Defense Is Much Improved

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Me: Morris was apart of the 0-5 start. He is responsible too for our losses.

You: Dan Quinn would fire coaches that didn’t agree with him.

Me: Show me the evidence.

You: Go look it up.

The onus is on you to prove what you said was true, not me. I’ve provided examples that disprove your statement. You have yet to provide any evidence. 

Nah, you just dont want to dig beneath the surface. I showed you how to get it.

You post a rosey quote from Lefluer about his super bowl run era with quinn while assisting with top 10 offense of all time. Thats laughable. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quinn went to the state line at 0-5. Radio is 2-1 and should be 3-0. Ugh oh. Tankers have to be hating him right now.

Team is weird. When defense get stops offense doesn’t really do well. When offense does well, defense is atrocious. 

Please keep in mind the level of offenses we've played in those games

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Macintez said:

I think our defense will actually rise to the challenge. The only thing is, it would be misleading if they DID perform because they really don’t play up to that level every week. I HATE when teams do that. One great performance doesn’t redeem a season like this.

Oh I definitely agree. The defense looked stout this game. The previous two games didn’t impress me. Either way I don’t believe Morris is the answer and there’s a lot of overhype around these boards with him. 

2 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Beat me to it.

Staying with the run is paying off.

Exactly. We didn’t even run the ball that great, but running ball eats up chunks of time and keeps your defense off the field. Plus having Offensive balance keeps opponent from teeing off on QB.

18 minutes ago, red falcon said:

When we were winning..... winning changes everything. This was also the offensive side of the ball.... the side that carried us.

No one has said anything negative about quinn publicly.

Last few gms he was here ask yourself if the defense looked like they wanted to play for him. Is it simular to the past two weeks of play?

Since you edited this, I’ll respond.

Exactly. No one has said anything negative publicly about Quinn. Full stop. Lol

When a team is losing it affects the players negatively. Looking at game 1 through 5 and you can see the enthusiasm go down because of the type of defeats they endured. As far as the last 3 games, we beat a bottom feeding Vikings team, lost to a mid tier Lions team, and won against a lower mid-tier Panthers team. This isn’t something that we should be hanging our hat on. This was the first game I saw our defense be stout at the point of attack. I saw actual improvement. 

11 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Nah, you just dont want to dig beneath the surface. I showed you how to get it.

You post a rosey quote from Lefluer about his super bowl run era with quinn while assisting with top 10 offense of all time. Thats laughable. 

There’s nothing to dig for. You just said that nothing negative was said about Quinn publicly. You provided the statement, you’re the one that needs to dig up the evidence lol.

I also posted two other instances where your narrative was destroyed. If you want to listen to speculation by from local radio station and take it as fact, that’s on you. The evidence is on my side.

8 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Since you edited this, I’ll respond.

Exactly. No one has said anything negative publicly about Quinn. Full stop. Lol

When a team is losing it affects the players negatively. Looking at game 1 through 5 and you can see the enthusiasm go down because of the type of defeats they endured. As far as the last 3 games, we beat a bottom feeding Vikings team, lost to a mid tier Lions team, and won against a lower mid-tier Panthers team. This isn’t something that we should be hanging our hat on. This was the first game I saw our defense be stout at the point of attack. I saw actual improvement. 

There’s nothing to dig for. You just said that nothing negative was said about Quinn publicly. You provided the statement, you’re the one that needs to dig up the evidence lol.

I also posted two other instances where your narrative was destroyed. If you want to listen to speculation by from local radio station and take it as fact, that’s on you. The evidence is on my side.

Destroyed is used in error. We will agree to disagree. You posted some random quotes. I told you what the source was. Im actually reaching out to him now. I appreciate your opinion. 

You are naive to think major reporters of sports are on only ones to get the info. The radio station is actually in atlanta.

And who cares if i edited my post or added to it? Is that a jab mr. I won?

Edited by red falcon
9 hours ago, CaliFalcons said:

Team is weird. When defense get stops offense doesn’t really do well. When offense does well, defense is atrocious. 

There was a postgame quote I read that might explain this. Can’t recall who. The quote was “it was the defense’s turn to win one”.

TURN??? This isn’t share time. If BOTH our offense and defense aren’t thinking EVERY game is their turn then we have a problem Houston.

I once read a joke about how the 90s Braves would get a hit to lead off the game, steal second, fielders choice to third, and sac fly home for a 1-0 lead. They’d hand the ball to Glavine or Maddux in the bottom of the first and say “There’s your lead, go get em!”

That kind of mentality is not healthy. It puts enormous pressure on the other side of the ball. There are never enough points scored on offense. And the defense needs to believe they can win every game ON THEIR OWN. That’s the way great defenses like Pittsburgh and Baltimore play.

3 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Destroyed is used in error. We will agree to disagree. You posted some random quotes. I told you what the source was. Im actually reaching out to him now. I appreciate your opinion. 

You are naive to think major reporters of sports are on only ones to get the info. The radio station is actually in atlanta.

Destroyed as in you haven’t provided any tangible evidence to your statement, and that everything is pure speculation on your part.

