s given a few interviews where he mentioned since his firing. This one being the one that may point out some potential bias he may have against the organization. Not saying it’s not possible, but seem unlikely given the “ra ra” personality type that Quinn was trying to promote.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/bryan-cox-believes-combine-incident-led-his-firing-falcons/PtqQgxWydfGjrTQQZze8xJ/

I don’t think we can know for sure. I was skeptical mainly because his take was “now that he’s fired we can talk about this,” but still didn’t name names. It seems to me if protecting identities was the problem he could have refused to name names a long time ago. 

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I don’t think we can know for sure. I was skeptical mainly because his take was “now that he’s fired we can talk about this,” but still didn’t name names. It seems to me if protecting identities was the problem he could have refused to name names a long time ago. 

It’s impossible to know 100%. However I find it highly unlikely that Quinn had a dictator mentality. Last time someone like that entered the building it was Petrino, and that news was circulated quickly. Quinn was too “ra ra” to be involved in a dictatorship.