Falcons defense has been better, much better the last 4 games. They've given up 23, 23, 23, and 17 points in the last 4 games. That's 21.5 PPG. If the offense had been living up to their potential the Falcons would be 4-0 in those games instead of only 2-2. 21.5 PPG allowed by the defense should be good enough to contend for and win a Super Bowl in today's NFL, especially if the offense is pulling their weight. 21.5 PPG would be ranked 11th in the NFL right now. There's no reason this shouldn't be achievable in 2021.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quinn went to the state line at 0-5. Radio is 2-1 and should be 3-0. Ugh oh. Tankers have to be hating him right now.

Team is weird. When defense get stops offense doesn’t really do well. When offense does well, defense is atrocious. 

Please keep in mind the level of offenses we've played in those games

Posted Images

I agree they are improved especially considering other team's receivers are not left wide open by 10 yards but some of the improvements are definitely related to the drop in competition. Three of the first five games were against the Seahawks, dallas and packers which can score. Minnesota, lions and panthers are average offenses.

7 hours ago, CaliFalcons said:

Team is weird. When defense get stops offense doesn’t really do well. When offense does well, defense is atrocious. 

I actually thought the offense was fine last night. It wasn't perfect, but they they constantly advance the numbers on the scoreboard. If you compare it to the previous Panthers game, it was a step in the right direction. They had 1 punt and 1 int. Other than that they were moving the ball and putting up points. I think the offense "feels" better to fans if we make the extra point to go up by "two scores." Its a small thing, but two score games always feel better. 

1 minute ago, Mr.11 said:

My fear is that he retains Koetter. If he gets hired, I hope he picks someone else as OC. Kutty ain't it.

I agree, i dont want koetter here anymore. He even through Rah under the bus this week about what he would have done on the gurley td vs the lions.

Dirk can go. Get a creative westcoast guy.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Because we have his record and there are far more forward thinking candidates than this rehashed buccies stench. 

Lol ok. Its not his fault gurley didnt get down like he was suppose to. We still dont have a pass rush he adapted this gm. Season aint over. 

All things considered he is 1 and 2. Should be 2 and 1 if we arw talking about "his" record.

3 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

A43B275F-CAED-4ACF-B313-B5CB53B6EA14.jpeg.691b2bd0886e406d0561d9efdbf6e7fb.jpeg

Me too. Beat to a bottom feeding. Lost to a lower mid-tier team. And beat a lower mid-tier team.

That being said, the defense played well last night. 

Defense has been better, not much but better. I like the aggressive play of sending corner and Lber blitzes more frequently. Pressure the QB, don't let them sit there with 3 rushing like Quinn did. I think this is influenced by Ulbrich with support from Radio. 

13 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Lol ok. Its not his fault gurley didnt get down like he was suppose to. We still dont have a pass rush he adapted this gm. Season aint over. 

All things considered he is 1 and 2. Should be 2 and 1 if we arw talking about "his" record.

This is not personal with me, I just want the losing mentality of the buccies stench (Radio, Koetter, McKay) as far away from Flowery Branch as possible. Radio has bounced around and none of his units were standouts at anything. 

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This is not personal with me, I just want the loseing mentality of the buccies stench (Radio, Koetter, McKay) as far away from Flowery Branch as possible. 

I feel you on dirk and McKay. Morris has at least shown the ability to adapt.  I know we have seen this before, again i say i think quinn was a huge problem.

We both just want the team to succeed. 

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Defense has been better, not much but better. I like the aggressive play of sending corner and Lber blitzes more frequently. Pressure the QB, don't let them sit there with 3 rushing like Quinn did. I think this is influenced by Ulbrich with support from Radio. 

You really have a hard time giving Morris credit. It's no coincidence the defense has looked competent since he took over as interim HC. It's even no coincidence the offensive playcalling has noticeably changed since he took over (Ryan only threw 30 passes last night, and much of it came off of play action).

Truth of the matter is Morris is 2-1 and should be 3-0 since taking over as HC. He was part of the team that won the Super Bowl. Not ready to crown him yet, but he clearly has a clue about what it takes to win.

Koetter can go though.