I posted a quote from a current player, former coach, and a interview with a former player. All of which give testimony that the things you are claiming aren’t true.

You haven’t provided any evidence, and neither has he. There’s only speculation. If he comes back with “a source” that’s not tangible either. 

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Destroyed as in you haven’t provided any tangible evidence to your statement, and that everything is pure speculation on your part.

I posted a quote from a current player, former coach, and a interview with a former player. All of which give testimony that the things you are claiming aren’t true.

You haven’t provided any evidence, and neither has he. There’s only speculation. If he comes back with “a source” that’s not tangible either. 

Ok, so if its not on the internet its not real. Understood.

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

My big fear is Radio taking the helm next season. 

Yeah same here but I’ll say this, I haven’t seen or heard of anyone who I’m clamoring for to be our next HC.  Panthers OC doesn’t look bad but not sure how much NFL experience he has.  I’m just not a big fan of bringing in a coach right out of college.  

1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

The only thing I truly hate about this team is the way they don't care about momentum...Gurley was running good...was next series go with Hill and it was horrible

Don't forget running up the middle on every first down, even after you were successful throwing on first down the first play of the game to Julio.

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This is not personal with me, I just want the losing mentality of the buccies stench (Radio, Koetter, McKay) as far away from Flowery Branch as possible. Radio has bounced around and none of his units were standouts at anything. 

imo McKay isnt going anywhere! he's Blank's right hand man! Koetter stinks! Morris...meh...but i aint hating on him! but can he get rid of the Quinn vibe??? will he play the 'best' players regardless!!?? something says he will since he's trying to get that job for next year!!

Edited by sanfranfalcon
11 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Falcons defense has been better, much better the last 4 games. They've given up 23, 23, 23, and 17 points in the last 4 games. That's 21.5 PPG. If the offense had been living up to their potential the Falcons would be 4-0 in those games instead of only 2-2. 21.5 PPG allowed by the defense should be good enough to contend for and win a Super Bowl in today's NFL, especially if the offense is pulling their weight. 21.5 PPG would be ranked 11th in the NFL right now. There's no reason this shouldn't be achievable in 2021.

How does being 11th qualify you for the superbowl?

12 hours ago, CaliFalcons said:

Offense was in the red zone so many times and only scored 25 points. This should've been a 40+ point game. Koetter's playcalling in the redzone is atrocious.

4 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

The instructions were pretty clear. Don't score. The idea was to, at the very least, have a chance to score a TD with little to no time remaining. I still think it's the right call because if Gurley had went to the ground like he was supposed to, the offense could have set up inside the 2 yard line with 30 to 40 seconds remaining on the clock after a spike. That gives them one or two shots at a TD before setting up for a game winning FG. That's best case scenario because all options are available.

It was a solid plan that was botched by player error.

I think Raheem deserves a small amount of blame, but if Gurley listens to Matt as well as the coaching staff no one is complaining. Gurley has been in the league way too long to make that sort of mistake.

It was a boneheaded play which has been an issue for the Falcons ever since Quinn has been our head coach. It shows the difference in philosophy between Smith vs. Quinn. Smith prioritized disciplined and smart players while Quinn was all about collecting talent/athletes. Both approaches can work, but I lean towards Quinn's approach. Chiefs, Seahawks, and Steelers have all been successful with this approach. You just need a great coaching staff to get the best out of them.

52 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

How does being 11th qualify you for the superbowl?

If you've got a top 5 offense (which the Falcons should given the talent they've got drooling on that side of the ball) then the 11th ranked defense would be plenty good enough to win a Super Bowl. Sadly the Falcons don't have a top 5 offense.

12 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Falcons defense has been better, much better the last 4 games. They've given up 23, 23, 23, and 17 points in the last 4 games. That's 21.5 PPG. If the offense had been living up to their potential the Falcons would be 4-0 in those games instead of only 2-2. 21.5 PPG allowed by the defense should be good enough to contend for and win a Super Bowl in today's NFL, especially if the offense is pulling their weight. 21.5 PPG would be ranked 11th in the NFL right now. There's no reason this shouldn't be achievable in 2021.

Here we go again, please wait until we play some actual competition.

Just now, jetpac said:

Here we go again, please wait until we play some actual competition.

The competition hasn't been great, but the difference before was it didn't matter who we were facing. The defense was giving up yards and points like crazy. In the last 4 weeks they've really improved. Heck, I know the Packers scored 30 points but I don't think the defense was honestly that bad in that game either. They held their own for the most part against the Packers but got no help from the offense and eventually the Packers got enough possessions to reach 30 points.

5 hours ago, hjerry said:

Please keep in mind the level of offenses we've played in those games

Yes, the competition isn't great. I'm well aware. But I see a vast difference to the way the defense has played the last 3 or 4 games compared to the beginning of the season. Defense looks faster, coverage is tighter, we're more aggressive and that's resulting in sacks helping to end drives and give the ball back to the offense. In no way am I saying "yes, this is it!!" We're not at that point. We need to get better pressure with our front four and we need to force more turnovers. But just watching the way the defense has played has me hopeful we're finally moving in the right direction.